What's the stupidest thing you've done recently?

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:13 pm
I can't believe I actually admitted that. Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:14 pm
I put one of my spare housekeys in a magnetic box, but I don't remember where I put the box... I thought it was to the back of my work desk, but nooooo.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:15 pm
Piffka - me? Nope. One in my purse, one on a key chain, one at my house.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:21 pm
I had to train myself. . . keysinbag. Keysinbag. Wherearekeys? Keysinbag.

Those magnetic boxes don't work for me-not part of the routine! I use them once and forget to replace them. I'll tell you what was a godsend for me. . . when my building got a number-pad entry system.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:25 pm
My keys are in my bag except when they are in my jacket or on the back table or on the special hook I placed by the hall door or next to the groceries in the sack or

Pacco! Find my keys!!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:32 pm
Eva... good grief! Glad you survived!!! That could have been a lot worse. Did you get any burns?

Littlek -- Yes, I was thinking of you and your new spare keys. Having done so many dumb things with keys, they make me nervous and I want to plant them everywhere. I started keeping a magnetic key box on my car after some episodes like Sozobe's. It has really come in handy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:34 pm
It would be smart thinking, but I usually have someone nearby to at least get me home and into my house. If I were in another state, how ever.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:42 pm
No, piffka, no damage. Except to my self-esteem. Imagine how bad it would have been if I HAD gotten burned. Could you see me explaining that to the paramedics: "Well, I took this electrical cord and put it in my mouth..." If I had killed myself, I know I would have qualified for a Darwin Award.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:50 pm
<sigh> I spend my life trying to avoid qualifying for a Darwin, Eva :-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 12:10 am
I am going to to just that, Piffka. Just as soon as I find something made of metal on the poor little thing. Even the wheel wells are felt lined. Felt?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 04:38 am
Stupid thing ? Moi ??
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 04:50 am
Believed the last four women I've asked out would actually go out with me after they said yes.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:44 am
Eva: So THAT's why your hair looked like that that week!

===
Hmmmm. stupid thing done recently..... How about this? I like to sit in the front car of the A train. (death wish, says L. No, it's closer to the stairs when we get to our stop. yeah.) To get to the front car place on the platform at 14th Street you walk past all the stairways all the way to the end of the platform. Sort of a dead end, you see? I'm telling you this because last Thursday I went to the ATM at the Citibank at 16th Street, got out the weekend money, machine went nnmmmthwit, thwit, thwit, thwit, thwit, thwit. nnnnmmm more thwits. I took the wad of twenties - we had plans, must have cash - and folded it into my wallet. Shoved that wallet into my front right pocket of my jeans and headed for the door.
It was then that all New Yorkers do that New York ninja scan thing, you know, see everything without looking, grasshopper. Everyone always thinks New Yorkers don't make eye contact on the street, but believe you me they see you. And I saw him. He was skinny, wearing an oversized parka and a Yankee knit hat. His mistake was he was still looking at my pocket when I scanned him standing there just outside the glass doorway.
I put on my best 'I could give a sh-t, deadpan, don't f-ck with me unfocused face' and breezed right by him, across 16th Street and down the subway entrance stairs. I zipped through the turnstile and went down the next flight to the platform and headed, of course, up to the end to wait for the A.
Very odd for a Thursday night at eight, I guess everyone else in the city was eating, there was no one else at the end of the platform. A few people scattered half-way down, reading, staring into space, but no one at my end. No one until he came down the stairs.
You know that look your dog gets when he sees a squirrel at the park?
He was about halfway down the stairs when he got that look. I was lucky,
I could have been deep into my book and had him come right up to me before I had a chance, as it was I saw the headline "Unidentified Man Killed on A Platform". He came down the rest of the stairs and looked down the platform to see who else was around. I stood still - why do I see a picture of a tethered sheep waiting for the leopard in my head?
The fates are good though, as he took his second step in my direction we both heard two sounds, the click-click of the approaching A train and
-Hurray for YMCA Basketball- the thunder of seventeen, young, loud teenagers and their coach coming the stairs. The skinny guy froze as they swept around him like water round a rock. The train hissed in and the boys and I (my boys! my loud, loud boys) all clambered on. Finding a seat I looked to see where the guy was, he was still walking towards the car but slowly . He looked in, and as the car doors shut, gave me a little wave.

Joe
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:52 am
Starting smoking cigs, starting smoking pot, splitting up with a woman I loved for no real reason, dropping out of university: the list is endless and painful...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:54 am
Oh no.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:00 am
Eva, serves you right for not doing it by hand, with an ole fashioned whisk and bowl. Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:31 am
Somewhat stupid (I blame fatigue):

Colored my hair the other day and, instead of pouring the goop into my gloved hand (for application onto my hair), I poured about 1/4 of it onto the bathroom floor. Good thing I missed the mat, or it'd be partly medium golden blonde by now.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:32 am
Eva, what country were you in at the time? I can only assume that you were somewhere that the supply voltage is 110-120v. I can't imagine anyone surviving a shock to an area of the body with such low resistance with Oz's 240! My god that was dangerous.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:05 am
Left my love toys out (they're usually hidden in a special place!) when the maintenance guy was due to come by and do some maintenance work. Got home, saw his note (on the work he had completed), nearly had a fit as I surveyed my special things sitting there proud as day.

That was stupid thing No. 1.

Couple of days later electricity went off and so he had to come by to fix it and me, feeling a little perturbed he knew more of me than I wanted him to, babbled "Don't know what I was doing to make the circuits blow like that!"

Exit, stage left, big red face.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:23 am
They run off mains power? Now they must be some toys. What an apetite! :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 05:29:18