other intelligent species

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:30 pm
@TheSubrbnCowboy,
TheSubrbnCowboy;140443 wrote:
Only those life forms haven't established worldwide governmental organizations, and if we ever were presented with a species that posed a threat to our dominance, we'd be much more likely to stamp it out than to accept it.

If you doubt me on this, then ask yourself what you'd do if you were to wake up one night and find a wild animal in your home. You wouldn't try to accept it or reason with it, you'd try to get it out of your home by any means possible, and as an intelligent human, you'd succeed.

We've evolved beyond that point that other species can stand up to us. We are in control.

All that is correct for planet earth, but there might be civilizations so far advanced when compared to ours that New York City or Philadelphia might be thought of as an antheap
TheSubrbnCowboy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:42 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;140446 wrote:
All that is correct for planet earth, but there might be civilizations so far advanced when compared to ours that New York City or Philadelphia might be thought of as an antheap

That would be a completely valid point if we were dealing with species and civilizations that we haven't yet met, but we haven't.

For thousands of years no species has ever threatened the dominance of the human race, and until that happens, it can't even be regarded as a justification for any sort of action.
0 Replies

sneer

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 12:36 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;140446 wrote:

Well, that's good point.
The distance between a NYC, good educated, rich citizen and a poor nomad of mongolian desert is so big, that we may talk about different species, even if the basic definition of the species is fulfilled (I mean the possibility of reproduction).
0 Replies

En1gma

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:32 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;140202 wrote:
Only our large brains and hands with an apposing thumb separates us from the higher life forms such as apes and wales.

Put the most powerful human naked in a cage with a grizzly bear and you will see is as a funny puny little naked ape unable to defend itself

How about i just armbar this grizzly bear? x]
0 Replies