Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:30 pm
(This may not belong here in the religious philosophy section as it is not necessarily about just God, it is not so much what is man with God as much as without)

What would Man be without God?

Is God a learning curve or the only lesson needed?
to be both God as man, man as God.

Is not one of the first needed lessons (for apparently there are many) that of a NEED for Law and a God to uphold it.
(If not our present state of affairs, holding God up to mans law, now that the two are distinguishable, separated and nearly divorced but for the conception)

So what would Man be without God?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 780 • Replies: 5
No top replies

kennethamy

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:45 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;114253 wrote:

So what would Man be without God?

What he is?......................
sometime sun

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:04 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;114260 wrote:
What he is?......................

Is this a question over statement?
initially i thought that this could be you asking what man is? either with or with out God but then i thought this could also be a question of what the he in God is?
What does this mean?
Is it that man is man even ever without God? that man is without God therefore man is just man, that even without God as a real entity (whether you believe or not) man is just as is man is. God is not real, therefore not part of how we ever became what we are as man.
If so i would like to just say in answering this you can have a belief that God turned us into man or that even without Gods real presence man still became the man it is today because of the belife in the first place.
So what you may mean is that, what is man in the first place to be able to ask and to answer what he would be without that self or without God.
What 'he' is it, Man or God?
Or are you asking me to clarify something about my stance on the question of the nature and location of this questions/threads reference to man?

Please Kennethamy elaborate and ask me somehting i can answer (or at least try to).Smile
Are you confused or am I?
prothero

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:34 am
@sometime sun,
Without god man is the measure of all things.
There is no transcendent purpose, value or aesthetic.
You become Friedrich Nietzsche or probably something less than he.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:44 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;114265 wrote:
Is this a question over statement?
initially i thought that this could be you asking what man is? either with or with out God but then i thought this could also be a question of what the he in God is?
What does this mean?

All I meant was that if there is no God, then man without God would be exactly what man is now; without God. If I asked, what you would be without owning a tiger, would not the answer be, what you are now (since I suppose you do not own a tiger)?
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 08:27 pm
@prothero,
prothero;114316 wrote:
Without god man is the measure of all things.
There is no transcendent purpose, value or aesthetic.
You become Friedrich Nietzsche or probably something less than he.

Without God man thinks he is the measure of all things? but even the unfaithful Athiest with faith would recognise that you would have to be a sociopath to believe you are the measure of the All, and sociopaths are poor men and not part of man. The measurer perhaps.
Do not the Scriptures of some or most say that man is the measure and master of all things anyway? apart from God, (man is master to all but mans master/maker) and if God does not exist then the outcome and man measurement is still the same, is still the measure of all? Which is not truth.
So even without God man is never the measure of all, all he surveys perhaps, he thinks it therefore it is, but even the blind man knows there are things that he cannot nor would see, but that they are there either just out of reach or just out of veiw (out of luck) out of measurement.
We do not know all therefore there must be something we cannot understand, ergo God is either appreciated or invented to fill the gap we know we cannot fill ourselves.
Become something more or something less without God?
Are you a better 'part' of man for being all the man you can be but not all the man God requires you to believe?
Man is often less with God than without by the being of what it is to be required possessed of something and failing misserably to live up to it.
Without God there is no room to fail, because failure is no longer is a factor.
Not forgetting that it was Gods conception that made us man in the first place, but that is not part of the question.
If there was a man without God what would that man be? both individualy and universally?
The universe still exists without God and Gods presence.
Just maybe not creation itself.
So God is creation?
Over creationist?...................
You can continue you this yourself,

---------- Post added 12-27-2009 at 03:20 AM ----------

kennethamy;114317 wrote:
All I meant was that if there is no God, then man without God would be exactly what man is now; without God. If I asked, what you would be without owning a tiger, would not the answer be, what you are now (since I suppose you do not own a tiger)?

But there are some with and a part of God even if god here is just the attainment of that which it is to be Man.
Would Man exist without God at least as a belief and a certainty for some to be what it is to be Man?
You cannot say that man would be man without the basic construct of what it means to be a servant a recipient in receipt of something rather than master of all the receiver the receptacle of nothing but what it has. rather than what we are always running towards which is completeness and God fulfills this need, we know we are not whole else we would not be looking for something to fill ourselves with.
To be upheld to be accountable to be able to be judged means there has always been a God presence, we have never really judged ourselves by our own standards we had to believe that they were set to a high order to a high reason and a higher cause and reason for being.
For us, rather than all being against us, which nature without God is, nature is against us, it is only for us if it was created for us to be in before to be caretaker rather than slave. To look after the self as well as the space, to look after the nature of things, rather than nature damn and try to kill us at its every opportunity, nature is only not brutal if it was meant to be tamed, meant to be looked after, tended. God makes us unafraid of nature, else nature would rule us rather than we at least trying to subdue and hold back the tides.
With out God man is never free nor able to see himself thus. Even just free of what God requires.
To be better means to be able to be something more than the sum of the parts that have no real distinction or destination. But up?
Up where and why bother if it isn't for something more than just ourselves more than just me, God teaches us to care for more than just the 'I'? Because we are being viewed we feel guilt and all those wonderful emotions that hold any society together.
The stupid need to be tamed and God has done this, (we all by the way are stupid or capable of stupidness).
I believe we would have ended ourselves long before if we had not found God to be our first conception, that we are servant means that we can see there is freedom by the fact we know we dont nor ever will have it.
Without God there would be no man left to count or measure. Small groups perhaps, they dont call it 'mass' for no good reason.
Man would never have become man without a reason to be better than alone. We cant survive alone a given but alone is the only way the man without God knows how to be. Self preservation over the family, we would be loners we would be bachelors and as we go into an age where we think we can choose if there is a God or not the thing called family is doomed and so say all society.
Feed F**k Fight,
or am i just the bleakest man alone there ever was but for my constructor God?Smile
Tell me I am wrong and show me how, that is what this question is about.

I get what you mean about 'if' there is no God then man would be as is without God because God does not exist does not make us unexist, but firstly what if there is God and secondly there has been and always will be God because we have evolved and become man society sociable because of this belief, so to say even that God does not exist as an entity does not take away the fact since our time immemorial we have become man because we believed their is a God, God is and always be part of our mix, it is how we are as now constructed, you could say we constructed God so we were able to survive and to grow, it is only recently that we have given ourselves the choice that there is no such entity as God, but this does not nor can it erase the fact of God as our influence and reason and reality to man being present in the now first place, to still be now means God at least was.
What would man be without God?
0 Replies