Bombs In Turkey - A Result Of Israel Being Incited Against?

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 12:34 pm
Although the militant Turkish group Great Eastern Islamic Raiders' Front (IBDA/C) claimed responsibility for the suicide car bombings of this morning in Istanbul, it's still not clear, who really has been behind these terrible suicide attacks.

Turkish officials are sceptical about the claim and are examining whether foreign groups were behind the attack.

"An incident of such a scale might not be just the work of a domestic organisation," said Turkish Interior Minister Abdulkadir Aksu.

However:
According to the 'Jerusalem Post' and news-agencies, Israel's Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said that the way Israel was being portrayed on the European continent could not be disconnected from Saturday's attacks. He said Israel was being incited against, and incitement leads to physical terror.

[Five out of the twenty dead, btw, were of Jewish belief (including a Muslim husband of a Jewish women). And from the 260 wounded, 60 were Jewish.]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 546 • Replies: 7
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 12:57 pm
Hmmmm....so Bush's adventure sure seems to have diminished world wide terror, doesn't it?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:03 pm
Well at least it's being aimed at non-Americans -- suppose the reaction could be that the rest of the world will begin escalating their parcipation in the war on terror? I have a feeling it isn't going to be sending troops into Iraq. Bush and Co. really was stirred up a nest of hornets. Whether he has enough exterminator power to win is another story. Of course, he could always call on The Terminator.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:10 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Well at least it's being aimed at non-Americans -- suppose the reaction could be that the rest of the world will begin escalating their parcipation in the war on terror? I have a feeling it isn't going to be sending troops into Iraq. Bush and Co. really was stirred up a nest of hornets. Whether he has enough exterminator power to win is another story. Of course, he could always call on The Terminator.

The comment
"Well at least it's being aimed at non-Americans"
is probably the way most of the illiterate Fox watching population in this country feels, and this is very sad.
I have actually been rather glad that Turkey refused to send in troops. As much as I dislike our bumbling fuhrer, I would hate to see him also saddled with responsibility for enabling a Kurdish genocide.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:12 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Well at least it's being aimed at non-Americans

And, according to the Israelian Foreign Minister, it's not Anti-Americanism but reasoned somewhat with the way, Europe deals with Israel.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 02:41 pm
I was, of course, being sarcastic in emulating a FOX news commentator! Ultimately, it's still a stab at America -- they're showing that nobody is really safe and I believe it's a prelude to an attack again on our soil. I don't see how it can eventually be avoided.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 02:48 pm
But the current administration would, I'm sure, be more than happy to aid such an attack if it happened in October of 2004. "Cancel the elections...we got ourselves a crisis!"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 04:20 pm
Lightwizard
Quote:
Bush and Co. really has stirred up a nest of hornets

I do not see a relationship between the war in Iraq and this bombing. It is just a continuation of the Islamic war against the Jews.
Will it aid in the fight against worldwide Islamic terrorism. Oddly enough yes since it will enlist more nations to actively participate.
Saudi Arabia for instance an active supporter of terrorist activity has changed course when subjected to terrorist bombing.
0 Replies