Meth Labs?

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 05:58 am
As your probably finding out by my post, that I live in Rural Arkansas. Its sad to say that the county that I live in is becoming overrun with meth labs. It seems that it has taken over here. Its gotten to where it doesn't surprise me as to who is cooking the stuff.

Heres the deal...... there is a so called "neighbor", that has been busted atleast 3 times for Manufacturing, Intent to deliver, etc...while there is 5 kids in this house and 4 adults, why isn't there something being done about the kids? Why hasn't DHS been involved? This dope is highly dangerous and not to count, I have been told that the fumes from it, soak into your skin.

Secondly...the owner of the house, has never been arrested for the manufacturing. Somehow they keep sliding away. Its her house.....Anotherwords if it was a vehicle they busted them in, the law would confiscate the vehicle. So...why not confiscate the house? And whats kept her from going to jail?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 966 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 06:09 am
Those are all very good questions....they must be very good at hiding the evidence. Either that, or the cops are corrupt and taking kickbacks.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 06:11 am
Don't know the answers to your questions, but as well as the problem with the fumes, there's been a number of stories around here lately about people (including kids in the vicinity) who've been badly injured when the things have blown up. Very dangerous undertaking this.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 07:03 am
It's beyond me. I assume DHS is too busy harrassing innocent people as they so often do. As far as arrests go, the only thing I can think of is that they know someone in the legal system that are pulling some strings.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 12:29 pm
I was watching the news last night about the burgeoning meth lab industry up here. They said if one of these 'houses' goes up it could wipe out a whole city block. Something to consider if this neighbours house is close to you.
If a landlord is renting out a house to undesirables see your local housing commision about getting it condemned and hopefully knocked down. I wouldn't want the fear of her next tenants activities.
Ceili
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 01:50 pm
This house is owned be the "neighbor lady"..at times you can even smell it cooking. My curiosity has gotten to me as to whats all in it.....its crazy what people are smoking or shooting up thier arms.

Rat poison....Windex, Salt, Drano.....with a base of Sudafed. They buy tons of matches to use the tips for the sulfar...I know what this stuff does to ya when cleaning the house, I sure don't want it shot up my arm....or to smoke it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:56 am
Saw a story in the paper here today about this. Just been a new police squad formed to deal with the things, trained in the danger of all the chemicals etc.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 09:28 am
Make, etc.

As stated earlier, sonds like the local cops could be on the take. Maybe you want to bring in the Federal boys.

Hmmm, let me check out the number of the Drug Enforcement Agency.

I know somebody who was involved in speed pills way, way back. I only knew him tangentially. The Feds don't really have that much respect or sense of deferment to the local police.

From his, a low level dealer's, point of view that was bad. His own lawyer said that when it comes to the state boys, you have some "maneuverability", but when the Feds get involved, jail terms get applied with little leeway for the lawyer.
0 Replies