The key to happiness

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 04:23 am
It is true that happiness is different for every person, the following tips have been very beneficial for me.

[INDENT][imglink]http://j.imagehost.org/0611/happy.png[/imglink]
[/INDENT]

What makes you happy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,533 • Replies: 37
No top replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:00 am
@mishmish,
Imo there's many degrees of happiness, it may start with a neglected concept, "content", then there's "happy" and "exstatic".

We may feel happy/exstatic, if we will 10,000 $, but that will quickly fade if a close relative dies.
We may feel content and happy if all our desires are forfilled, but may start off being exstatic.

It depends on which desires one have, and how strong the desires are.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:05 am
@mishmish,
mishmish;158807 wrote:
It is true that happiness is different for every person, the following tips have been very beneficial for me.
[/INDENT]What makes you happy?

Doing justice...
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:18 am
@mishmish,
mishmish;158807 wrote:

[/INDENT]

What makes you happy?

Here is my rule:

Doing math, and physics problems.

reading philosophy.

Making friends( yes, i have those!)

Having a lot of sex with the most beautiful women( i am a PUA).
Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:28 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;158865 wrote:
Here is my rule:

Doing math, and physics problems.

reading philosophy.

Making friends( yes, i have those!)

Having a lot of sex with the most beautiful women( i am a PUA).

Would that list of the beautiful include any woman with YES in her vocabulary???
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:34 am
@Fido,
Fido;158875 wrote:
Would that list of the beautiful include any woman with YES in her vocabulary???

Why is that surprising? Surely, if a girl likes a guy, she would certainly say "yes".

Is that not the case for you? Perhaps, it is all too common that women say "no" to you a lot. :whistling:
haribol acharya

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:45 am
@mishmish,
Happiness is a emotional state and it is a momentary phase and we cannot keep it for long. Happiness is a state of mind. For instance when we are hungry and once we satiate our hunger we will be happy and it will be over after a while.

Sex is for example a source of happiness and this is also momentary. Happiness goes with sadness. Both are complimentary.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:48 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;158879 wrote:
Why is that surprising? Surely, if a girl likes a guy, she would certainly say "yes".

Is that not the case for you? Perhaps, it is all too common that women say "no" to you a lot. :whistling:

I never asked that I did not beg... But mostly I never said no, so I naturally woke up with a lot of nightmares, and my first question was: where is the door...And I hope women have the good sense to say no if I should ask... I would hate to find myself in bed with any women so challenged....

---------- Post added 05-01-2010 at 07:55 AM ----------

haribol acharya;158887 wrote:
Happiness is a emotional state and it is a momentary phase and we cannot keep it for long. Happiness is a state of mind. For instance when we are hungry and once we satiate our hunger we will be happy and it will be over after a while.

Sex is for example a source of happiness and this is also momentary. Happiness goes with sadness. Both are complimentary.

To be correct; happiness is an infinite moral form, and while we can point to some of the physical conditions that make hapiness possible, or the moral presumtions that make happiness desireble; that is as close as we can come to a definition...The more you ask, the more you find that happiness is unique to each...
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:00 am
@Fido,
fido wrote:
I never asked that I did not beg... But mostly I never said no, so I naturally woke up with a lot of nightmares, and my first question was: where is the door...And I hope women have the good sense to say no if I should ask... I would hate to find myself in bed with any women so challenged...

Women in general love sex. Guys in general love ******* beautiful women. It is only natural that both should ****. You don` t think so?
Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:01 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;158894 wrote:
Women in general love sex. Guys in general love ******* beautiful women. It is only natural that both should ****. You don` t think so?

Natural??? Perhaps; but I know now that every sexual act that is not of love is a form of violence, whether it is directed at self or others or both, that without love, intimacy causes injury...

It is all well and good to give some one affection, a hug and a kiss and more to get them through some hard spell or loneliness... It helps to scab over some raw spot, and yet, leaving rips that scab right off and makes the pain as sharp as ever... And it may be easier for a man; and I must confess I found it pretty easy because until I had went to bed with a woman she was not real, and only an object... But having grown some I see myself as no different than they, as lonely and as much in pain; and I was not only ripping some healing off their souls, but my own as well...

And I hurt for every time I made contact, intimate contact without keeping it... A lot of people I went to bed with, I should not have... That pleasure I took without regard has turned into its own sort of pain..

I think it remarkable that you can speak of women in general when It has been the singular accomplishment of my life to know one woman in particular...It is a mistake I feel, to class women as women with any expectation that knowledge is there by gained...

If you know one woman you know that woman, and if you know two women you know those two and etc... What can be said of all women is so general, and so true of men as to be meaningless... Do not insult all women by thinking you can understand them... Respect the one you are with as unique, and consider the whole group as both beyond comprehension and as inessential to your well being... You only need one; and the right one...
platorepublic

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:10 am
@mishmish,
I've mastered the key to happiness. Moving on Smile
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:22 am
@Fido,
Fido;158926 wrote:
Natural??? Perhaps; but I know now that every sexual act that is not of love is a form of violence, whether it is directed at self or others or both, that without love, intimacy causes injury...

