Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,282 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Lonely Heart

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:10 pm
wow... i'm speechless
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 01:26 am
Thankyou greatly for your input Lonely Heart. I don't think many people would even bother reading all of my writing, it is the people that truly give a damn that do. I plan to write a lot more on this forum - about everything from life and relationships to my very favorite topic, humankind, so I would highly appreciate any input you may have. Thank you.
0 Replies

Lonely Heart

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:45 pm
please do justin, i wouldn't think i'd read all of that but while reading i didn't even realize how long it was, but it was worth it. I'll be looking forward to reading more of your stuff so please write soon...lol
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:50 am
I clearly understand Justin,
but do not keep myself apart.

To separate from this unloving, judging society- is really necessary,
but to deprive them of my talent is selfish. SO- I muddle along day to day, channeling love and good will-- chiefly among many who do not even know I am there.

You write very well- and I am deeply touched by your hurt. I share it.
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 04:21 pm
Wow, I am elated that my writing has touched you in the way I have intended Theollady. I knew people like myself were there, I just didn't know where. Thank you greatly for your input but if you do not mind my asking, what is the talent you speak of? - I too am in the same situation. I am so delighted someone can understand my views and has used them in their lives as I have.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 06:21 pm
Nothing I can brag about Justin.
But a frequent ability to send LOVE or advice, or other needed qualities to someone who has finally discovered how shallow this world of people are.
That is the best way I can describe it.

And yes, you have a gift for stating the TRUTH, without wasting words.
0 Replies

Crazy

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 06:59 pm
Justin, what I just read hit so close to home.I thought for years these same thoughts,but dismissing them as "it's just me".Soon I was losing
friends & family for speaking my mind,which to me made sense,not to them.Soon the negative comments consumed me and I believed my place should be to sit down shut up and do what I was told,to agree to save my face, my friends.Funny thing though when you lose everything and I mean everything(i.e. money ,friends,family)all that is left is your will ,your thoughts,and you .Your thoughts are not negative unless they are put into that light.Your life and out look are not negitive either ,unless they are put into that light.We are out here Justin,alot of us ,most choose to say and do nothing,and feel guilty for it don't.Take care of what you love ,wife ,children ,friends,whatever it is
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 07:16 pm
Amen Justin.
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 09:17 pm
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 09:35 pm
After clicking on that link, I find my sympathy dissipating!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:47 am
Justin
I just read your other thread and I think you lost everyone there because they never truly have been victims of society. I know exactly what you're saying because I have been a victim my entire life in one way or another and the effect it had on my life was terrible. Over the years I have learned how to avoid being that victim and learned to stand my ground which has made me a stonger and better person. I was overweight when I was growing up all through my school years and I was tortured in school because of it and never had many friends. The few friends I had in school are still my friends today. One of those friends who was my very best friend for 26 years died of cancer last year and no one thought enough to pick up a phone to call me to tell me she died. Anyway, my best friend use to stand up for me in school when I was too afraid and she would even end up in fist fights because she was defending me. I quit school when I was 15 because I couldn't take the abuse anymore. By the time I quit school I had already lost a lot of my weight, so by the time I was 16 I was quite the little fox. All of a sudden I was being treated like a human being. One part of me loved how I was being treated, but another part of me resented the fact that it was only because I was thin and pretty. I loved the attention I was getting from guys and was dating up a storm. God forbid if I gained a mere few pounds when I was dating someone because he would be sure to mention that, which of course brought back ugly memories and made me resentful again. When I was 21 my father died which was sudden and devistating for me. I was closer to no other person on this planet as I was to my father and to this day (17 years later) I still have a huge hole in my heart. Well, my father had a successful construction business when he died that my brother and I decided to run ourselves. We had 5 guys working for us at the time and while my brother worked on the job, I was in charge of the paperwork, payroll, lining up jobs, collecting from the builders, etc... We had 3 jobs going at once with a forman in charge at each location, so I never went to the jobs to check up on things. After time went by I noticed that the business account was going down instead of up and on top of everything else I had to do, I had to go snooping around the jobs and spy on my employees. Come to find out, 2 of my highest paid employees where doing absolutely nothing and charging me 55 hours each a week and one of them was supposedly my fathers best forman. By the time I figured out that they were robbing us blind I was forced to shut the business down because they drained our business account. If I hadn't have just lost my father I would have figured out what these losers were doing right from the start, but they took advantage of me at the time knowing I was mourning. I was beside myself to say the least and now I had to start all over again. I knew I wanted my own business again and eventually I bought my own taxi. I did well with my business, but it was only because I learned how to play the game. I had to kiss up to dispatchers I didn't even like because even though the taxi was mine I had to use a taxi company to get my jobs. Then I had to deal with other taxi owners who had scanners in their cabs which made it easy for them to steal other peoples jobs. Then it was hard ffor me to find drivers to drive my cab and keep the wheels rolling when I wasn't working and finding drivers you could trust wasn't an easy task. At one time I hired one of my best friends of many years thinking I could trust here, but dispatchers were calling me at home telling me she kept vanishing and if it continued they wouldn't give her anymore work, which would hurt me. I ended up calling her on her cell phone to tell her what the dispatchers were telling me and she got upset with me, so I had to fire one of my best friends. I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point in why I understand where you're coming from. I was bitter for a very long time, but I have finally found peace in my life, although I still do have lots of trust issues. I do walk softly these days, but I do carry a big stick.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:13 am
I also wanted to add that I was born and raised in the US and was forced to leave the country by the Dept of Social Services who threatened to take my son away because I refused to drug him with Ritalin. That was the ultimate slap in the face.
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:46 pm
wow, truly incredible! thank you for that Montana, it opens a whole new perspective =) I am going on holiday for the next week so I will not reply much, but keep adding posts please. Thanks - Justin
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:50 pm
You're welcome Justin. Thank you for giving me a place to vent. I have said most of it before on this forum, but I still need to get it off my chest every now and again.

Have a wonderful Holiday :-D
0 Replies

Crazy

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:27 pm
Justin its important FOR ALL TO UNDERSTAND that it is not a negative view of people or circumstance that motivates your writing ,it is an understanding or better put a sensitivity to what is happening in the world and around us personally.To the people in the other thread let me ask you ,do you know who lives next door to you ?Do you stop and try and start a conversation with somebody on the bus or subway?Justin you know where you are right now ,stay on the path,trust your instincts.
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 10:22 pm
0 Replies

Crazy

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
surprising isn't it,to just look around sometimes and see how and why other people find peace.Everybody is different though,all have to respect not how or why they found it just for the simple fact they had the courage to find it.Case and point with Craig.Unfortunatly not all are like him.Sometimes it is more the journey than the goal itself.By the way I am not nor you "social outcasts".I chose the path I travel,we just see things alittle different from the rest.
0 Replies

Justin Schaller

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:07 am
Crazy wrote:
surprising isn't it,to just look around sometimes and see how and why other people find peace.Everybody is different though,all have to respect not how or why they found it just for the simple fact they had the courage to find it.Case and point with Craig.Unfortunatly not all are like him.Sometimes it is more the journey than the goal itself.By the way I am not nor you "social outcasts".I chose the path I travel,we just see things alittle different from the rest.
once again, well said Crazy!
0 Replies