Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 731 • Replies: 9
No top replies

William

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 01:30 pm
@Twirlip,
Twirlip;133582 wrote:
I know one thing, but know it well:
Heaven must build its walls in Hell.

That's a fascinating notion and one that has merit. Is it your invention or did you hear it from another. It could be all too true. Smile

William
Twirlip

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 02:09 pm
@William,
Either it's my invention, or else it's reality! I don't know which is the worse possibility.
0 Replies

William

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
@Twirlip,
Let's look at it this way...............In the beginning we had no idea of what perfection (heaven) was. If we were perfect we sure had nothing to compare it to know the difference. So began the trial and error of our being to find out for ourselves. Being perfect we would not be afraid to venture. In that we didn't know what fear was. Now unlike what the bible says in that we were just two; I personally don't believe that. There were others and that is when we became afraid. They were different and hell is what we find ourselves in until we do finally get along with each other. It's not that the walls will come down, it's that the fires will go out. How's that?

William
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 06:26 pm
@Twirlip,
Really??? You guys are trying to have a serious conversation about heaven and hell without the evidence to support the names????...
William

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 08:23 pm
@Fido,
Fido;133670 wrote:
Really??? You guys are trying to have a serious conversation about heaven and hell without the evidence to support the names????...

What kind of evidence are you looking for? There's quite a bit of information out there on each. Granted opinions vary; what is yours?

William
prothero

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 08:38 pm
@Twirlip,
I sort of think they are both imaginary mental constructs. Useful in manipulating those who fear one and hope for the other but an impediment to truth.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 09:16 pm
@William,
William;133725 wrote:
What kind of evidence are you looking for? There's quite a bit of information out there on each. Granted opinions vary; what is yours?

William

When did opinions become information???
0 Replies

William

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 02:29 am
@Twirlip,
Excuse me Fido, you didn't answer my question. YOU said there was no evidence and that is your opinion. I find reason why the words exist and that is all the evidence I need. So I ask you again what evidence is it that will satisfy you that the two domains exist. Heaven could be as simple as a smile and hell is what takes that smile away. War is hell and happiness is heaven; we experience them every day in different degrees. That's evident to me. Why it is not evident to you..................? Only you know that and I am confident you have your reasons.

William
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 02:38 am
@Twirlip,
Twirlip;133582 wrote:
I know one thing, but know it well:
Heaven must build its walls in Hell.

This sir is 100 percent pure genius......& an essential thing to standunder/understand.

Gaping at stars we trip on rats.

---------- Post added 03-01-2010 at 03:40 AM ----------

William;133964 wrote:
t. Heaven could be as simple as a smile and hell is what takes that smile away.

Well said, William. I concur. Symbolic interpretation of H & H. Heaven is Christ, or God in man, or man in God. Hell is the separation of time from eternity.......(not the cross which is a plus sign, representing the synthesis of heaven and hell, but just the minus sign, or negation, or the temporal as meaningless woe.....

---------- Post added 03-01-2010 at 03:44 AM ----------

prothero;133734 wrote:
I sort of think they are both imaginary mental constructs. Useful in manipulating those who fear one and hope for the other but an impediment to truth.

Yes, P. For the most part, sadly, that's how they are used. But isn't Heaven also a metaphor for the splendor of truth? An escape from carnal confusion into numinous eternity? And hell would be the disharmony of a centerless self.

Quote:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

0 Replies