Who should have died? God the Father or God the Son?

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I am guessing you don't really understand the whole concept.

I am guessing the same for you as you did not refute anything by trying to improve my understanding in any way.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:09 pm
@Greatest I am,
First of all, I did not chastize you. I simply made a comment based on my observations by what you have posted. You have said God is just as evil as He is good. Would you have scripture reference for that? Let me answer that for you, no, you do not.

I don't really understand you well enough to converse with you.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

First of all, I did not chastize you. I simply made a comment based on my observations by what you have posted. You have said God is just as evil as He is good. Would you have scripture reference for that? Let me answer that for you, no, you do not.

I don't really understand you well enough to converse with you.

That is true and you will find that I try hard not to say anything without some kind of back up. I like all of us hate to ever be found to be wrong.

As to God being evil as well as good. it is scripture.

Does it not say that God is the alpha and omega of all attributes?
Yes it does.

If someone is more evil than God then name him. When you do, remember that you break the first commandment by placing someone above God for that attribute.
Logic is a useful tool.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:06 pm
@Greatest I am,
Nothing like adding your own words to scripture. He said He is the Alpha and the Omega. He did not say 'of all attributes'.

Just out of curiosity, what beliefs do you claim to adhere to? Christian, Muslim, etc.?
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Arella Mae wrote:

Nothing like adding your own words to scripture. He said He is the Alpha and the Omega. He did not say 'of all attributes'.

You do not understand Bible God much.

If not, then that would mean that we can place someone above Him. That is not allowed. As the creator of all concepts, that is scripture, then He must be the most good and the most evil. After all, He created all concepts.

Right?

Just out of curiosity, what beliefs do you claim to adhere to? Christian, Muslim, etc.? [/color]

My closest label would be Deist. Without the belief in a deity.
The Godhead I know is a cosmic consciousness found through apotheosis.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:47 am
@Greatest I am,
I do not understand where you get your ideas about the bible or God. God is not evil. It is not one of His attributes. Continuing to call Him so is pretty much blasphemy.

How can you be a deist if you don't believe in a diety? I am sorry Greatest, but I don't understand you at all.
mark noble

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 12:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hi Arella,
Don't mean to intervene, but Isaiah 45:7 begs to differ. Let me know how you interpret this? Please.
Thank you.
Mark...
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:38 pm
@mark noble,
Please do join in the conversation! Here is a good explanation of Isaiah 45:7

http://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html

But there is a difference (at least to me) in saying God is evil and God created evil or the possibility of it.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:44 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I do not understand where you get your ideas about the bible or God. God is not evil. It is not one of His attributes. Continuing to call Him so is pretty much blasphemy.

How can you be a deist if you don't believe in a diety? I am sorry Greatest, but I don't understand you at all.

Is using genocide against man evil?
Think Noah and how children and babies could be evil.

Is killing man or pitting man against man to have him kill for you evil?
Think most of the O T.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:52 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Please do join in the conversation! Here is a good explanation of Isaiah 45:7

http://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html

But there is a difference (at least to me) in saying God is evil and God created evil or the possibility of it.

So instead of admitting that God created evil, gotquestion would rather make God look like a fool that must micro manage his creations.

Quite a make work project for God.
If He has to forever tweak his creations then obviously, He is creating them wrong.

I hope you are not silly enough to get all your --I don't know answers from such a stupid site.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hi Arella,
Thank you for that, by the way.
How do you interpret colossians 1:16-17?
All acts being "by Him, for Him and through HIm".
xxx
Mark...
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:34 pm
@mark noble,
I'm not so sure it needs interpreting Mark. However, the word ALL must be used in the concept of God's attributes.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I'm not so sure it needs interpreting Mark. However, the word ALL must be used in the concept of God's attributes.

Do you understand that God creates evil with law?

Every law is permission and indeed, compulsion to discriminate against a sub section os society.

Right?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

But there is a difference (at least to me) in saying God is evil and God created evil or the possibility of it.[/color]

Hi Arella,
Does God allow "evil" to take place? Because if God does (I'm assuming God, as in biblical God here - please correct me if wrong to), then God is sanctifying evil - He may not be pulling the trigger, but He is allowing the act. If He allows his children to commit evil, it stands to reason that He is the advocate of Evil, don't you think? I know this is hard to digest, but without God there would be no evil.
Thank you again Arella, and have a brilliant evening.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:40 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

But there is a difference (at least to me) in saying God is evil and God created evil or the possibility of it.[/color]

Hi Arella,
Does God allow "evil" to take place? Because if God does (I'm assuming God, as in biblical God here - please correct me if wrong to), then God is sanctifying evil - He may not be pulling the trigger, but He is allowing the act. If He allows his children to commit evil, it stands to reason that He is the advocate of Evil, don't you think? I know this is hard to digest, but without God there would be no evil.

Your not serious with this last are you. Evil would certainly be around without God. It exists now, as defined by the masters of this earth. Man.

Arella. Is the genocide of man a good thing or an evil thing?

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:48 pm
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest,
I am only quoting the Biblical God who allegedly created everything. When I say "without God, there would be no evil" It is because "without God (biblical God)" there wouldn't be "Anything", If you (not you) believe in said God, as does Arella - Then the attributes thereof must be applied. So "No God = No Anything - Evil included".
Hope this clears that up for you Greatest?
All the best.
Mark...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:24 pm
@Greatest I am,
I get my answers from scripture. God is not evil. You prefer to believe He is. We have nothing else to talk about.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:26 pm
@mark noble,
God allowing evil to happen is NOT sanctifying it. God makes it clear we are not to do evil. If God hadn't of created humans, you are right, there would be no evil. But He did create us and He did tell us to avoid evil. You can't blame God for the actions of man simply because God created us.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hi Arella,
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just curious - I have a close friend and devout christian I work with and all we discuss are the intricacies of God. He does agree that God is the author of all acts though - He doesn't like it, but he agrees. He has researched this to the deepest depths of language and theology that a human can do, by the way - He takes nothing at face-value and won't preach what is false.
He wont come here to this forum because of the profanity and lewdness that is rife here, though. You'd have enjoyed his company I'm sure.
Have a great day Arella - I'll catch up with you later.
Mark...
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:59 pm
@mark noble,
I didn't mean YOU were blaming God. I use you too generally sometimes. I apologize for that.

Mark, I'm not too crazy about God's permissive will that allows us humans to do some of the most horrendous things. But, He makes the rules. I don't.