cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:27 pm
@MMP2506,
My personhood is all the emotional response I have to "my" environment, my personal thoughts, my family, my friends, and the persona I expose to everybody. How they might perceive me is probably very varied and not even close to what I think who I am.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 07:55 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I must confess that despite my many (35 years) years of dailey meditation my Self remains the great mystery of my life.
Think of the mystery it will be to you when you die, and you have no self to seek yourself with...

Though many do so without choice, go starve and thirst and freeze... In the loneliness of your individual pain which is no less than madness -you may reach some understanding of life.... I say this because so many never reach beyond the fulfilment of their most basic needs to where they cannot avoid the thought of them again immediately... And others, having no concern for their needs, chase their selves around for spiritual fulfilment certain of all their material needs only because so many of them have been snatched out of the mouths of want while those same mouths howl out of injustice and eat not...

I do not want to pretend you are guilty while I am not... I have just missed enough meals to know my spiritual self resides not far from my physical, and to not rate my spiritual fulfilment too far above the material well being of my neighbors... I figure, if we all have enough, what ever that enough is, then happiness must lie for each of us some where between the two, the spiritual and physical, and not in defiance of either...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 10:09 am
@Fido,
...I empathise ! Wink
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 03:54 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

JLNobody wrote:

I must confess that despite my many (35 years) years of dailey meditation my Self remains the great mystery of my life.
Think of the mystery it will be to you when you die, and you have no self to seek yourself with...

Though many do so without choice, go starve and thirst and freeze... In the loneliness of your individual pain which is no less than madness -you may reach some understanding of life.... I say this because so many never reach beyond the fulfilment of their most basic needs to where they cannot avoid the thought of them again immediately... And others, having no concern for their needs, chase their selves around for spiritual fulfilment certain of all their material needs only because so many of them have been snatched out of the mouths of want while those same mouths howl out of injustice and eat not...

I do not want to pretend you are guilty while I am not... I have just missed enough meals to know my spiritual self resides not far from my physical, and to not rate my spiritual fulfilment too far above the material well being of my neighbors... I figure, if we all have enough, what ever that enough is, then happiness must lie for each of us some where between the two, the spiritual and physical, and not in defiance of either...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 04:00 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

JLNobody wrote:

I do not approach my spiritual goals in anything like an ascetic strategy. If eating and sleeping were good enough for the Buddha, they're good enough for me. After I die I will continue in a condition similar to that which preceded my birth. And, by the way, which I enjoy now...as well as do you.
0 Replies