See better with a BlueScope

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:21 am
Today was first day of trading for the company I work for under it's new name. After we were cut loose by the parent company, BHPBilliton, we were known as BHP Steel. Now we're BlueScope steel. They celebrated by giving each employee a package with the usual bright future stuff and a keyring torch which shines a blue light on which was inscribed "You see better with a Blue Scope". I can't help but think, what a stupid name for a steel producer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 6
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:53 am
I have just aquired a chunk of BlueScope steel. Which end do I look through...?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 06:00 am
They had a competition for the employees to choose the new name. We've since found out that the bluescope domain name was registered about 6 months before the competition even started. Rolling Eyes

But they did buy us dinner last week, as a thankyou for our recent good performance. One of the best seafood meals I've ever had. And they even paid for the drinks. Total cost for the 27 in my group was $1932. But since they recently paid the CEO a 2 million dollar bonus, on top of his 1.9 million salary, I think they can afford it!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:35 am
Wow, SealPoet. Don't you know the patriotic (and therefore right and moral and not-evil) thing to do is to buy American steel? And, hell, it may be so porous after a few months in the driveway that you can look through it.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:28 pm
I said I acquired it, p.d. Stolen Steel.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:32 pm
What a coincidence. Last week we had a cold snap here, and I found myself stealing a stole.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:37 am
So here we have a Seal who's stealing steel, and a soul with a stolen stole.
0 Replies