Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:13 am
you know when people tell you about seeing a ghost or something, you always have that doubt, because you can never be sure whether or not they dreamt it, are making it up and actually believe it or what. well, i have some freaky **** that i know is true, only because i had my brother verify the exact, repeating events growing up.

between the ages of say, 5 to maybe 9 or 11, i used to get up early in the mornings and run to the tv room to watch cartoons. now, these events only happened when i was alone. what i saw was a purple blur sometimes in my peripheral vision. sometimes i was quick enough to turn my head and see a human silhouette figure standing in the room near the doorway or near a corner. its outline was perfect from the body shape to the fingers, however, there were no other details. it was a purple silhouette. it would then move out of the room or into a dark area of the room and disappear. sometimes the dog [a dalmatian named 'mutley'] would growl with his heckles up and move his head across the room as if he were watching something. i couldn't see the thing at these times.

now, the freaky bit is this: one day, i was having a beer with my brother [we were adults then Smile ] and he said to me [not exact], "you know, when i was small, and used to get up in the mornings early, i sometimes saw a purple man in the house." he went on to describe the same things i saw EXACTLY. now, we never mentioned this thing to each other ever, so, unless this was some type of immense coincidence and for some reason children see the colour purple [and human silhouettes] in the mornings, i did see something real.

any ideas? thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 16,955 • Replies: 23
No top replies

salima

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:38 am
@TurboLung,
i think kids can see something adults cant and when they are told there is nothing there they stop seeing. my brother saw something he called 'the black puppet' like a cloth hand puppet, only bigger, covered with a black cloth. i never saw him that scared in all my life, and when he told our dad, dad was mad as hell and told him he made it up. but i knew he didnt. and he would never ever say 'yeah right dad, i made it up, sorry'. he must have been barely old enough to talk, and i was two years older. we were both terrified of our dad. to this day, if i was to mention it to him i think he would turn grey and not say anything at all...

by the way, is there some reason you posted this in the thread philosophy of religion?
xris

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:55 am
@salima,
I'm just waiting for the usual explanation from the die-hards that all our experiences can be placed in the delusional pile.Expect the explanation of how memories of childhood events can be exaggerated by time and the retelling.The certainties we experience must in them selves make us more open to others witness.Ive found that very few who have had an usual experiences discount others and by so doing keep an open mind on most subjects of a spiritual nature.Its not always a desire, more a need to explain.Your experience like others is a burden and gift.
Zetetic11235

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:19 pm
@xris,
This interests me, just to hear the stories more than anything, since it reminds me of shadow people.

Here are some links:

Shadow people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unexplained Mysteries :: Shadow people phenomena

Whether it is something in the human psychology that manifests as this or an actual being(which I personally don't believe, but I'm not concerned with taking up sides here), I can only say that it seems universal enough to be of interest to many people.
0 Replies

TurboLung

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:07 pm
@salima,
salima;68556 wrote:
i think kids can see something adults cant and when they are told there is nothing there they stop seeing.

yes, my brother and i stopped seeing these when we got older. another interesting fact is that the purple man was only ever seen in the mornings.

salima;68556 wrote:
by the way, is there some reason you posted this in the thread philosophy of religion?

well, maybe it was some kind of spirit? i don't know. i was also hoping to see if the colour purple had any religious meaning.

Quote:
This interests me, just to hear the stories more than anything, since it reminds me of shadow people.

interesting. these articles mention "silhouette", "featurless people" and "quick movements", which is how i would describe our sightings. maybe other people have seen similar things. but why did my brother and i see the same thing and also have the same colour? and why purple of all colours!!!!
salima

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:31 pm
@TurboLung,
TurboLung;68665 wrote:
yes, my brother and i stopped seeing these when we got older. another interesting fact is that the purple man was only ever seen in the mornings.

well, maybe it was some kind of spirit? i don't know. i was also hoping to see if the colour purple had any religious meaning.

interesting. these articles mention "silhouette", "featurless people" and "quick movements", which is how i would describe our sightings. maybe other people have seen similar things. but why did my brother and i see the same thing and also have the same colour? and why purple of all colours!!!!

yes, purple has a very spiritual significance in a lot of traditions. when i meditate, or used to, i would see these purple forms, sort of shapeshifting geometrical but asymetrical forms going round and round-i called it my 'screensaver'. and sometimes it would appear when i was doing yoga, and even sometimes it would show up when my eyes were open. have no idea what it was though.

and as for the shadow people, i saw those in a particular house i used to live in. i know a man died there...and the shadow used to come from behind me and sort of come around as though it were going to grab hold of me-but it didnt move quickly, it moved slowly. i figured it was just some eye problem since my eyesight has always been horrible.

however, i also see huge big birds flying around all the time, and when i turn in their direction they fly away-but those are just floaters. they tell me it will stop when i have cataract surgery. so the shadow people i saw could be just some silly thing like that.
TurboLung

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:55 pm
@salima,
salima;68699 wrote:
yes, purple has a very spiritual significance in a lot of traditions. when i meditate, or used to, i would see these purple forms, sort of shapeshifting geometrical but asymetrical forms going round and round-i called it my 'screensaver'. and sometimes it would appear when i was doing yoga, and even sometimes it would show up when my eyes were open. have no idea what it was though.

