Can things without bodies live?

xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 06:44 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144538 wrote:
Seems you are suggesting the invetion of AI, maybe I'm wrong.

Im not suggesting anything but just need clarification on the subject. Is it complex ability, simple operating skills from simple inputs or consciousness as we know it.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 07:11 am
@xris,
xris;144541 wrote:
Is it complex ability, simple operating skills from simple inputs or consciousness as we know it.
I belive I already explained the premesis for these questions.
xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 07:18 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144551 wrote:
I belive I already explained the premesis for these questions.
High levels of consciousness, is what you said, what high levels? my dog has high levels of consciousness, that high?
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:23 am
@xris,
xris;144557 wrote:
High levels of consciousness, is what you said, what high levels? my dog has high levels of consciousness, that high?
It's when an AI operates independantly, and can invent and thereby deviate from ordinary low lvl AI's whcih only behave in a predictable manner.

Observing present chat bots, they can only operate within a very narrow frame, they can understand few certain pharses, but having an intelligent conversation is impossible, as it has an inability to learn and thereby can't understand new words, pharses and concepts, it has only it's basic knowledge from the programmers.

I will deem it semi concious, because it can activly respond to peoples input, and have fooled many naive male chatters to give these girl chatbots their phone number, and have heavily flirted with them.

If you have played some RTS games, you will see AI's, often very poorly programmed, but some like WC3's AI are quite good, even though it can beat very skilled players, it has still a sever limit that will put it under a dog, which can't even play.
Dogs can think abstract, which AI's can't. A dog can precive and respond to situations which it has never encounterd before, which this WC3 AI can't.

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but seems good in this case of conversating with you. High lvl of conciousness, rely upon the ability to precive and respond, the ability to learn.
xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:01 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144585 wrote:
It's when an AI operates independantly, and can invent and thereby deviate from ordinary low lvl AI's whcih only behave in a predictable manner.

Observing present chat bots, they can only operate within a very narrow frame, they can understand few certain pharses, but having an intelligent conversation is impossible, as it has an inability to learn and thereby can't understand new words, pharses and concepts, it has only it's basic knowledge from the programmers.

I will deem it semi concious, because it can activly respond to peoples input, and have fooled many naive male chatters to give these girl chatbots their phone number, and have heavily flirted with them.

If you have played some RTS games, you will see AI's, often very poorly programmed, but some like WC3's AI are quite good, even though it can beat very skilled players, it has still a sever limit that will put it under a dog, which can't even play.
Dogs can think abstract, which AI's can't. A dog can precive and respond to situations which it has never encounterd before, which this WC3 AI can't.

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but seems good in this case of conversating with you. High lvl of conciousness, rely upon the ability to precive and respond, the ability to learn.
So its a bit like trained monkey,with a nappy, diaper, on? Nothing like a humans ability?
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:36 am
@xris,
xris;144596 wrote:
So its a bit like trained monkey,with a nappy, diaper, on? Nothing like a humans ability?
People in vegetative state, unable to move anything, mouth, body ..etc, still can be perfectly concious. It is the brain activity that defines the counciousness, not our ability to scratch and itch.
xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:45 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144602 wrote:
People in vegetative state, unable to move anything, mouth, body ..etc, still can be perfectly concious. It is the brain activity that defines the counciousness, not our ability to scratch and itch.
Dont divert the debate, Im trying to find out your opinion on consciousness not battle with you.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:11 am
@xris,
xris;144607 wrote:
Dont divert the debate, Im trying to find out your opinion on consciousness not battle with you.
No, you are mistaken, to know something also involves the definition, as in knowing all possible scenarios of the definition, what it is, and what it isn't.
xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:55 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144614 wrote:
No, you are mistaken, to know something also involves the definition, as in knowing all possible scenarios of the definition, what it is, and what it isn't.

But you claim IT can be acheived in ten years...what can?
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:08 am
@xris,
xris;144638 wrote:
But you claim IT can be acheived in ten years...what can?
Are you trifling with me? You ask questions which should be self explanatory and quite obvious!
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:40 am
@HexHammer,
Are not virusses life form with no body ?
I see body as self-supporting organism
xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:11 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144644 wrote:
Are you trifling with me? You ask questions which should be self explanatory and quite obvious!
Are you being obtuse on purpose? You make a claim but dont define that claim. I ask you but you refuse to answer. What is this consciousness that will be created in ten years time, is it the same as human consciousness, now please answer, pretty please?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:43 pm
@xris,
xris;144674 wrote:
Are you being obtuse on purpose? You make a claim but dont define that claim. I ask you but you refuse to answer. What is this consciousness that will be created in ten years time, is it the same as human consciousness, now please answer, pretty please?

I did not get the meaning of obt... something. Go get librarian now.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 02:02 pm
@xris,
xris;144674 wrote:
AAARRR!!!!!! With a great chance to lose sanity, I'll continue ..sob!

Well I just estimate that AI will be reasonable programmed in 10 years, for robots/androids to have enough consiousness to be considerd "consious" and not some dumb metal thing that roams aimlessly around and hardly can do the even most basic human things.

Maybe you should deepen your quetions, that would help me better explain myself.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 03:08 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144780 wrote:

Well I just estimate that AI will be reasonable programmed in 10 years, for robots/androids to have enough consiousness to be considerd "consious" and not some dumb metal thing that roams aimlessly around and hardly can do the even most basic human things.

Maybe you should deepen your quetions, that would help me better explain myself.

With AI you mean Alien Intelligence I hope.
Laughing
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 03:27 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144780 wrote:

This debate is becoming circular. What is consciousness as described by your prophetic claims ? How is it compared to human consciousness...now how in the hell are you going to avoid this question yet again???????????????????
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 03:34 pm
@xris,
xris;144819 wrote:
This debate is becoming circular. What is consciousness as described by your prophetic claims ? How is it compared to human consciousness...now how in the hell are you going to avoid this question yet again???????????????????
Dude, what I say is the basic operational premesis, whilst you wants a 200 page PhD scribble ..spelling every thing out beyond what I can do for you. What I have given you is the very basic algorithms that imo answers your questions satisfyingly.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 03:37 pm
@xris,
What somebody said about awareness of time as a common ground. A Computer is not Time consious.

I think we have more change meeting ET than IT
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 04:21 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;144822 wrote:
Dude, what I say is the basic operational premesis, whilst you wants a 200 page PhD scribble ..spelling every thing out beyond what I can do for you. What I have given you is the very basic algorithms that imo answers your questions satisfyingly.
Well you have refused to answer the question yet again. I will leave you to your pointless statements. Thanks xris

---------- Post added 03-27-2010 at 05:24 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;144824 wrote:
What somebody said about awareness of time as a common ground. A Computer is not Time consious.

I think we have more change meeting ET than IT
Or smell a rose and write a poem abouts beauty. My central heating knows its time for bed but it wont tell me a bed time story.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 04:34 pm
@xris,
xris;144848 wrote:
Well you have refused to answer the question yet again. I will leave you to your pointless statements. Thanks xris

---------- Post added 03-27-2010 at 05:24 PM ----------

Or smell a rose and write a poem abouts beauty. My central heating knows its time for bed but it wont tell me a bed time story.
0 Replies