video failure

Challie

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 11:26 am
In the summer I purchased a digital camera, it takes still pictures, and short videos as well. I took 20 still pictures and a 40 second video of a party all of which until now I have been able to watch on my PC, but now I can view the still pictures OK but when I try the video I get the sound but no picture just a notice saying [video not available cannot find 'vids:mjpg' decompresser] this is the first time I have tried to watch it since installing NERO6 could this be a problem I'm on Win XP
HELP
Challie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 578 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:12 am
Can we get a little more info here.

How are you launching the video? Are you just double clicking on the vidoe's icon or are you opening a viewing application and then selecting the file to watch?

Is Nero launching when you are trying to watch this video?
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:37 pm
Fishin
I have the vid with the other pictures as a file in my documents, I open my documents then click on the link and a Nero box appears at the top of the screen but when I click on the play buttoon I get sound but no picture.
does this help?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:02 pm
OK, It sounds like your MPEG video association in Windows got changed when you installed Nero.

Do as you have been, open "My Documents"but instead of double clicking on teh file you want to open right click on it one time. A small menu box should pop up. One of the choices will be "Open with..." Select that. If the program that came with your camera is one of the choices listed select it. If not choose "Other Program" and then find the application that came with your camera and select it.
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 12:35 pm
Thanks mate
I will give that a try
0 Replies