Not true. Some women just want to ****. They don ` t need to love a guy to get some release. She might just be into his dick. It is quite common, and i love women for that.
Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:49 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;158939 wrote:
Not true. Some women just want to ****. They don ` t need to love a guy to get some release. She might just be into his dick. It is quite common, and i love women for that.

Clearly you have your mind in your britches; but I will maintain that no one can escape a sexual encounter without injury unless they are in love...Some people are so insensitive that they do not realize they are injured or injuring, and some times when they feel the pain they do not put the pain together with the act, but the damage is done, and the trauma is there... Let us say for now that this is a difference of opinion, since I can hardly prove what I say, except that the words you use suggest as much... Fu ck is used alternately for violence or sex...It is not by accident that this is so, or by design, but from the fact that so many people confuse the two...What is it for the sake of definition if women should do to men what med do to women??? Are they not acting on another, and without love???If love is not their intent, as good, for with love we intend good results; then what is their intent but injury, to take, to break and then to deny the life and affection of a genuine relationship...It hurts people even when they do not know they are being hurt; but is that not true of poison???
Jebediah

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:11 am
@Fido,
There are two selves, the experiencing self and the remembering self. The experiencing self enjoys what is happening at the moment, and the remembering self is what is generally measured as "happiness", like when they survey people and ask them to rate how happy with their life they are. Some things make the experiencing self happy, but have minimal effect on the remembering self. Others make the experiencing self unhappy, but have a very positive effect on the remembering self. The key to happiness is in figuring out this dilemma.

I think that philosophy has the most to say about the remembering self. This self is very dependent on your expectations for life, your beliefs about what the good life is, and your own narrative of your life. As an example, whether you believe in the afterlife or not can have a huge effect on how happy you are with your life. Since presumably some beliefs about life lead to a happier life than others, philosophy is very important. As is a knowledge of psychology.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:39 am
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;159004 wrote:
There are two selves, the experiencing self and the remembering self. The experiencing self enjoys what is happening at the moment, and the remembering self is what is generally measured as "happiness", like when they survey people and ask them to rate how happy with their life they are. Some things make the experiencing self happy, but have minimal effect on the remembering self. Others make the experiencing self unhappy, but have a very positive effect on the remembering self. The key to happiness is in figuring out this dilemma.

I think that philosophy has the most to say about the remembering self. This self is very dependent on your expectations for life, your beliefs about what the good life is, and your own narrative of your life. As an example, whether you believe in the afterlife or not can have a huge effect on how happy you are with your life. Since presumably some beliefs about life lead to a happier life than others, philosophy is very important. As is a knowledge of psychology.
Uhmmm. No? Go read up on psycology and subconcious, basic instincts, CNS, 12 intelligences ..etc. Imo you lack such knowledge and only have a poetic knowledge that isn't siencetific.
0 Replies

mishmish

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:04 pm
@mishmish,
What if you lost your penis, would you still be able to be happy?
mister kitten

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:54 pm
@mishmish,
People.
Myself, first.
Others, second.
People often make me happy.

Routines.
Not simplifying.
Destroying them.
Routines are ropes, and I don't like to be tied down.

Nature.
Ah, the trees.
Leaves and shade.
Closest I can get to a birds-eye view.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:47 pm
@mishmish,
mishmish;159131 wrote:
Buddhist monks has been able to divert themselfs from sexual thought, thus not having an ******** causing impotence, I belive they'r still happy.

Some sects in India cuts off their penis and are happy by that.

Transsexual who make a gender change from man to woman are happy by getting rid of their penis.

Some hermaphrodits wants to get rid of their penis, but are afraid of losing feeling, thus not getting any sexual stimulation.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:17 pm
@mishmish,
mishmish;159131 wrote:

Maybe if I could still keep it and didn't have to watch some one feed it to the dog...

I'll miss you old Penis... You never let me down... Sans everything...
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 10:52 am
@Fido,
Fido;158976 wrote:
Clearly you have your mind in your britches; but I will maintain that no one can escape a sexual encounter without injury unless they are in love...Some people are so insensitive that they do not realize they are injured or injuring, and some times when they feel the pain they do not put the pain together with the act, but the damage is done, and the trauma is there... Let us say for now that this is a difference of opinion, since I can hardly prove what I say, except that the words you use suggest as much... Fu ck is used alternately for violence or sex...It is not by accident that this is so, or by design, but from the fact that so many people confuse the two...What is it for the sake of definition if women should do to men what med do to women??? Are they not acting on another, and without love???If love is not their intent, as good, for with love we intend good results; then what is their intent but injury, to take, to break and then to deny the life and affection of a genuine relationship...It hurts people even when they do not know they are being hurt; but is that not true of poison???

You have some crazy idea that sex and violence goes together. I think it is rather ridiculous. Sex is normal, and natural like eating, and drinking. It doesn `t seem to me that you have problems with sex by itself, but rather, sex without a loving-relationship. I think you have a point. I sure hell want a loving relationship when i ****, but i much prefer the ******* over relationship when given a choice between *******, or meaningful relationship without *******.