The key to happiness

Fido

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:49 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;159587 wrote:
You have some crazy idea that sex and violence goes together. I think it is rather ridiculous. Sex is normal, and natural like eating, and drinking. It doesn `t seem to me that you have problems with sex by itself, but rather, sex without a loving-relationship. I think you have a point. I sure hell want a loving relationship when i ****, but i much prefer the ******* over relationship when given a choice between *******, or meaningful relationship without *******.

I will say it again: Sex without love is violence... It is action, with one person giving and another receiving, invariably there is hurt of some kind, frustration, loneliness, despair, embarrasment; and it is done without love, and what is done without love that is good, healthy, caring, and healing??? When people say ef you; they are not saying grow old and prosper... When they do as they say, their intent is not to do good but to take good, to use, to abuse, to deny, dishonor, and shame... And the act is so close to love...One side or the other may have put themselves way out there out of pain and loneliness only to find themselves more in pain and just as lonely...People are desparate for love, the real thing, and that requires the commitment to a one on one relationship, where one man wills to be the man for one woman and she reciprocates... Sure, people take a chance on you, and they may take a little sympathetic fuk, if you have any sympathy... Trust me; it is no help in the long run...
north

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 10:33 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

You have some crazy idea that sex and violence goes together. I think it is rather ridiculous. Sex is normal, and natural like eating, and drinking. It doesn `t seem to me that you have problems with sex by itself, but rather, sex without a loving-relationship. I think you have a point. I sure hell want a loving relationship when i ****, but i much prefer the ******* over relationship when given a choice between *******, or meaningful relationship without *******.

I will say it again: Sex without love is violence... It is action, with one person giving and another receiving, invariably there is hurt of some kind, frustration, loneliness, despair, embarrasment; and it is done without love, and what is done without love that is good, healthy, caring, and healing??? When people say ef you; they are not saying grow old and prosper... When they do as they say, their intent is not to do good but to take good, to use, to abuse, to deny, dishonor, and shame... And the act is so close to love...One side or the other may have put themselves way out there out of pain and loneliness only to find themselves more in pain and just as lonely...People are desparate for love, the real thing, and that requires the commitment to a one on one relationship, where one man wills to be the man for one woman and she reciprocates... Sure, people take a chance on you, and they may take a little sympathetic fuk, if you have any sympathy... Trust me; it is no help in the long run...

a truth
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:15 pm
@mishmish,
mishmish wrote:

It is true that happiness is different for every person

What makes you happy?
PERSONAL FREEDOM, BEAUTY,
COMFORT and GOOD
all make me happy

David
north

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

mishmish wrote:

It is true that happiness is different for every person

What makes you happy?
PERSONAL FREEDOM, BEAUTY,
COMFORT and GOOD
all make me happy

David

agree

I do enjoy being Good !!!!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:22 pm

Sometimes, creating joy can be fun.

David
north

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Sometimes, creating joy can be fun.

David

absolutely
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 12:05 am
@north,
On a New Year 's Day, in the 1980s,
I was visiting a couple of ladies,
who decided to attend the movies,
a few blocks away, in Manhattan.

We passed a fenced-in construction site, on the way.
An Irish looking lad with red hair emerged
from the wooden fence. He asked for a quarter.
I sent the ladies on ahead to the near-by theater.

I gave him a $5 bill.
He was surprized n exultant.

I said: " There 's something that I want u to DO."
He asked: " What 's that? "

pause. . . " Have a very HAPPY New Year."

He became jubilant and thankful; calling down Divine blessings upon me.

David

Fido

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 05:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I know that guy... I saw him on St Paddys day with his feet up on the curb lieing in the gutter with his eyes X-ed out, just like in the cartoons... He smelled bad, but he looked peaceful... Same guy???
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 05:55 am
@Fido,
Mine was clean.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 06:32 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

This is all ridiculous and simply not true. It may well be true of your experiences of sex (in which case I pity you) but I wonder what qualifications you have to generalise about other people's sexual experiences? Believe me you clearly don't know anything about mine.
Fido

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 03:02 pm
@MonaLeeza,
I know more about you than you; but only you can say how it feels to be you; so do what makes you feel good about yourself even if that requires using another to do violence on you, saying that for the moment it helps you get through this time and into the next... I am not telling you what to do, but if you are making love without feeling love, you are injuring yourself.
MonaLeeza

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 05:51 pm
@Fido,
Your arrogance is so staggering that I only just realised you must be joking ( someone please tell me he's only joking....)
For the record I'm happily married now and was speaking about past experiences - which I've had plenty of time to look back on and consider. If I didn't feel love for someone I didn't call it making love - I called it *******. I even do it with my husband sometimes... it's fun.

Fido wrote:

I know more about you than you; but only you can say how it feels to be you; so do what makes you feel good about yourself even if that requires using another to do violence on you, saying that for the moment it helps you get through this time and into the next... I am not telling you what to do, but if you are making love without feeling love, you are injuring yourself.
0 Replies

KnowNothingBozo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 07:23 pm
I think to be happy is to be free of negative emotions. I think emotions in general act as a kind of barometer of our well being; negative emotions tell us there is something, either internal or external, that we need to work on; positive emotions tell us when we are getting it right. We need them both to point us in the right direction. Just a thought, but since I had it I have dwelled far less on the negatives in life. I do what I can, and try to be more accepting of what I can't. The trick is to know the difference, but I have found I can do more than I ever would have thought.
0 Replies

Jakartaman

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 04:05 pm
Happiness is living in Christ and knowing he is in control - so relax and enjoy.
Anyone who thinks they are in control is a fool and will be unhappy when things don't go their way - which is most of the time!
north

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 07:03 pm
@Jakartaman,
Jakartaman wrote:

Happiness is living in Christ and knowing he is in control - so relax and enjoy.
Anyone who thinks they are in control is a fool and will be unhappy when things don't go their way - which is most of the time!

oblivian is a fools happiness
0 Replies

KnowNothingBozo

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 07:06 pm
@Jakartaman,
(insert Marxist quote here...)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2011 12:48 am
@Jakartaman,
Jesus is no more the son of God then you are, which you are (whatever God is)...we all walk in Truth...where else should we "walk" ?...
0 Replies

eve55

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 03:23 am
@mishmish,
Friends in need, A happy family, or just sunny days.
0 Replies