Getting to sleep

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 06:41 pm
Sleep is very nice.
What is the first sense to go while sleeping? I've been wondering this lately. At first I thought it was sight, but then I argued that you still see dots and lines and all that (or maybe that's just me?). I'm wondering whether they all go at once, or they go off somewhere one by one. If they were to go one by one, I think that hearing would be the last to go. Tasting is one of the first to go, for me. It seems more likely that they would all go at once.
They go...wait, where do they go?!!?!?:eek:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 753 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 07:16 pm
@mister kitten,
They don't really go anywhere, just chemical process takes place that lowers the amount of data input or processing by the brain. The same happens to your structural motor functions to prevent you from "walking" in your sleep. (not talking about sleep walking, different phenomena) They are never actually completely reduced, so I would probably say that they vary on which reduce first and by how much.
0 Replies

Lily

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:55 pm
@mister kitten,
The hearing! At least when I'm in the car and try to sleep when we're on a bumpy road. The world goes silent and then I wake up because there was a big stone on the road.:Not-Impressed:
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:58 pm
@mister kitten,
I can not, for the life of me, fall asleep in cars. It's quite impossible.
0 Replies

Lily

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 02:02 pm
@mister kitten,
And I can't stay awake in a semi-warm car on a bumpy road, it's quite impossible for me:). It makes me so tired, it's unbelivable.
0 Replies