Religion invention.

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:11 am
If you could invent your own religion what would it be like for you and for the other parishioners?

Would you be minister preacher or flock?

Would you want to run it or have it run you?

If you found the exact religion you wanted or needed would you be happy to be alone or would you want others to join you?

If you knew you were right would you impose your values or dare i say commandments upon others?

The impossition could be a simple condemnation.

Are you and your values better than other peoples?

(I understand each of these questions are quite big in of themselves, just led that way, just answer one at a time if you will.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 10
No top replies

xris

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 04:46 am
@sometime sun,
Well firstly you would have to invent a credible god.
sometime sun

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 05:27 am
@xris,
xris;120633 wrote:

Is religion really contingent upon God? is God really contingent upon religion?
I would hazard to say there are many religions without a God, and i would be right.
Religion is for the people first before the God. This may help when answering the questions.
When it comes to human beings being humans God is not always the first, Not to say God shouldn't be, but we are dealing with the masses of humanity humanities masses.
Humans come before God?
xris

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 05:44 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;120636 wrote:
Is religion really contingent upon God? is God really contingent upon religion?
I would hazard to say there are many religions without a God, and i would be right.
Religion is for the people first before the God. This may help when answering the questions.
When it comes to human beings being humans God is not always the first, Not to say God shouldn't be, but we are dealing with the masses of humanity humanities masses.
Humans come before God?
It starting to sound like social club. Whats going to bring them together? Whats your sales pitch?
Three dog

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 01:41 pm
@sometime sun,
I would start a cult dedicated to me. I would promise a better, comunal life to those living under me. It would give people direction. Laughing
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 02:33 pm
@xris,
xris;120633 wrote:
Well we seem to have had several different "credible" gods throught the ages. Credible to whom?
I would agree with the notion that the medieval scholastic western theological notion of a supernatural and anthropomorphic god is not coherent in the modern age of science and reason but it still seems to have a lot of traction (credibility with the crowd).
xris

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 02:43 pm
@prothero,
To true, the desire outweighs the reasoning. We all experience this ache, this spiritual desire at some stage in our lives. It can be easily abused and any charlatan can manipulate the vulnerable.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 05:22 pm
@xris,
xris;120640 wrote:
It starting to sound like social club. Whats going to bring them together? Whats your sales pitch?

Together you can become more than a god.

You can be God.

about all i got, oh and the immortal,

You can be better.

(Meaning you come from worse?)

---------- Post added 01-17-2010 at 11:32 PM ----------

xris;120691 wrote:
To true, the desire outweighs the reasoning. We all experience this ache, this spiritual desire at some stage in our lives. It can be easily abused and any charlatan can manipulate the vulnerable.

A good religion would could teach you to be durable and strong and not vulnerable,
at all but to yourself and know others would not break the trust,
somebodies strengths dont come from somebodies weaknesses,
somebodies gains dont come from sombodies losses,
not from their own not from anyone else.

Or loss may be the only way we need something? know we are without? know we are less?

---------- Post added 01-17-2010 at 11:34 PM ----------

Three_dog;120680 wrote:
I would start a cult dedicated to me. I would promise a better, comunal life to those living under me. It would give people direction. Laughing

And what would direct you?
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 06:09 pm
@sometime sun,
Yes religion is invented, not revealed.
sometime sun

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2010 06:39 pm
@prothero,
prothero;120713 wrote:
Yes religion is invented, not revealed.

Religion Invented, an invention that is a gadget that ultimately reveals and is revealing. Just as your blackberry reveals things you need to ask it, all it takes is religions user manual and learning which bottons to press.
0 Replies

awareness

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:59 pm
@sometime sun,
the most efficient and thus the best is to seek, share, and only accept the truth. The human species only degrades it's self and slows it's progress by lying and hiding the truth. This goes for individuals as well.
0 Replies