Three Principles of the People

Deckard

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 01:41 am
Sun Yat-sen's political philosophy is contained in the "Three Principles of the People"

"People's relation"
"People's power"

I don't have much to say about this yet that can't be just as easily read on the wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.og/wiki/Three_Principles_of_the_People#Enumeration

But here is a little factoid that I do want to point out:

Sun credited a line from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, "government of the people, by the people, for the people," as an inspiration for the Three Principles.

Perhaps at the core, the Chinese understanding of good government is not so different from that of the US.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,884 • Replies: 5
No top replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 02:24 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;168446 wrote:
Sun credited a line from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, "government of the people, by the people, for the people," as an inspiration for the Three Principles.

Perhaps at the core, the Chinese understanding of good government is not so different from that of the US.
?

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 3 sentences will reflect the WHOLE US goverment? ....no?

Beisides, try open your eyes to Chineese history the past few hundrets years, I see no similarites, only in recent decade.

Maybe this is why you are religious.
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 02:30 am
@Deckard,
Say what? Do you think Deckard burns incense for the Pope or something?
HexHammer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 02:39 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;168466 wrote:
Say what? Do you think Deckard burns incense for the Pope or something?
Let me say this as delicate as I can.

I'm just UTTERLY baffled why Deckard writes this.
Deckard

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 03:15 am
@HexHammer,
Sun Yat-sen is the George Washington of the Chinese people. He led the revolution that overthrew the imperial dynasty in 1911 to form a republic. Then the Chinese had a civil war but both sides believed they were carrying on the work of Sun Yat-sen. The Commies won and formed the People's Republic of China while the Nationalists went to Taiwan (or as they call it The Republic of China).

Taiwan was a founding member of the UN and on the Security Council and considered by most nations to be the legitimate government of China mainland included. In 1971, UN Resolution 2758 decided that the PRC was the legitimate government of China.

China (or at least the PRC) took a detour through Maoism but I think for China Sun Yat-sen's Abraham Lincoln inspired Three Principles of the People are of more fundamental importance than anything in Mao's little red book.
HexHammer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 03:31 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;168473 wrote:
Sun Yat-sen is the George Washington of the Chinese people. He lead the revolution that overthrew the imperial dynasty in 1911 to form a republic. Then the Chinese had a civil war but both sides believed they were carrying on the work of Sun Yat-sen. The Commies won and formed the People's Republic of China while the Nationalists went to Taiwan (or as they call it The Republic of China).

Taiwan was a founding member of the UN and on the Security Council and considered by most nations to be the legitimate government of China mainland included. In 1971, UN Resolution 2758 decided that the PRC was the legitimate government of China.

China (or at least the PRC) took a detour through Maoism but I think for China Sun Yat-sen's Abraham Lincoln inspired Three Principles of the People are of more fundamental importance than anything in Mao's little read book.
Yes, still I don't see any similiarities in how the commies would rule China, with how the US goverment ruled USA. There has been many overthrow of emperors and kings through history, for the sake of the people, by people.
Just because it has been inspired by something, doesn't nessesarily mean it has to follow 100% the source of inspiration.
0 Replies