phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

tado

Fri 23 Sep, 2005 04:23 am
thanks for the mod..Smile
0 Replies

mox

Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:31 pm
Hi Craven,

I have installed the SEO mod and it works great, thanks. I have also installed the attachment mod. I have noticed that when I click "submit" to save a post, the page jumps to the top of the main text window just as it would as if there was an anchor reference there, before saving the post. Does this have anything to do with the SEO mod, and if not, do you know of a way that I can stop this from happening?

I can send you a link to my forum for you to test it out if you like.

Thanks for your time.
0 Replies

exilera

Tue 27 Sep, 2005 03:57 pm
template question
I noticed in the installation instructions in the SEO mod that it references the subSilver template. I'm using MorpheusX. Will that matter, or should I just make the code changes as if I were using subSilver?

Thanks!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:11 pm
Re: template question
mox wrote:
I have noticed that when I click "submit" to save a post, the page jumps to the top of the main text window just as it would as if there was an anchor reference there, before saving the post. Does this have anything to do with the SEO mod, and if not, do you know of a way that I can stop this from happening?

It's not something my mod does.

exilera wrote:
I noticed in the installation instructions in the SEO mod that it references the subSilver template. I'm using MorpheusX. Will that matter, or should I just make the code changes as if I were using subSilver?

Thanks!

Hi, please see phpBB's documentation about basic mod application for this. This is not an issue particular to my mod.

In short, the subsilver is a reference and if you use a different template you must try to find matches in your template.
0 Replies

two4one

Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:00 am
problem in static mod_rewrite mod
hello ,

in your seo tool kit of

Session removal, static URLs (mod_rewrite), page optimization

i have successfully modded Session removal and page optimization. they both rocks!! decreased 7s loading time (optimized 40% increase in speed)

but after installing mod_rewrite my site is not viewable....

i hope there is some wrong in my .htaccess can you please check it once

Code:
my site is a free hosting under subdomain sub . domain . com

RedirectMatch temp ^/$ <site>/matesforum

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^matesforum.* index.php [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?p=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?p=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^view-poll([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=viewresult [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?t=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&view=newest viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=newest [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight=$5 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^mark-forum([0-9]*).html* viewforum.php?f=$1&mark=topics [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&watch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^stop-updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&unwatch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]*).html viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^topic-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^ptopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=previous [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^ntopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=next [L,NC]

thanks in advance...
0 Replies

two4one

Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:12 am
two4one wrote:
hello ,

in your seo tool kit of

Session removal, static URLs (mod_rewrite), page optimization

i have successfully modded Session removal and page optimization. they both rocks!! decreased 7s loading time (optimized 40% increase in speed)

but after installing mod_rewrite my site is not viewable....

i hope there is some wrong in my .htaccess can you please check it once

Code:
my site is a free hosting under subdomain sub . domain . com

RedirectMatch temp ^/$ <site>/matesforum

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^matesforum.* index.php [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?p=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^view-poll([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=viewresult [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?t=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&view=newest viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=newest [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight=$5 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^stop-updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&unwatch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^topic-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 [L,NC]

thanks in advance...
hello again
above question has solved sooner i corrected
RewriteRule ^matesforum.* index.php [L,NC] to RewriteRule ^forums.* index.php [L,NC] in .htaccess

but after posting has made , and getting message "you have posted successfully" while redirrecting to post it showing an error to me....
Quote:
Not Found
The requested URL /matesforum/post-38.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this is the address in url
root/post-38.html#38

Note :: posted as guest , member

all the urls in index.php are changed to root/forum-16.html but on click all showing same above error only

did your test and found that my server doesn't have mod_rewrite enabled...,

i have basically 3 questions to ask now
1> will enabling that apache module any difficulty arises to host?(mainly server speed )
2>after installing this static URLs again my site loading speed slowed down to back... any expectation why its happen?
3> do a static site map of each and every post in forum does the same thing as static url mod?

thanks for your help
0 Replies

CruiseMates

Tue 4 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
Craven...

Will you please contact me? I am looking for someone to MOD my newly installed phpBB. We have a large site (over 750,000 posts, almost half the size of this one). Yes - more than willing to pay you your fair price.

Apache 2.0.52, PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.10a

Further update: I tried and almost finished the mod myself, and felt very confident going through it, but I am using a different template (Iris expanded) and when I was got the the last page of changes (to one of the template files) I could not find the code that needs to be changed. I found something similar but I knew I could not copy/cut/paste and still have the same template so I skipped the final step.

Upon testing the forums I found I could do everything except that viewtopic.php comes up blank.

I would still very much like you to contact me (via my profile) so I can hire you professionally if possible.
0 Replies

neha patelx9x

Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:31 pm
thanks for a wonderful mod ...

hopefully i can now improve my page rank and site indexing after implementing it ...

i did isntall it on a test forum and found no problems with it..

but for my main forum , i have installed Username Colors...

so some code is a little differnt , i was wondering if u can suggest me the rite way to change it ...

