My opinion on love

Paggos

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:39 am
Love in itself is not really a long lasting care for somebody, moreorless it is when two entities are combined and to prove it, im going to say this. If you hurt your partner, true love would say you'd be hurting them too, or even more which proves my theory on mutual relations in that respect. I also believe that true love is actually divine and forever lasting, it is not temporary, it is eternal.

~Sorry if i'm a little bit rusty, i'm 14 and i didn't have a lot of time to type this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:50 am
@Paggos,
Can I be the one who stolen the message?

I really doubt such a thing as true love exists. Why do I make such a claim? Because our emotions are fleeting, ever changing and influential by our environment and biology. I've seen so many cases where supposed in love people kill each other after ten years or so of marriage. Some might write that off as just a fluke or scoff and say they didn't have true love then. "No one who has true love would ever harm their love." Are you sure this is true?

I can also make the case outside the true love based on a couple. Where a grandmother plotted to murder her granddaughter to protect her son. Let me give you a moment to absorb that last sentence. Why did this woman plot to kill her own granddaughter of eight years of age? Because her son was molesting her and to protect her son from going to jail wanted to silence the young girl from being a witness at his trial. If that isn't love I don't know what is. The sad thing is on which half of that story would you want to be on?

If true love exists, it is extremely rare. You would probably be more lucky to win the lottery than have it.
0 Replies

Paggos

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:09 am
@Paggos,
I agree with this statement, infatuation can be masked as love, but it is truely lust.
0 Replies

Lily

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:12 am
@Paggos,
People fall in and out of love all the time. It can be very longlasting, but it could also only be a few hours. I hope that I someday will find love which feels eternal. I hope you do that too:)
0 Replies

Paggos

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:17 am
@Paggos,
Lily, it is a feeling eternal in my opinion, its a feeling that will never die, and if it does you die too physically, but the feeling still thrives to live on.
0 Replies

Lily

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:51 am
@Paggos,
Okey, I know I can't say that eternal love doesn't exist just because I've haven't experienced it or seen it. But it's seems to be rather unusual. It's a very difficult question, we can't prove it and we can't know if what we feel is real. Honestly I don't know what to say. Just keep your positive way of seeing it, then you will most likly find something that at least feels eternal.
richrf

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:09 am
@Lily,
Hi,

For me, love is an attraction. It does not have to be between two people of course. Some people love their homes, their pets, etc. The attraction does come and go, but to some extent, it appears to always be there, e.g. love for parents, not unlike gravity.

Rich
Paggos

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:58 am
@richrf,
That would be considered infatuation a lust in a sense.
Joshy phil

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 01:59 pm
@Paggos,
I believe that to put love into words is near impossible, as surely it is something that is interpretted differently by everyone. In fact, many people do not even know of 'true love', as it is something that they never experience. I have my own take on it all, which I have formulated from experience; the experience of my life.

In many ways, love is a curse, as it is a feeling that, no matter how hard you try, you cannot combat. It can drive you to commit atrocity; it can drive you to insanity. However, through all the negative feelings and thoughts that may come of it, it is probably the best feeling in the entire world.

There is no real specification of what is love and what is not. I guess that, really, it's just something that you know of what it comes around. Sounds strange for a feeling; an emotion, if you could call it that.

I could probably come up with a long list of what love means to me, a series of simple words and phrases that could represent what I know of as 'love' to some degree, but I feel that that is not what this is all about, and is probably not what you would all want to read.

In essence, love is something so special. So so special that those who experience it can be changed forever. It can make you, but it can more easily break you. It makes you fragile, and 'infatuation' can also make you weak.
0 Replies