Turning computer off at night

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 02:06 pm
@Pangloss,
A desktop computer always have wires running everywhere and it is under the desk not on top of it for the most part so having a low voltage power cable running to it back seem hardly a great aesthetic problem.

Less see I now have four USB cables, an AC power cable, a keyboard and mouse cables, speaker cables. All of them behind and or under the desk.

The USB cables hook up to my fax/printer/scanner, two external hard drives and one free to hook up to my camera or my mp3 player.

Phone connections to my fax/printer and on and on we go.

So instead of an AC cable I would had a low voltage cable running to the back of the computer and I can not see the big deal.
Pangloss

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

So instead of an AC cable I would had a low voltage cable running to the back of the computer and I can not see the big deal.

Not a big deal...just nice to have a power supply that can remain INSIDE the case, and that you know won't go up in smoke within a year or two.

Also, if aesthetics were not a big consideration for home computer buyers, then I hardly think that Apple computers would sell as well as they do.
0 Replies