does anyone believe in Humanity , above any god ?

north

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:24 pm
@salima,
agreed

a consequence of the sixties thinking , and the then children of the sixties

which I disagree with by the way

but the question remains

who believes in their Humanity or being above any god ?[/I]

salima;145362 wrote:
isnt it possible to believe in both? to give equal importance to both?

NO

no compromise

Quote:
or can we not see both as one and the same? or perhaps we can see each one as a reflection of the other?

NO
Krumple

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:57 pm
@north,
north;145366 wrote:
who believes in their Humanity or being above any god ?

I generally don't like to talk about it in this way because theists love to use this against you. They make self worship or self importance a sin so they can easily write off your argument to one a person taken over by what they consider evil. So you don't gain anything from their perspective when you say it like that.

Theists will never like to admit that theology is motivational in aspects of discrimination. They try to dismiss it and make the claim that it is only people who do it, not the theology. However without the people there is no theology. So theology is a part of the people who believe it so it is the motivation behind discrimination. It is that same discrimination that caused the death of millions of people in the past.

So I say, I put everyone else's life before any god. Rather than my own because then they can't say that I am self worshiping.

When are we going to shed this imaginary friend?
north

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:18 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;145372 wrote:
north;145366 wrote:
who believes in their Humanity or being above any god ?[/I]

Quote:
I generally don't like to talk about it in this way because theists love to use this against you. They make self worship or self importance a sin so they can easily write off your argument to one a person taken over by what they consider evil. So you don't gain anything from their perspective when you say it like that.

interesting

Quote:
Theists will never like to admit that theology is motivational in aspects of discrimination. They try to dismiss it and make the claim that it is only people who do it, not the theology. However without the people there is no theology. So theology is a part of the people who believe it so it is the motivation behind discrimination. It is that same discrimination that caused the death of millions of people in the past.

agreed

Quote:
So I say, I put everyone else's life before any god. Rather than my own because then they can't say that I am self worshiping.

point taken

Quote:
When are we going to shed this imaginary friend?

when we believe in ourselves , Humanity
0 Replies

StochasticBeauty

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:01 pm
@north,
One thing that is puzzling to me is how many people against public policy are those in most need of it.

This can be seen in certain portions of north america that are more conservative yet *not* well off to match.

With regards to humanity that is my observation.

I just don't see any productivity in a reluctance to change with the times. I do understand and appreciate fundementals but they can create tight fitting clothing - too tight.
0 Replies