Who should have died? God the Father or God the Son?

mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hi Arella,
I understand completely. The bible, as you are no doubt aware is rife with contradictory information, mainly due to there being so many authors and so many latter editors. everything can be seen as literal, symbolic, or both. It is a must-have book in my opinion. It fills the mind with questions and removes the material world in doing so. My favourite book is the Book ofProverbs, by the way. It is more accurate than any modern day psychology textbook.
May the best of everything embrace your paths, Arella.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I get my answers from scripture. God is not evil. You prefer to believe He is. We have nothing else to talk about.

Good. I have a hard time talking to people who are traitors to humanity for an alien God.

Pray for morals and your soul. You have lost it.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:34 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

God allowing evil to happen is NOT sanctifying it. God makes it clear we are not to do evil. If God hadn't of created humans, you are right, there would be no evil. But He did create us and He did tell us to avoid evil. You can't blame God for the actions of man simply because God created us.

If a girl is being raped and I just watch and do nothing then I am in collusion of rape.
If your God does the same then He is in collusion of rape.
If you do not see this and recognize that man's laws is more moral than your God's then I pity your poor Godless soul. you have learned nothing from your Bible.

If a watchmaker makes a watch that does not keep time, who or what is to blame?
The watch or the watch maker?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:45 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I didn't mean YOU were blaming God. I use you too generally sometimes. I apologize for that.

Mark, I'm not too crazy about God's permissive will that allows us humans to do some of the most horrendous things. But, He makes the rules. I don't.

Especially when you applaud His most horrendous acts and breaking His own rules while threatening us with eternal punishment if we follow His example.
Quite the God you follow.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:29 pm
@Greatest I am,
I see. I disagree with you so you think it's okay to tell me I have no morals? I disagree with you so you attack me personally? You are rather intolerant, aren't you?
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:33 pm
@mark noble,
It has been a pleasure chatting with you Mark. I like what you said about the Book of Proverbs.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:40 pm
@Greatest I am,
And just where do you draw the line of when humans are responsible? You seem to know right from wrong. You make your own choices, don't you? If you do wrong and know it, it's a choice you made, right? Would you rather be a puppet? Sure, God could make us all be perfect little robots that never do a single thing wrong. Take some responsibility for yourself! Lots of kids are born in this world that didn't ask to be. I suppose we should put their parents in jail if they (the kids) commit a crime? Lots of those kids turn out to be productive members of society because they choose to overcome their circumstances and not blame someone else for their situation. We can all learn from such as these.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 05:23 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I see. I disagree with you so you think it's okay to tell me I have no morals? I disagree with you so you attack me personally? You are rather intolerant, aren't you?

I am extremely tolerant for some things but am proud to say that I have a 0 tolerance for any that applaud the genocide of man and think it any king of justice. To me, that is a display of intolerance that all should have.

The murder of innocent children and babies should not be seen as a good thing.

Please think on this.
I know it is just a myth and that our true God is not the genocidal maniac that you follow.

Other believers twist their brains completely out of shape to try to believe that God did not do it and this is why Christian beliefs are all over the map. Surely you can recognize the total immorality of that story and adjust your beliefs to one where God is not what you immorally follow. A genocidal maniac.

I fight such silly beleifs when I can and continue with things like the following.
It is a WIP for an O P.

If you would like to comment.

Regards
DL

This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.

I see the Bible as a tool created or written to have us seek God. Not To find God.

I see the Bible as the tree of knowledge. After all, even it says that we have no access to the tree of immortality but it does not say that we do not have access to the tree of knowledge because that is what it tries to be.

The O T is obviously and demonstrably showing itself as more of an Anti-Christ than the N T Christ that is showing itself as a complete opposite to the O T. That one is so goody goody that he becomes impossible to believe.
The O T has a God who shows absolutely no reverence fore human life and a tyrannical God who gives us a free will to only follow His rules or burn forever in hell. I see this freedom to chose not as that at all but a threat from a dictator God who will kill us at the drop of a hat. To the extreme of using genocide on us in the days of Noah. Animals and all. Definitely a God of hate. An Anti-Christ. Meanwhile, the N T shows a God of unconditional love who will not even stone a prostitute and tells us that if someone steals our coat, to also offer our shirt. Turn the other cheek and so on.

