Windows XP Professional and checking for new emails

sumac

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:36 am
I have looked under every option I can find in the Outlook Express portion of IE 6, and can't find anywhere the ability to slow down the process of checking for new emails when I click on send/receive, or receive all. It happens with lightning speed so that there really is no time to check to see if there are new emails waiting to be downloaded. How can I slow it down?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 665 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:38 am
You can't slow it down but I'm a little confused. If there were e-mails waiting to be downloaded they'd BE downloaded and they'd show up in your inbox.

Maybe I'm just confused on what you are trying to accomplish... ???
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 03:57 pm
Windows XP
And I have just the opposite problem - MSN Hotmail takes *forever* to download mail! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 01:44 pm
Maybe it is me who is confused, but when I was running both Earthlink and peoplepc.com simultaneously, and my email client was checking both for new emails, the pace was deliberate and of sufficient duration so that you had confidence that the client had sufficient time to actually check the server for new stuff. When my Earthlink account closed, the check for peoplepc email accelerated to a speed I had never witnessed before. So fast that you know that it is not connecting with the server. It would be impossible. Less than a second for all of the usual messages to flash in the window.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 02:11 pm
Hmm.. Iif you Open OE, go to "Tools" and select "Options" you can select the 'Maintenace" tab from the box that pops up and down at the bottom there are boxes you can check off to have OE create a log of it's activity.

If you check the "Mail" box and then run OE a few times the log should tell you whether it is connecting or not.

When I used OE with MSN it lagged but it's plenty fast with Comcast.. *shrug*
0 Replies