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

'<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $forum_data[$j]['user_id']) . '">' . $forum_data[$j]['username'] . '</a> ';

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------
#

$forum_data[$j]['username'];

Instead i have -

'<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $forum_data[$j]['user_id']) . '"' . $style_color . '>' . $username_color . '</a> ';

Thanks for helping me out on it , as u can see i am not at all good with tech Sad
0 Replies

brand beatrice

Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:21 pm
.htaccess
i have a major problem. Crying or Very sad
1) i have installed: Able2Know.com Search Engine Optimization 2.0.0
excellent stuff, very happy with it.
after that, i have installed:
2)phpBB static URLs mod _rewrite 1.0.0
This one doesn't work the way it should. i reckon that there is something to do with .htaccess
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^'forums.* index.php [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'post-([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?p=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'post-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?p=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'view-poll([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=viewresult [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?t=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*).html&view=newest viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=newest [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'about([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight=$5 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'mark-forum([0-9]*).html* viewforum.php?f=$1&mark=topics [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&watch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'stop-updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&unwatch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'forum-([0-9]*).html viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'forum-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'topic-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'ptopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=previous [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^'ntopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=next [L,NC]

i have tried all solutions posted so far. no results. i would try this one - add a directory in the httpd.conf to make sure rewrite works - but i have no idea how to do it.
BBeatrice

p.s. - a few more details -

if they are not logged in they can not access any links(4...ohh...4). as soon as they log in everything is ok.
i didn't post the link as i want to respect the rules, but if there is a need i can e-mail it to whom it may request it. thank you.
0 Replies

harleyx

Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:15 am
Re: .htaccess
Beatrice:

Your logged in users can access everything fine because the rewriting of URL's is to make search engines happy, so it only engages on guest users. Basically the htaccess file is bypassed by logged in users.

As for why your htaccess isn't working properly I don't know specifically, but I ran a text compare between what you posted in the code snippet and what the 1.0.0 text file code snippet is, and there seems to be a difference there somewhere. This is the code snippet from the 1.0.0 file, try pasting this code in your .htaccess file instead of what you have now and see if it fixes anything.

If it doesn't help, I would suggest running through the entire static URL's text file and double checking that all the code you pasted in your .php files is in the proper place and whatnot.

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^forums.* index.php [L,NC]
0 Replies

lotte

Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:03 pm
Hi,

My stats don't work anymore.
The stats are in the 'Admin' folder. Phpbb also uses a admin folder but that one is lower case.
When I remove the .htaccess file the stats do work.

Is there anything I can add to the .htacces file so I can use my stats ?

Thanks !!

Lotte.
0 Replies

mortpig

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:16 am
hi,

i have just completed the steps for this mod.

but i don't see the static html changes anywhere?

i looked for help on this but couldnt find.

could someone point out an FAQ on why I may not be seeing the forum threads in .html etc, they still pass .php?f=1

cheers
0 Replies

mortpig

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:36 pm
hi,

i solved my problem.

i must have uploaded some of the .tpl files in binary.

i uploaded everything in ascii and all is sweet.

hot script!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:24 pm
lotte wrote:
Hi,

My stats don't work anymore.
The stats are in the 'Admin' folder. Phpbb also uses a admin folder but that one is lower case.
When I remove the .htaccess file the stats do work.

Is there anything I can add to the .htacces file so I can use my stats ?

Thanks !!

Lotte.

I suspect that an .htaccess file is being used to determine where the password for the stats directory can be found. However I have no idea what your setup is and can only guess this far.

Look in the stats directory for an .htaccess file with authentication info, also look in the directory above the forum root.

I can't really help you any further without access (which I don't want) so if you can't figure it out I suggest contacting your system administrator.
0 Replies

mortpig

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:28 pm
hi Craven de Kere,

do you end up completing a mod where the url contains the topic keywords ?

cheers chris
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:29 pm
two4one wrote:

i have basically 3 questions to ask now
1> will enabling that apache module any difficulty arises to host?(mainly server speed )

The module is already enabled by the host if you are able to use it.

Quote:
2>after installing this static URLs again my site loading speed slowed down to back... any expectation why its happen?

Because the initial speed increase you saw was either imagined or unrelated to the mod.

Quote:

3> do a static site map of each and every post in forum does the same thing as static url mod?

No, and those "sitemap" or "archive" methods bring serious SEO drawbacks that should be avoided.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:31 pm
mortpig wrote:
hi Craven de Kere,

do you end up completing a mod where the url contains the topic keywords ?

cheers chris

I came close, and decided to hold off on it as it contains limited SEO value for a lot of messy URL issues.

What I do plan to release shortly is a new version of the static URLs that works for both logged in and logged out users.
0 Replies

bschneider5

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:22 am
Is this mod compatible with ezmod?
0 Replies

mreider

Sun 16 Oct, 2005 04:22 am
Any idea when a new version of this mod will be released? Does it work with the latest PHPBB?
0 Replies

tekguru

Sun 16 Oct, 2005 04:22 pm
With IntegraMod?
Hope you can help. I'm running with IntegraMOD (IM) which is a premodded modular PHPBB derivative.

I've added in the parts of the SEO Mod where possible, a lot of the code that does need changing is not in there, or I can't find equivalents, so have changed what I can - that I will have to live with Smile

So one to the Q's@

1) IM also uses a portal.php as well as the index.php, with the portal being the site entry page as it carries news, etc.

What I need to know is how to change the static URL mod so that it will also work with that page as well as the regular index.

I did try changing the .htaccess file to be as :

Code:RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^forums.* index.php [L,NC]
RewriteRule ^forums.* portal.php [L,NC]

But unfortunately this did not do the job. Any ideas as to what I should use?

2) Once the static Mod is in there and operating if one wishes to make a post wheich refers to another post i.e. using the URL BBCode should one link to the actual dymanic link or try to link to the static?

I'm assuming the dymanic link as the Mod will rewrite it for the spiders.

Is this correct?

Hope you can help. Cheers in advance!
0 Replies