Ten commandments/ A religious Symbol

Ibredd

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:38 pm
Terry
I know that churches do refer to the commandments in many sermons but they do not teach the 10.0 version as they can only go as far as 9.1 version as they over look Gods request to Keep Holy the last day of the week the 7th day. The holy Roman catholic Church omited 9/10 of the forth commandment and the whole christian world blindly follows them, so as I stated they teach the opposite as to what is there, note the last day and the frist day is about as opposite as you can get, so no they don't teach the ten commandments.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:53 pm
Ibredd wrote:
Yes I can understand that non church going people believe that the church going people are going to church in order to learn how to live by Gods Word, that is just not the case. The situation is that everyone hopes that the other person will do these things.

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

On the other hand, Ibredd, the rest of your post is pure bosh and twaddle.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:01 am
Ibredd, Seventh Day Adventists are Christians who keep the Sabbath on Saturday. There are others. If all other denominations "blindly" followed the Catholic Church, how do you explain the Reformation?

You can blame Emperor Constantine for declaring Sunday as an official day of rest, and if God really cares which day is observed, why hasn't he done anything about it for the last 1600 years?

In any case, Judge Moore's monument WAS a religious symbol since it was engraved with the version of the Ten Commandments preached in most Protestant churches.

Your red herring about the Sabbath does not change that fact at all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:00 am
Mmmmmmmmm, pickeled herring on rye toast . . . now there's a good breakfast . . .

I'll pass on the red herrings . . .
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:03 pm
Terry
Well lets see where to start, well why not {a version of THE 10 Commandments}. There is just one version of THE 10 Commandments as the writer only gave one version. For instance take the 23rd Psalm you can not remove passages from it and change what ever else you don't accept and then call it THE 23rd Psalm, society will not accept that.
So as you see the "Holy Roman Catholic Church" can not display THE 10 Commandents, The now non Protesting Pro-test- ant churches can not display the THE 10 Commandments as they are in the same bundle as the "Holy Roman Catholic Church".
AS for the S.D.A.s they may attend church on the seventh day but they most likely do not have a copy of The 10 commandments displayed either. In the Synagogues you will most likely find only a picture of a stone tablet with the frist 10 letters of the Jewish alphabet. So now you tell me that neither did the judge have THE 10 commandments displayed, so he also will have to answer to the writer regarding his mis quotings and in this situation God the father himself. So as you can see the document could be displayed as it is not a displayed symbol in any religious organization.
Well now why not talk about the Pro test ant reformation, it seems that God did bring enlightenmant to different organizations but in each case they went out and did the same thing as the serpent did in the garden they would state that they had the truth and to listen to them, and of course being that they believed that they had the truth God could no longer give them any addional enlightenment as they would not accept it, so God had to move on to several different organizations, at this time it seems that the reformation is over as the Churches are moving back toward the " Holy Roman Catholic church" and all of it's Pagan practices. Note that the " Holy Roman Catholic Church" has been promoting Homosexuality, they will claim other wise but actions speak louder than words, as they have been hiring homosexual priests for years now which have been trying to convert the churches young men to that perversion, and now a protestant church is following suit.
So why has God not done anything about this deception, well we are free moral agents and God allows us to do as we will at this time, but he does plan to change all of this deception, perversion and etc. you may wish to review Isaiah 66: 23 & 24 as well as Revelation 22: 14 & 15 to see his plans and which group you belong in.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:10 pm
So, InBredd, what hobbies do you have besides Catholic bashing? I would be more than happy to discuss the Pro Test ant (and even the amateurt test ants) reformation with you, but....... Very Happy
PS: Does God talk to you even when you take your meds? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:11 pm
As you can see, Terry, some people actually take these fairytales rather seriously.
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:43 pm
Frank Apisa
Did you mean: fairy tales,...... If so Google in it's 1,920,000 listings did not list any of the 66 books as fairy tales, maybe they are mistaken.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:21 am
Google is not responsible for the content, nor comments upon the nature of, the tripe to which it will direct you if you type in a search criterion which includes reference to religious fairy tales.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:25 am
I am completely skimming this thread, as I have no interest in it, but I caught Setanta use the word 'vestibule' which is one of my personal favourite words. Just thought I would pipe in with a totally irrelevant comment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:29 am
Have you ever heard songs by the Montreal group The Vestibules?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:32 am
Yes actually, went to McGill.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:38 am
Gah-zee-bo ! ! !
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 10:12 am
Ibredd wrote:
Frank Apisa
Did you mean: fairy tales,...... If so Google in it's 1,920,000 listings did not list any of the 66 books as fairy tales, maybe they are mistaken.

You've checked out all 1,920,000 listings?

Or are you just shooting off your mouth again?
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:51 pm
THOMAS Apisa
There are believers and then there are non believers. It is better if one is a believer by some 30% due to the placebo effect. In other words believers can be helped.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:54 pm
All I learned from Moses was that I loovvve a burning bush.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:58 pm
cavfancier wrote:
All I learned from Moses was that I loovvve a burning bush.

Do they do the "PID shuffle?" Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 05:13 pm
When i worked in the Army Medical Corps, we had an astonishingly high incidence and prevalence of pelvic inflammatory disease, for which the most common treatment was dilation and curettage . . . of course, Army doctors would never do abortions--that would have been illegal in those days.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 05:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
When i worked in the Army Medical Corps, we had an astonishingly high incidence and prevalence of pelvic inflammatory disease, for which the most common treatment was dilation and curettage . . . of course, Army doctors would never do abortions--that would have been illegal in those days.

At MAMC in the mid 1990s, many of the fine, genteel young Army wives (who worked to suplement their hubby's income at such upscale establishments as Lipstix, Deja Vu, The New Player's Club, etc...) often shuffled into the ED at 3a.m. in a panic because the pain had gotten soooo bad, and hubby was due home from the field soon. Shocked
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 05:40 pm
Ibredd wrote:
THOMAS Apisa
There are believers and then there are non believers. It is better if one is a believer by some 30% due to the placebo effect. In other words believers can be helped.

And precisely what is that supposed to mean?

Better yet, allow me to ask my last question again: Or are you just shooting off your mouth again?
0 Replies