More Words I'd Like to Tell You.

Dosed

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:13 pm
"from a word document I wrote up and saved while drunk last night."

Sitting here chatting with some Irish guy in a cool hat. He looks happy. He's showing me his tattoos. Jamming out to some of his music. Joy Division, he tells me. After a few moments of silence he gets bored with me and moves on. As I look at the people around, I wonder what they're doing here. Most of them are just looking for fun. Which is understandable. My mind is somewhere else today. I am not where I want to be.

I want to be independent from my emotions.

They **** me up. Most of the time I deny them. But damn if they don't creep their way in. Just to mess me up.

Now here I am. ******* eyes watering up. And why?

I was stupid.

"We're idiots," you told me. "This is going to hurt," is how I responded.

We were both right.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kennethamy

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:23 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed.;164985 wrote:
"from a word document I wrote up and saved while drunk last night."

Sitting here chatting with some Irish guy in a cool hat. He looks happy. He's showing me his tattoos. Jamming out to some of his music. Joy Division, he tells me. After a few moments of silence he gets bored with me and moves on. As I look at the people around, I wonder what they're doing here. Most of them are just looking for fun. Which is understandable. My mind is somewhere else today. I am not where I want to be.

I want to be independent from my emotions.

They **** me up. Most of the time I deny them. But damn if they don't creep their way in. Just to mess me up.

Now here I am. ******* eyes watering up. And why?

I was stupid.

"We're idiots," you told me. "This is going to hurt," is how I responded.

We were both right.

And just why did you want to post this?
0 Replies

Dosed

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:27 pm
@Dosed,
It felt nice to share it.

Not worthy of a post? Shall I delete it then?
kennethamy

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 12:37 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed.;164989 wrote:

No, it is not (IMO) worthy of a post. Whether you delete it is really up to you. I don't see why you would want to leave it up there, however.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:39 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed.;164989 wrote:

Woman stop acting like a woman, just let you be youself, that's why we have this philosophy forum, well just as long as you don't break the code of conduct ...etc, no harm ..no foul.

Imo an overly polite attitude is the root of all evil, a respectful attitude is good, but creeping and crawling for others only resticts you too much, that said from experience of a work life where I have wresled an entire staff of chiefs, a CEO and lawyers ...and stil kept my head.
0 Replies

Wozz

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 12:31 am
@Dosed,
Don't delete it. This forum section is for creativity and while some may not find anything creative about your piece I did.
sometime sun

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:37 pm
@Wozz,
I have just read this and although I may find it's design uneasy to grasp, such is the way of drunkun poetry (exception Dylan Thomas) but will say as long as you found some beauty in it, some soul reaction don't doubt what you post.
I hope when you asked if you should remove it you were being sarcastic?
I am not a great fan of sarcasm but I hope you were being so.
The first step in making anything or one not doubt you is to not doubt your self.
Be stronger and keep going.
0 Replies