Buggy cursor

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 04:42 pm
I have a new and very obnoxious problem. My cursor keeps turning into insects - a bee, a tarantula, etc. It also turns into a large vertical insertion point which is also great nuisance, as it doesn't fit comfortably between letters.

I have tried Settings>Control Panel>Mouse>Default but these things keep happening.

And I am particularly and especially unfond of insects.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 709 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 04:58 pm
I seem to recall some of these as options under "desktop themes" or something called "environments" on some windows releases. I can't begin to explain the seemingly spontaneous occurances though.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:05 pm
Buggy cursor
I may have solved the problem - partially. However, the Recycle Bin and My Network Places icons remain as a sort of jellyfish(?) and a tarantula, respectively. Now I need to know how to get rid of those icons in favor of the original ones.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:17 pm
Buggy cursor
Well, I think it's all okay now, but I'll never know exactly why these creaturees crept in. I was fooling around trying to solve another desktop problem, and must have pushed the wrong btton somewhere. Embarrassed
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:19 pm
You have a windows theme going there....look in your computer, settings, display and check your settings
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:20 pm
control panel, display..know what I mean?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:23 pm
I think they're called "schemes". Look for a list of them where quinn sez.

I had an underwater one for a while. It was cute at first, but wore off quickly... now things are pretty plain and that's OK by me.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:25 pm
Themes....yeah, they are generally something of interest for a while but, you've really got to play with them to have them not get on your nerves...and then you do tire of them quickly.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:17 pm
Buggy cursor
I think I know what happened. I like the lioness standing on rock in the "Dangerous Creatures". I must have clicked on the Dangerous Creatures Theme tab, rather than the Desktop tab. So I got pufferfish, bees, tarantulas, and other poisonous creatures for icons and cursors. So I cancelled the theme and just went with the desktop picture.

But I still don't like the dark background surrounding the icon text.

Anyway, I think we can call this solved. Very Happy

If only all computer problems could just be solved so quickly. . . Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:22 pm
tomkitten..you can probably change that as well...same place..-control panel, settings, display...and appearance..you should have an item selector and a color selector
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:32 pm
Buggy icons
No, there doesn't seem to be any relevant setting. Color, yes, but nothing that removes the box around the text.

Wy has suggested, in another thread (Text Under Icons) a little freeware called Transparent. I think I'll try that.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:39 pm
It probably has to do with the theme/scheme you're using for your desktop....heck..try the transparent..you're having fun now Smile
0 Replies