I think that we are to read the Bible, and the reason it was written as is, is to read it as the two sides of the tree of knowledge and eventually follow Eve, then Adam to be as God’s, knowing good and evil. The only requirement that the Bible shows to be as Gods. No miracle working or other such foolishness involved. Miracles are not real.

The demonstrable fact that it is a consolidation of many previous religions shows that it was intended to be the next best guess of the ancients as to direction of thinking in our seeking God. It is a thinking tool to seek God. It is not a picture of God and God is not to be found within it’s pages. The Bible even tells us that to find God we are to look --- out there.

Unfortunately, literalists and fundamentals, be they Christian or Muslim or whoever venerates the Word, have formed the belief that it is God and now idol worship the map to God instead of walking through it to go find the real God.
You might say that the great deceiver has indeed deceived the whole world and turned the search for the ideal God, an evolving God, into one made of paper. Pure idol worship to my mind.

End time prophesy clearly shows that at the end of days, we will recognize this fact that these Word and Bibles are just a map and we will look to all the false Gods that arise and elect ourselves a new God and bring on the end of woes. It shows a violent transition to this new God but I hope that we are bright enough to get there without the conflict that the ancients though would have to occur before our great election of the new God.
If we are bright enough, we will let the Words and Bibles fight through us with words only and we will not take up the weapons of war that the ancients though would need to happen.

If we want the true God of this earth, it is to us to elect Him.

Our first God was a man and our last shall be as well.

Is the Bible the tree of knowledge? If it is then we do have a chance to find God.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 05:31 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

And just where do you draw the line of when humans are responsible? .

There is no line. Man has dominion on earth and is responsible for all He does.

And why not. have ye forgotten that ye are Gods.-------Jesus' words.

Tie those to this,

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

and you will know that we are created perfect as per scripture and are always in a state of evolving perfection.

The initial perfection of what God created is always here otherwise we would have to give god a failing grade to perfection maintenance. This cannot ever happen.

Do not think like faithless Christians.

Is God and His works perfect.

The way many Christian see God is to see Him screwing up heaven with evil.
Strike one.
They then see God screwing up man's beginning in Eden.
Strike two.
They then see God cleaning house in Noah's day with Genocide and starting over.
Strike three.
They now wait for His return at end time to clean house yet again.
Strike four.

Strike four?

God plays by His own rules I guess.

You and I both know that this view must be false if God‘s works are as perfect as scripture indicates.

To my way of thinking, God gets things right the first time and every time.

This is why He has not and will not return. His perfect systems are here today the same way that they were here in the beginning. He judged Eden as good.

It is just to us to see it. I do. Even with sin and evil and woes, all is perfect and humming along exactly as God wants it to. I call it evolving perfection.

Did your version of God get it right or does He need to return to fix things?

Regards
DL

mark noble

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:06 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest,

Do you agree with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4hkCA3DIM

Kind regards.
Mark...
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:45 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Greatest,

Do you agree with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4hkCA3DIM

Kind regards.
Mark...

Absolutely.

All those things mentioned exist here and now and God's evolving perfection is as it should be. be God alive or not.

If we start looking from the Garden of Eden, we see Eve elevating man to where all the rest can flow. Thank God she are of the tree of knowledge as God wanted.

Do you than Eve for elevating man?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
First, kindly show me where I applauded any genocide? I don't recall it being any part of any conversation. Also, if you were really reading what I posted you would notice some posts back that I said something to the effect I am not comfortable with some of the things God does. But, God is sovereign. There is no getting around that whatsoever.

Second, you say God is responsible for the evil because He doesn't always intervene and He made us imperfect. Then you say humans are responsible for what they do. So, I am at a loss as to what you really do believe.

I may not like all of the things God does but He is sovereign and He has reasons for all He does. I'm not always privy to that, however, but I trust in His wisdom. God is not like us Greatest, don't make the mistake thinking He is so He should act like us.

