Congress and Pro Wrestling

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 12:24 pm
Attached is a link to a Daily Show clip. Yes, a Daily Show clip. Fast forward to 5 minutes, if you are interested.

The currency of modern politics is conflict? Conflict neccesitates government, and government sustains conflict....

Purely speculative, but an interesting take on conspiracy theory.

Wrestler Mick Foley Helps The Daily Show Explain How Congress Is Like Pro-Wrestling | TPMTV

RECONCILE THAT!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 780 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Jebediah

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 12:59 pm
@Camerama,
I remember the daily show being funny a few years back, don't know what happened :Not-Impressed:

Mostly jon just seems angry, and they try and make serious points but since they are dressing it up as humor they skim and exaggerate.

I think this clip misses the point by a mile. He shows clips of congressman accusing people of the other party and defending people from their own. And then concludes that they "have no standards". Obviously they do have a standard: keeping their guys in office and bumping a few of the other guys out, so that they can pass the legislation they think is best for the country. Why is jon criticizing them for watering down the bill and then objecting to them playing politics to gain a majority?

90% of the people watching are inconsistent in how they will criticize a politician. I was the same way myself around election time.

He also said something like "she has to remind us that congress should be held to a higher ethical standard than perverts" when clearly she was saying they should be held to a higher ethical standard than regular citizens. Sloppy.
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:52 pm
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;144139 wrote:
I remember the daily show being funny a few years back, don't know what happened :Not-Impressed:

The Colbert Report happened
0 Replies