Harvey Keitel question

lovejoy

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 07:43 am
Why was Keitel fired from playing the character Willard in Apocalypse now, the part then given to Martin Sheen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,965 • Replies: 10
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@lovejoy,
Dear Francis,

I want you to know that I am at peace with what happened between us. I know that your movie is going to suck and I also know that in 12 years I'm going to work with this kid named Quentin Tarantino who's going to make a film called "Reservoir Dogs" and I'm gonna get to play a guy named Mr. White and I'm going to act opposite Tim Roth and Tim Roth is going to be yelling stuff like "I'm fuckin' dyin' here! I'm fuckin' dyin'!" And I'm going to be in a car with him while he's bleeding and I'm going to hold his hand and make him say "I'm going to be okay" and I'm going to tell him that it can take DAYS to die from a gun shot wound to the belly. Oh, and I'm also going to get to say the line "If you shoot me in A DREAM, you better wake up and apologize." --I'm going to say that line to Michael Madsen. It's gonna be awesome. The stuff of legend. The kids at USC are gonna eat this **** up.

So, as you can see Francis, I am really busy and it's probably best that I QUIT and WASN'T FIRED (Because I TOTALLY said "I quit" BEFORE you said, "You're fired." You know it and I know it and your wife was right there so she knows it, too.) because I have all kinds of rehearsing to do to for this "Reservoir Dogs" flick.

Anyway, whatever.

Sincerely,
The Kite

The story of the making of "Apocalypse Now" (captured with raw intensity by Coppola's wife, Eleanor, in her documentary "Hearts of Darkness"), far surpasses that of the film in its depiction of a megalomaniac railing against the forces of nature.

http://www.onfilm.co.nz/reviews/Apocalypse%20Again.htm
talk72000

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:41 pm
@panzade,
I looked back at Taxi Driver and didn't realize it was Harvey Keital in the role of the drug dealer.
panzade

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:05 pm
@talk72000,
Yeah. He came bustin out of the screen.
talk72000

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:07 pm
@panzade,
Did he look young and with that long hair - almost like a girl. It reminded me of Roman Polanski's early pictures.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:30 pm
My ex-husband looks a lot like Harvey Keitel
talk72000

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:35 pm
@chai2,
You must be a Harvey Keital fan. Did you see Taxi Driver before meeting you husband or were you a Roman Polanski fan? He is Polish and Jewish.
chai2

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:51 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

You must be a Harvey Keital fan. Did you see Taxi Driver before meeting you husband or were you a Roman Polanski fan? He is Polish and Jewish.

No, I actually have a hard time liking Keital, especially after seeing him in that movie where he walled up a cat in his apartment. Reminded me way to much of my ex.

I didn't marry the man because he looked like Keital or Polanski.

My now husband looks like Lance Henrickson

talk72000

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 07:18 pm
@chai2,
Oh that guy in Alien with is head disconnected. Boy you team up with guys that look like actors.
chai2

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 07:30 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Oh that guy in Alien with is head disconnected. Boy you team up with guys that look like actors.

I've dated look-a-likes of errol flynn, sting, tim dunigan and richard dreyfus too.

I've been around the block (a couple of times)
talk72000

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:52 pm
@chai2,
You are star struck! Laughing
0 Replies