Everything is a symbol

JPhil

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 01:40 pm
@north,
I don't know really, that's why I'm asking Smile. But let's say hypothetically, that all our actions are representing this thing called height. So everything is meant to represent "height." So just as religions want to represent the "good" we all are representing "height." So then I guess the point of this representation is for meaning. Since we are representing something this is why all things act and do what they do (just as with religion). S then if all things represent this "height" or higher thing, then this thing is the reason why we act, or live, to go even further.
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 01:42 pm
@JLNobody,
I somewhat agree. But why must there be no end or beginning.
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 01:47 pm
@fresco,
I'm sorry, but do you mean we are creating relationships between us and other objects.
fresco

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 01:58 pm
@JPhil,
No. "We" and "things" evoke each other. (Forget "create" !)
JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 12:07 pm
@fresco,
And this underscores the fundamental principle of Buddhism, that all things are united in their interdependency. The World is a continuously changing pattern of relationships between mutually evoking, co-arising processes, not things. Nothing exists in an absolute vacuum. All implies (in varying and changing degrees) all else.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 04:36 pm
@JLNobody,
And all is an expression of impermanence.
0 Replies