and as for the shadow people, i saw those in a particular house i used to live in. i know a man died there...and the shadow used to come from behind me and sort of come around as though it were going to grab hold of me-but it didnt move quickly, it moved slowly. i figured it was just some eye problem since my eyesight has always been horrible.

however, i also see huge big birds flying around all the time, and when i turn in their direction they fly away-but those are just floaters. they tell me it will stop when i have cataract surgery. so the shadow people i saw could be just some silly thing like that.

very interesting. maybe i was in a medatative state early in the mornings and saw the colour purple. wierd though that my brother saw the same figure, as clear as a bell - like i said, even the fingers were defined.
Zetetic11235

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 12:03 am
@TurboLung,
No one is interested in the fact that this is a well documented phenomena? There are a lot of interesting stories similar to yours linked up to it. I think that you might be interested to at least see the different theories and stories that pertain to this phenomena.
TurboLung

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 01:14 am
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235;68706 wrote:
No one is interested in the fact that this is a well documented phenomena? There are a lot of interesting stories similar to yours linked up to it. I think that you might be interested to at least see the different theories and stories that pertain to this phenomena.

i have been reading about the shadow people all day and have sent the links to my brother. we are very interested and thank you for the lead Smile
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:00 am
@TurboLung,
It was Umo. He told me. He says he's sorry.
Deckard

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:18 am
@Reconstructo,
That's some freaky **** indeed. Sounds like one of the shadow people allright.
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 04:20 am
@TurboLung,
"rashness be praised" -- let the ninth son of the most high n2 yer life! and also drink Monster....(paid for by Pepsico.)
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 08:57 pm
@TurboLung,
Umo is Lord. Stop, drop, and roll in the truth of it. Purple man on top. Meatwad is number 2. I'm their human ambassador.

He's got lazy 8s in his eyes, does Umo. He's got reversible velcro thighs.
0 Replies

Marat phil

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:55 pm
@TurboLung,
variants of explanation.

Children have much more sinaps and communications between neurons, than adults. When the person matures, old inefficient neural networks are gradually disconnected. Therefore we lose sharpness of sensations and taste to life. The electronic impulse in rich networks of the child can casually activate not-target (parallel cluster) networks and constellations, calling "waking dreams". Dreams on real it not hallucinations. It is physiological phenomenon.

In 1993 (5 years) I saw the ufo-humanoid when me carried in kindergarten.
0 Replies

RitaSnow

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 05:41 am
@TurboLung,
I have a 5 y.o. daughter, she told me yesterday early morning that she talked to the purple man that lays on her bed. He told her to tell jokes, and he is funny. That the funniest joke is "TOILET!" and she laughs alot.. She has never spoken of a purple man before. She said he wears a purple hat and has purple shoes, that she saw him laying on her bed. We live 5 K from the nearest neighbor and she and I were the only ones in the house. What do you make of it?
jovie

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:38 am
@RitaSnow,
Pineapple in the Mole is like Fire in the Hole was to me

0 Replies

jacoeato

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 01:26 pm
@TurboLung,
When I was 6 I walked into the kitchen in my house in Florida to pour some water, since I was scared anyway I just left the light off to make the whole event quicker (makes sense right?) I opened the fridge and was pouring the water and felt something looking at me. When I looked to my right I saw what I called "the purple man" peering at me from behind the refrigerator, all I remember is black eyes and long fingers. This was not just a silhouette, and I have never been so scared in my life. Years later and 1000 miles away a friend told me he'd seen the same thing in his living room staring at him BEFORE I had told him my story. I am now 23 and still cannot be around anything that can be hidden behind when I'm alone. A lot of semi similar experiences are documented online, but none quite like what I saw.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:22 pm
@TurboLung,
Here's a thought:
I have a brother that is almost two years younger than me. We are both in our thirties now, and growing up, we spent a lot of time together.
Sometimes we talk about that time, and it has happened that he told a story about me, only to have me object with "wait a minute, that happened to you, not me". And then we talk it out and sometimes we reach an agreement.
My point is merely that my brother and I shared so many experiences, and so much time has gone by since then, that sometimes memories mislead us. I can have a memory of something happening to me, when it actually happened to my brother, and vice versa. Sometimes our parents tell stories, and mix up which one of us the stories happened to. My point is just that memory isn't always accurate. It is possible that you or your brother remember the story of the purple man because one of you imagined it, and the ocean of time between then and now has altered that impression until it seems it was an experience you both had. Not saying this is how it is, just that this might be what is going on.
0 Replies

claudene

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 03:45 am
@TurboLung,
Tell me what exactly where you smoking? or drinking? just a joke. haha
0 Replies

blizzardesigns

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 12:37 am
@TurboLung,
I think i literally saw it today, recently learning to use my defocused vision to see these type of things it was really obvious. More of a blue/purple color silhouette, the reason i think you related this to religion is because i once saw that movie the devils advocate, and the guy turns blue/purple at one part revealing his astral body so i'm not gonna jump to any conclusions but yeah.
0 Replies