phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

Craven de Kere

Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

majjk

Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm
This mod was exactly what I was looking for (the static url bit. I'll leave the rest for a while...), unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. All I get is 404 Not Found when trying to browse the forum. I have tested if I have got mod_rewrite enabled on my server, so that isn't the problem. Any ideas? What are the most likely problems?

Regards

majjk
0 Replies

majjk

Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:03 pm
Forgot to mention that I haven't read all 97 pages, just the first 2 and the last ten or so, so please excuse me if the answer is somewhere in the middle of this...
0 Replies

Tonycoolmac

Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:37 am
Hi,

I followed up de MODs instructions and did exactly all that was said, however i get the 404 error while trying to access my forums in html (forum-1.html,etc.), also i cannot logout of my session, each time i press logout i get redirected to the index, the only way i was able to logout was by deleting my cookies.

Thanks for the Help,

Cheers
0 Replies

majjk

Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:16 pm
Well can't send a PM because I haven't been around long enough... so here it is in public instead:

I managed to find something that works. I posted it here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1357202 . I haven't yet tried NeoThermic's suggestions, so I can't tell you if that version work with me.

majjk
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:38 pm
If you applymy code correctly, it works. The code you posted will cause session errors for certain user browser configurations.

The errors reported here are almost always the result of one of the following (in order of how common):

1) Error in applying the mod. If you make syntax mistakes or are sloppy you can often break stuff.

2) mod_rewrite server configuration issues.

3) Other mods that conflict with this mod.

It's as simple as that. Do it right and it works.
0 Replies

Tonycoolmac

Sun 19 Dec, 2004 03:07 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
If you applymy code correctly, it works. The code you posted will cause session errors for certain user browser configurations.

The errors reported here are almost always the result of one of the following (in order of how common):

1) Error in applying the mod. If you make syntax mistakes or are sloppy you can often break stuff.

2) mod_rewrite server configuration issues.

3) Other mods that conflict with this mod.

It's as simple as that. Do it right and it works.

Couldn't there be any other reason why the 404 error on the html forums?

I have mod_rewrite...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:19 pm
404 indicates that it is likely a problem with the mod_rewrite rules.

Depending on your server configuration you may need to add RewriteBase to the .htaccess code.
0 Replies

DAIKAMURA

Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:01 am
Hi Craven i have a little question...
can i make static urls ( html ) even when a user is logged in?
In your script when a user logs in pages changes from html into php but i prefer to mantain certain pages ( not all i mean basically: index, viewtopic, viewforum ) in html even if a user is logged in.
Is that possible?
Thanks a lot, you're the best
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:36 am
The reasons for the way I do it have been explained in the past, the short version is that it causes problems for users with no cookie support.

After phpbb 2.2.0 I will dedicate development to handle it.
0 Replies

flashedcoder

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:06 am
i need help in php static MOD
Edit (Moderator): Link removed i have uploaded the forum on that link..

and i used the SEO v 2 mod and the static html mod.. but with i click on the link it give me error that the file does not exist.. i have checked that mod-rewrite in apache is working but dunno why its not working with phpbb

thanks
regards
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:49 am
Re: phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SE
From the first line of the thread:

Craven de Kere wrote:
You can get free help here but you can't post a link.

I'm not going to donate time helping people who ignore that anymore.
0 Replies

propagandhi

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:20 pm
you said earlier that if you had many forums running on the same webspace with this mod they would'nt all be indexed on google, but what if they were all under different databases?
0 Replies

el duque

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:06 pm
Installing mod whilst retaining personal info for guest view
Quote:
12) Remove personal info (Profile, IM, PM, AIM, etc) for guest views (darbyrob)

Great looking mod, but one of my sites is a directory site and requires guests to have access to the personal info bar.

Which parts of the mod should I leave out to retain this function, that is presuming it is possible to do so.

Thanks in anticipation
0 Replies

andrewtw

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 04:57 pm
Hello! I need help...
Hi,

I have just upgraded to phpBB 2.0.11...

In the meantime I have destroyed my SEO mod. I have made the changes to get this mod back again.

Now I cant for the life of my remember how to get my moderators to show up on my index page. And I cannot find it on this site! I know it is here somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Can somebody please help! It is annoying the hell out of me.

Cheers,

Worm
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:58 pm
Guys, instead of me pointing out that code over and over again, I think I might better spend my time by writing all the information into the mod (for example, releasing the mod as a zip with each change as it's own mod).

I won't be able to get to it till after the new year, but if someone reminds me to do this I'll do it and update the mod with some new stuff.
0 Replies

andrewtw

Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:29 pm
I worked it out myself.
Thanks anyway.

Cheers,

Worm
0 Replies

hariraghavan

Sat 25 Dec, 2004 04:26 am
404 Error
Hi,

Here is my code for the .htaccess file and it is in the same directory of the forum. But I get 404 Not Found Error

Code:
##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt,v 1.4 2004/09/16 18:27:17 saka Exp $
# @package Mambo_4.5
# @copyright (C) 2000 - 2004 Miro International Pty Ltd
# @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Mambo is Free Software
##

#
# mod_rewrite in use
#

RewriteEngine On

# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physival file paths.
# Update YourMamboDirectory (just / for root)

RewriteBase /home/username/public_html/forum

#
# Rules
#

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /(.*) index.php

RewriteRule /forums.* index.php [L,NC]
RewriteRule /post-([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?p=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /post-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?p=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /view-poll([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=viewresult [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?t=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*).html&view=newest viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=newest [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /about([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight=$5 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /mark-forum([0-9]*).html* viewforum.php?f=$1&mark=topics [L,NC]
RewriteRule /updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&watch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule /stop-updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&unwatch=topic [L,NC]
RewriteRule /forum-([0-9]*).html viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /forum-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /topic-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 [L,NC]
RewriteRule /ptopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=previous [L,NC]
RewriteRule /ntopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=next [L,NC]

Pls help me.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sat 25 Dec, 2004 03:04 pm
Re: 404 Error
hariraghavan wrote:
Hi,

Here is my code for the .htaccess file and it is in the same directory of the forum. But I get 404 Not Found Error

That is not the code from the mod.
0 Replies

Tonycoolmac

Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:32 pm
Craven, could you in the future post down the correct configuration of the mod_rewrite (for the SEO mod to work, of course)? I think that would really be of help to all the people who got the same error.

Thanks
0 Replies