If Jesus wasn't going to return the Bible would say so. It says He will and I believe God's word over any human being anyday.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:12 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

First, kindly show me where I applauded any genocide? I don't recall it being any part of any conversation. Also, if you were really reading what I posted you would notice some posts back that I said something to the effect I am not comfortable with some of the things God does. But, God is sovereign. There is no getting around that whatsoever.

Second, you say God is responsible for the evil because He doesn't always intervene and He made us imperfect. Then you say humans are responsible for what they do. So, I am at a loss as to what you really do believe.

I may not like all of the things God does but He is sovereign and He has reasons for all He does. I'm not always privy to that, however, but I trust in His wisdom. God is not like us Greatest, don't make the mistake thinking He is so He should act like us.

If Jesus wasn't going to return the Bible would say so. It says He will and I believe God's word over any human being anyday.

Hitler and Stalin gained power from those who thought exactly as you do.

German and Rusians also said I may not like all of the things the do but they are sovereign and they have reasons for all they do.

Heil.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:09 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest, I have no desire to argue with you or go tit for tat. I don't have a clue as to how Stalin thought but I can tell you Hitler definitely didn't believe the way I do. If he did, he wouldn't have done what he did. You have a great day. I am off to ride my horse and forget about this thread for awhile.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Greatest, I have no desire to argue with you or go tit for tat. I don't have a clue as to how Stalin thought but I can tell you Hitler definitely didn't believe the way I do. If he did, he wouldn't have done what he did. You have a great day. I am off to ride my horse and forget about this thread for awhile.

Two things.
I hope you do have a bit of faith.
Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

I also note that you said that God did not make us perfect. I do not agree that God made anything but am surprised that you do not believe one of the basics of Christianity. I believe that we are evolving perfection and in Christian terms, that makes me a better believer than yourself. Strange.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

This says that inded, we are perfect and I agree.
Look again till you agree if you are to believe your Bible.

The K J helped me find the godhead so do not misunderstand when I attack you for not understanding it properly. It does have wisdom and truth but you have to read and understand it's flow and purpose.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:26 pm
@Greatest I am,
I am not going to continue in this conversation with you. You keep saying I said things I did not say. I think we are having a communication problem. Take care and may God bless you.
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 08:39 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I am not going to continue in this conversation with you. You keep saying I said things I did not say. I think we are having a communication problem. Take care and may God bless you.

It is not my fault that you are such a shallow thinker that you do not see the implications or your own words.
Go back to sleep now.

What terrible tragedies realism inflicts on people.

Regards
DL
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:27 am
@Greatest I am,
You consider me a shallow thinker merely because I do not hold to the same beliefs about God as you do? This is my biggest irritation with many of those that have problems with my faith. You practically demand tolerance for what you believe yet will insult me for what I believe. Your insults do not offend me so you are wasting your words with them. But, do you see the contradiction there? I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. I see no reason to insult you for your beliefs. I can certainly disagree with a person without being disagreeable. I pray that you can find some tolerance for those that are different from you Greatest.

The world is full of diferences. We all have to learn how to cope with them. Hopefully, without causing ANY kind of hurt to anyone else. I am strong enough in my faith to not let your words bother me, but what of those that aren't? You might want to consider that.
Greatest I am

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

You consider me a shallow thinker merely because I do not hold to the same beliefs about God as you do? This is my biggest irritation with many of those that have problems with my faith. You practically demand tolerance for what you believe yet will insult me for what I believe. Your insults do not offend me so you are wasting your words with them. But, do you see the contradiction there? I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. I see no reason to insult you for your beliefs. I can certainly disagree with a person without being disagreeable. I pray that you can find some tolerance for those that are different from you Greatest.

The world is full of diferences. We all have to learn how to cope with them. Hopefully, without causing ANY kind of hurt to anyone else. I am strong enough in my faith to not let your words bother me, but what of those that aren't? You might want to consider that.

As a near Deist, I have no problem with you or your God. It is when you teach children that fantasy characters are real, like talking animals, that I get upset. Little African witches are in peril as we speak because of such nonsense, not to mention young Christian children.

You do not start a book that you want believed as truth with a lie.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 11:02 am
@Greatest I am,
Hi Greatest!

Are you condemning the Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in wonderland, Winnie the pooh, watership down, scooby doo, etc?

Kind regards!
Mark...