No longer philosophyforum.com

Reyn

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@davidm,
davidm wrote:

It looks like there is no quote function even? At least I can't find it.

Go to My Preferences link at the bottom of each page and set your preferences. There is a quote preference there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:48 am
@cluckk,
cluckk wrote:

Did anyone think of discussing considered changes with users? It would have been nice to have the new site running along side the old site for awhile to try it out and get familiar. Instead it's just one day on philosophyforum and the next something inferior without any warning. And yes, since you say blogs are coming, it is inferior and not just different.

I'm all for change and will give it a chance, but right now am a bit discouraged.

Added:
It looks like there was warning, but I just didn't find it.

You've not found Robert writing about it yet, but a security issue meant the merger had to happen way faster than was, I gather, intended.

I know it's rough for you guys, but we really hope you ride with the changes and stay, because we are really happy to see you.

0 Replies

Leonard

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:25 pm
@platorepublic,
I like the look of this new forum. Though it isn't Philosophy Forum and it doesn't have the 'small community' feeling, it'll be a nice opportunity to befriend other philosophers and get a larger spectrum of beliefs. It'll take some getting used to, no doubt. The only shame is that members who were new on Philosophy Forum never had the chance to experience it before the merger.
0 Replies