Intuition and the Collective Unconscious

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:28 am
"You are special, and not like anybody else," we are told when we are young. However, as we grow older, we realize that "every man is created equal," that sharing is caring, and that everyone is part of a community. These two ideas of individuality and community seem to contradict each other. But, as part of the collective unconscious--the universal energy that brings everything together as a whole--each of us has a unique channel that our Intuition tunes in to to inspire us. We are part of the whole, yet each different from one another. So now that there is a distinction that the individual exists as part of the whole, what is the "gatekeeper", or filter, to the access of the universal essence?

more information on concepts (Transcendentalism) at http://transparenteyeballer.blogspot.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 976 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rhinogrey

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 02:11 pm
@proey liao,
proey_liao wrote:
what is the "gatekeeper", or filter, to the access of the universal essence?

"All experience is mediated -- by the mechanisms of sense perception, mentation, language, etc." --Hakim Bey
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 05:55 am
@proey liao,
I don't think there is any "universal essence" or "collective unconsciousness". Sure, it's possible - there's just no reason to ascribe to such a notion (except perhaps out of sheer need or desperate hope). I'm wondering why such fanciful notions are given so much attention - I'd feel awfully silly trying to give these serious consideration.
0 Replies