Who should have died? God the Father or God the Son?

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:20 pm
Who should have died? God the Father or God the Son?

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

In our human world, it is custom for fathers to readily die for their children.
Given the choice, I do not know of any man that would not willingly save his son’s life by giving up his own. After all, we live for our children.
We often say that the sons should bury the fathers and consider it a great breach of the norm and an injustice for fathers to have to bury their sons.

If, on earth as it is in heaven has any meaningful truth to it, should God the Father not be the one to willingly die for His son?

If God is to be our example, are most of us ignoring His example and in that way breaking the first commandment by putting our own desires over His and thus placing some other idea above Him?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,165 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:22 pm
For the most part, mankind has always put their thoughts and desires above God's. Nothing new in that. I'm not really grasping what you are meaning about the Father should have died though.
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:35 pm
Hi Greatest,
With regards to that particular God, read Isaiah 45.7. before you continue. This God is as evil as is good, as merciful as is cruel, as honest as is deceptive.
Have a great day.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Think of our human traditions. Who is saved in a ship wreck?
hint, women and children first.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:25 pm
@mark noble,
Thanks for not showing your secular view of religious view fool.
I take it that in a ship wreck, you would dress as a woman.

Quite the man. Not.

Regards
DL
dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:26 pm
the trinity is an enigma never addressed adequately by any theologian. A logical absurdity.
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:29 pm
@dyslexia,
yeah, i was thinking that, if the trinity is an accepted idea, then god the father died as god the son
mark noble

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 04:38 pm
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest,
I know not what you spouteth sir, your sentence makes no sense. I refer you to a passage of said God, explain the implications of the passage's message, and you not only attempt to insult me but make a complete hash of doing just so.
I don't sail, so I can't see how it would affect me (your question that is). Why would I ever wear a dress? Are you romanticising some notion of your own displaced bravado and comparing it to me? Nobody can know how they would react in a given situation - To fantasise as to how one would is more than a little disturbing, don't you think?
Anyway good luck with your mental problems, and have a nice day.
Mark...
Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:38 pm
@Greatest I am,
You are trying to bring spiritual things to the level of human things. You are out of your depth.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:21 am
@dyslexia,
On this we agree.

If Christians are to follow the Trinitarian view, they should have all three heads knowing all the same information. Scripture says they do not and even have us treating them differently with different penalties for cursing one over the other.

Even a lawyers brain would have a headache trying to keep up with those silly notions.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:22 am
@djjd62,
Then the Bible should not say the Father sent the Son.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:26 am
@Intrepid,
On earth as it is in heaven mean anything to you?

Thanks for the chastisement without correction. That is just cruelty.
Do you spank your children without telling them why?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:27 am
@mark noble,
Strange that no one else has a problem. It must be me. Can't possibly be you.

Regards
DL
Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:06 am
@Greatest I am,
Sure it means something to me. Apparently, not in the context that you seem to put it.

Cruelty? You seem to have a bit of a complex, Greatest I am. You don't seem to have a problem calling other posters a fool, but you take offense at anything that you do not like.

Perhaps you need to grow up a bit before you try to dialogue with adults.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:20 am
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Intrepid wrote:

Sure it means something to me. Apparently, not in the context that you seem to put it.

Thanks for not showing what it means then.
Again chastisement without correction.

Cruelty? You seem to have a bit of a complex, Greatest I am. You don't seem to have a problem calling other posters a fool, but you take offense at anything that you do not like.

Perhaps you need to grow up a bit before you try to dialogue with adults.

Get better at discourse or go away.
You have shown twice now that you have no idea of what you speak.
I have no time for empty minds.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:53 am
@Greatest I am,
So are you complaining that God sent His son to save us? He is God. We aren't. He gets to make the rules.

Um, your posts are kind of hard to understand. I still am not sure what it is you are trying to get at.
mark noble

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:35 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest,
I am sorry for that, but you threw the first insult, I only defended myself.
So, insults aside - "On earth as it is in heaven". I've thrashed this out with my good friend Mark Gamson (On the forum, but somewhat lost for now), a devout christian and a damn good bloke to boot. We have interpreted this passage as - The way a christian should apply him/herself on this plane, should equal in exactitude to what they expect from the heavenly plane. To sum up - To enact here as would enact there.
I hope this helps your thread Greatest. And, once again, I am sorry for my earlier abruptness.
Have a terrific day, my friend.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 11:15 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

So are you complaining that God sent His son to save us? He is God. We aren't. He gets to make the rules.

Um, your posts are kind of hard to understand. I still am not sure what it is you are trying to get at.

Just that if we are to emulate God, then we also should offer our children for death instead of stepping up ourselves as, to my mind, we should.

Believers who do the right thing and not follow God's example then would go to hell.

I see it as going to hell for doing the moral thing and placing my children's lives above my own.

Would you send your child to die or step up yourself?

I know I write funny as I am Franglais and English is not my mother tongue.
You should see the mess when I forget to spell check.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 11:20 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Greatest,
I am sorry for that, but you threw the first insult, I only defended myself.
So, insults aside - "On earth as it is in heaven". I've thrashed this out with my good friend Mark Gamson (On the forum, but somewhat lost for now), a devout christian and a damn good bloke to boot. We have interpreted this passage as - The way a christian should apply him/herself on this plane, should equal in exactitude to what they expect from the heavenly plane. To sum up - To enact here as would enact there.
I hope this helps your thread Greatest. And, once again, I am sorry for my earlier abruptness.
Have a terrific day, my friend.
Mark...

A good interpretation that I agree with but I hope neither of us would follow in this case and put our children above us.

As to insults, if we do not see them as water on a ducks back in this place, then we do not belong here.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
I am guessing you don't really understand the whole concept.