The Universe and questions regarding it.

HexHammer

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:12 pm
@Diogenes phil,
1) Most siencetist imo are not the brightest around, only having puerile logic, but excelt in only a few fields.

2) just because some wise ass with a PhD and 20 years of experience, says so, he can still be utterly wrong.

3) don't belive the hype, it will only lead to a "lemming effect"

4) just because it's labled "sience" it's still subject for assumptions, spekulation and naivity ..and MUCH stupidity.

Nowhere in the process of becoming a siencetist you are exalted beyond mortallity and become infallible.

Diogenes;140401 wrote:

If the universe is constantly expanding at the speed of light, then wouldn't that mean everything within the universe is also expanding too, disregarding noticeably or not?
- if it all started with a big bang, the universe didn't just suddenly get infinitivly large, it's nonsens and stupidty on a large scale.
I belive the universe being like a huge smoke plume, explaining why galaxies can collide, which wouldn't really happen in an evenly shaped bubble universe.

Diogenes;140401 wrote:
If the universe is infinitely large, then why is it expanding if it is already infinite?
Because it isn't.

Diogenes;140401 wrote:
Which brings me to my next question: can infinity and infinite energy/mass/matter etc. exist in this world? To have a value we need a comparison of at least two quantities or qualities. These comparisons serve as standards. Can infinity really exist if there will always be something greater than infinity, or if infinity is existence in a sense, will infinity always be infinite?
No, just that people ain't smart enough to calculate really large masses. You will hear many ..not-so-bright-astronomers claim that gravity is infinitivly in a black hole!
..I just ask myself, when does this infinitivly gravity appear from a hyper giant becoming a black hole?

Diogenes;140401 wrote:
Also, if matter cannot be created or destroyed, and if the BBT were to serve as a validated explanation for this principle, how can our universe "force" itself into nothingness with its rate of expansion? Think of our universe as an egg. Think of a basket with a hole in it as the nothingness of space. If eggs are constantly dropped and never filling the basket, will the universe infinitely exist?
- maybe it was just 2 super massive units which collided trillins years ago, BBT sounds very weird.

- Where should the egg drop to? They would only drop if some force attracts / pull them.

Diogenes;140401 wrote:
Something that is destroyed is created, something that is created is destroyed, right? If I break a stick in half, and I keep on breaking it until there is nothing left of that stick, would that mean that stick has been destroyed? Or, on a smaller scale, do the atoms that gave that stick its composition still continue to exist, albeit just floating around somewhere in the ethos?
Sounds like the Thermo Dynamic Law.

Diogenes;140401 wrote:
Also, my last question, which should be the most interesting of all. Are ideas infinite, or at least until humans die? Also, were all ideas that once "existed" always conceived into existence, or do ideas contain existence if we give it existence? It's pretty obvious that ideas are only ideas if they do not exist in a purely physical state of speaking. Soooo...If I think of purple humans that measure 30 feet tall, how can I be for sure that this idea has not been harbored into existence by someone else's mind? Existence and realism puzzles me, I don't get it.
?
- if you write your ideas in sand, they'll most likely disappear.
- if you put it to the masses, in stone, internet ..or whatever there's a good chance it will last forever.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 05:31 am
@Diogenes phil,
Diogenes;140401 wrote:
I have had several questions that I always asked myself from the first time I opened a physics/philosophy textbook when I was 12. Can somebody please help me in clarifying my confusion?

If the universe is constantly expanding at the speed of light, then wouldn't that mean everything within the universe is also expanding too, disregarding noticeably or not?

If the universe is infinitely large, then why is it expanding if it is already infinite?

Which brings me to my next question: can infinity and infinite energy/mass/matter etc. exist in this world? To have a value we need a comparison of at least two quantities or qualities. These comparisons serve as standards. Can infinity really exist if there will always be something greater than infinity, or if infinity is existence in a sense, will infinity always be infinite?

Also, if matter cannot be created or destroyed, and if the BBT were to serve as a validated explanation for this principle, how can our universe "force" itself into nothingness with its rate of expansion? Think of our universe as an egg. Think of a basket with a hole in it as the nothingness of space. If eggs are constantly dropped and never filling the basket, will the universe infinitely exist?

Something that is destroyed is created, something that is created is destroyed, right? If I break a stick in half, and I keep on breaking it until there is nothing left of that stick, would that mean that stick has been destroyed? Or, on a smaller scale, do the atoms that gave that stick its composition still continue to exist, albeit just floating around somewhere in the ethos?

Also, my last question, which should be the most interesting of all. Are ideas infinite, or at least until humans die? Also, were all ideas that once "existed" always conceived into existence, or do ideas contain existence if we give it existence? It's pretty obvious that ideas are only ideas if they do not exist in a purely physical state of speaking. Soooo...If I think of purple humans that measure 30 feet tall, how can I be for sure that this idea has not been harbored into existence by someone else's mind? Existence and realism puzzles me, I don't get it.

[CENTER]I orienntated mor to Earth & Practice. Many of your questions will be answered with lots of Mathematics. One of it anyway.
Try Fysics department

You worry me though; how can I get out of this Universe ? So I have to be more Quick than lightT. Oh, YES. The Ideal World will Survive EARTH, just as bits & bythes. No devell-op-ment >

Kindly, Pepijn Sweep's Through:lol:
[/CENTER]
0 Replies