Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 06:31 pm
A thought came to me today.

The only thing that needs to be (in) enforced is education.

Now to turn this into a question rather than comment.

Is the only thing that needs to be enforced, education?

But to run with the assertion of this, tell me where it is wrong.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,241 • Replies: 10
No top replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:40 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;107140 wrote:
A thought came to me today.

The only thing that needs to be (in) enforced is education.

Now to turn this into a question rather than comment.

We need education in order for people to get jobs that needs complexity.
- to convey complex information
- to understand complex concepts
- concepts that can lead to more advanced technology
- concepts that allow us to understand things better
- concepts are so fundemental for everything in our society

All our laws needs to be enforced!
- our morals needs to be enforced
- our ethics needs to be enforced
- upbringing needs to be enforced, else kids tends to be removed from parents.

Maybe I need to ask why you are asking such seemingly sexplanatory questions? ..why you infact always are asking such questions?

- ..is it out of boredom?
- is it because you are handicapped and can't get much out?
- ..................why!?!?!?
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:35 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;107140 wrote:

The question seems vague. Is the argument that "education" should be "enforced" or that nothing else but "education" should be enforced?

Moreover, the question does not really explain what is meant by education (is it, for example, simply school attendance, or is it that the state must enforce teachers to provide a genuine education to their students). Nor is it very clear what enforcement means (it could be moral or economic persuasion or something much stronger, legal enforcement).
HexHammer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:57 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;139900 wrote:
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
Wrong, we need to ask questions to clarify what we are ignorent of, only then we can progress!
0 Replies

DAC

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:56 am
@sometime sun,
I can't think of anything that has been enforced which does not end up ultimately failing.

A river goes the way it wants to.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:59 am
@DAC,
DAC;141620 wrote:
I can't think of anything that has been enforced which does not end up ultimately failing.

A river goes the way it wants to.
Law and order, don't think that concept will ultimately fail since we need it, contrary anarchy.
0 Replies

DAC

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 02:23 pm
@sometime sun,
I don't see Law and order works that well other wise we would not need law and order.
The more laws we have the more people break them because we have more laws.

Children do not start out in life wanting to break the Law, so why when they get older do they end up breaking the Law is an interesting question.
People in prison don't what to be in prison and probably don't want to go back to prison but do is another question worth answering.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 02:32 pm
@DAC,
DAC;141656 wrote:
I don't see Law and order works that well other wise we would not need law and order.
The more laws we have the more people break them because we have more laws.

Children do not start out in life wanting to break the Law, so why when they get older do they end up breaking the Law is an interesting question.
People in prison don't what to be in prison and probably don't want to go back to prison but do is another question worth answering.
Anything involving humans are subject for errors, misinterpetation, greed, ignorence, indefference ..etc.
But the concepts still stands strong and will be the underlying guidance for civilized societies. We have law enforcement, they can't do the job 100% but overall they do it well enough for the continual suvival of society as a whole.

It seems you focus on the smaller things and blow them up and overshadow the greater picture, meaning your interpetation is out of proportion ..just imo.
0 Replies

DAC

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:07 pm
@sometime sun,
I would have thought "If humans are subject for errors, misinterpretation, greed, ignorance, indifference ..etc." then we can not try to enforce them to do anything and we can only try to persuade and encourage them to do what you what them to do.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:11 pm
@DAC,
DAC;141711 wrote:
I would have thought "If humans are subject for errors, misinterpretation, greed, ignorance, indifference ..etc." then we can not try to enforce them to do anything and we can only try to persuade and encourage them to do what you what them to do.
Do we live in the same reality? :poke-eye:
0 Replies

DAC

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:36 pm
@sometime sun,
Yes we all have the ability to shift are point of view to see the others reality some times know as empathy. it is very usefull as it can help solve problems.
This is a Philosophy forum which can help work out a solve problems at a conceptual level.
0 Replies