Useless Advancement

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 06:14 pm
I want conflict!
Life is so boring now that we people don't need to do anything. Like, everyone would be so woeful and plaintive if it wasn't for the drugs pumped into us.
Initially, everyone liked the laziness. We slept a lot; still do, just like cats. But it seems we have lost our ability to ponder and intrigue along the way. Contemporary times, but no contemporary...what rhymes with times?
It is considered now that I'm the only philosopher left-because of my vocabulary, thoughts, and questions. It is a crime, haha. I am waiting for the superiors to kill me now. I'm scared, but no repentance in me can be found. Will my death be symbolic of something? Yes. The death of wisdom.
You'd think people would be repulsed by the repellent status quo. No they aren't; they can't even read this- they can't even read.
Progeny only with the help of robots and machines. Prolific people produce babies for consumption, the only way to control the population. When everyone belongs to the same communion, no one can think for themselves. But Hey! That's the 30th century! That's life!
No it's not life. No one is living; no one is alive.
We should have payed attention to the earlier presage. The bulk of life artfully mesmerized by the TV. The TV is a god.
Where are we heading? What is there left to do?
They're coming for me now. God. Not their god, but my own. God.

by, <ole
3-21-10

English class essay! chooo chooooooo :Glasses:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 722 • Replies: 5
No top replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:36 pm
@mister kitten,
Go play some real time strategy games. If you gets to be hihgly ranked, you may realize much about life.
0 Replies

Ascendere

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:43 pm
@mister kitten,
Lol that was aweosme. I think we all feel like thats ometimes. It seems human intellectuality and potential is fading into a swirl of gtechnology and comfortable sheep lives.Isnt that why we philosopphers are here though, to guide ourbretheren out out of the cave, to transcend the merely mundane and enrich both our lives and our planet?
HexHammer

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:47 pm
@Ascendere,
Ascendere;142440 wrote:
Lol that was aweosme. I think we all feel like thats ometimes. It seems human intellectuality and potential is fading into a swirl of gtechnology and comfortable sheep lives.Isnt that why we philosopphers are here though, to guide ourbretheren out out of the cave, to transcend the merely mundane and enrich both our lives and our planet?
Maybe for me, it's more like inspire eachother with options of paths. There are rarely just 1 path that leads to enlightment, happiness ..etc
Each path hold different values, and we all seek different thing from eachothers.

Some like what other hates, other hates what other likes.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:10 am
@mister kitten,
And if we are bored, does that tell us more about ourselves than the world? Iron bars and thick walls do not a prison make, but it is often either a self-indulgent mood or the force of habit that keeps us confined to what we take for granted.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:50 am
@Ascendere,
Ascendere;142440 wrote:

No one wants to hear it - not only because philosophy in general isn't considered by the masses to net any advice of value, but moreso because the swirl in which we live (read rich, over consuming western industrialized nations) is convenient, dumbing, numbing and distracting. Humans are creatures of Perceived Necessity; where they perceive no payoff to read, debate, learn, understand or toil - they wont.

... it's more of a testament to human nature under certain conditions than an editorial damning any one set of people, truth be told. This is an issue I've been working through quite a bit these days.

Thanks
0 Replies