weird java error, maybe one of you can help

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 12:25 pm
Hey, I've been having this error for quite some time now. I know a lot about computers and generally if I have a problem I can solve it myself, but this time I searched on the net and didn't find anything related to my problem...and I didn't want to register on another forum so maybe one of you guys can help. for some time now, every java applet and the java control panel look like this on my pc:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/228/javaerr.jpg

It's just these weird colors and stuff, I've never seen anything like it before and I can't find an explanation. I tried updating to the latest java version, didn't help...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,005 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Justin

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:02 pm
@rottenzombie,
Hmm... You could be victim of a virus. Best solution would be to use a Mac but if that's not an option, you may check that you don't have a virus and your software is all up to date. I've had issues with java on my windows computer as well but nothing like that.
rottenzombie

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:05 pm
@Justin,
hey...I just solved this...I opened this nvidia manager and it showed graphic artefacts too. I checked the temperature of my gpu and it was way high, so I cleaned the fan...now everything is fine again.
Justin

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:20 pm
@rottenzombie,
rottenzombie;106414 wrote:
hey...I just solved this...I opened this nvidia manager and it showed graphic artefacts too. I checked the temperature of my gpu and it was way high, so I cleaned the fan...now everything is fine again.

Good to here. Not keeping clean computers is something many of us often miss and does contribute to many problems. Glad to here it's fixed and thank you for sharing the solution.
rottenzombie

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:18 pm
@Justin,
yeah I already had that overheating problem once, it happens very fast but it's important to clean everything out once in a while. especially if the graphics card overheats that's not so good. and since I wasn't gaming I didn't notice it, didn't even know that java uses the card like that, I mean everything other than that was fine.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 06:38 pm
@rottenzombie,
rottenzombie;106414 wrote:

what is the nvidia manager? do i have one? and how did you check the temperature of your gpu...you mean cpu? you mean that little thing inside the case that is the 'power supply?'

i thought i might have an overheating problem. i was finally told there is nothing wrong with my pc, but the wires are not grounded in the house, so current is coming into the pc, and if that is fixed i would have no trouble. i have been shocked by the case, and my microwave as well, so i believe the whole house isnt grounded. so far i havent managed to get anyone to take care of it.
0 Replies

rottenzombie

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 07:36 am
@rottenzombie,
it comes with the nvidia drivers, if you an nvidia card. you can set all kinds of stuff there, I don't know how it's called exactly I just guessed. I'm on my laptop now, only have that at home.
I checked the temperature with a program called everest, gives you all kind of information on your system. including the cpu temperature and the gpu(graphics processing unit, which is the processor on your video card). there are numerous other tools though, just search on google.
yeah I cleaned all the fans, the one in the power supply, the one on my cpu and the one on my gpu.

Well I never heard about that...never have been shocked by anything in my house Smile
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 06:01 pm
@rottenzombie,
One of the handiest applications around is Everest; not only will it detail all the hardware on your system, it will also give you temperature and fan readings, as well as voltage information.

Here is a link (and it's absolutely FREE):
|MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 Download
0 Replies