Human qualities to live without a law

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:42 pm
Law is setup to preserve our right to life, liberty, and property. Those are it's fundamental safekeepings. To be honest, we humans, cannot live a life without law because we posses certain mental traits that keep us from living in a non-systematic world. So, i was thinking, what characteristics and disciplines would we need to embed into our mentality and social being to live in a world without law.

We would need to accept that we all must be equal not in terms of our physiological and physical self but in terms of what we are entitled to. This means most importantly that no one is trying to get over on one another. In the world we live in, everyone is trying to scam and cheat others for the benefits of themselves. If given the opportunity, i'm sure most of us would take from others. This is unfortunate but sadly the truth. Law is set in place to deter our natural mindset to better ourselves at the cost of others. To live without a law, we must accept that no one has any privilege and authority over anyone else. Think of your being more holistically, egocentric minds will steal from other to help themselves, thus the vicious cycle prevails.

Independence. We must learn to be more independent. We must learn to function on our own and survive on our own because when we rely to heavily on each other, laws are put into place to ensure this system of dependencies doesn't falter. I prefer a barter system over this system we have now. I'm a fan of, you do a favor for me and i'll do a favor for you. Beyond that, things get to complicated and that's when arguments and disputes start over technicalities. Our government and system is far too complicated. It doesn't need to be that way. Put aside accommodation and luxuries that don't contribute directly to your mental and physical health, and you don't have to worry about setting up such a complicated system to have access to all these conveniences ect. Learn to live on your own and we don't need a law. This doesn't not mean in anyway not to socially interact with others, just not to depend on them for your needs.

We must learn to live together as one. Share the land, share the resources, it's really not that hard. Don't take too much, but make sure you take enough. Back to what i said before, greed has to be overcome.

Human mental discrepancies make law necessary but we can overcome this disability. With the right mentally we can live peacefully without a law or system.

As i said before just brainstorming, thought it would be an interesting topic. Anyone else have anything to add?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,145 • Replies: 7
No top replies

blogbomber

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:12 pm
@Yogi DMT,
Accountability. One must be accountable for their actions with man and nature. To take responsibility of the outcome whether it is for good or bad.
0 Replies

TheSingingSword

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:16 am
@Yogi DMT,
Yogi DMT;115182 wrote:
Law is setup to preserve our right to life, liberty, and property. Those are it's fundamental safekeepings. To be honest, we humans, cannot live a life without law because we posses certain mental traits that keep us from living in a non-systematic world. So, i was thinking, what characteristics and disciplines would we need to embed into our mentality and social being to live in a world without law.

We would need to accept that we all must be equal not in terms of our physiological and physical self but in terms of what we are entitled to. This means most importantly that no one is trying to get over on one another. In the world we live in, everyone is trying to scam and cheat others for the benefits of themselves. If given the opportunity, i'm sure most of us would take from others. This is unfortunate but sadly the truth. Law is set in place to deter our natural mindset to better ourselves at the cost of others. To live without a law, we must accept that no one has any privilege and authority over anyone else. Think of your being more holistically, egocentric minds will steal from other to help themselves, thus the vicious cycle prevails.

Independence. We must learn to be more independent. We must learn to function on our own and survive on our own because when we rely to heavily on each other, laws are put into place to ensure this system of dependencies doesn't falter. I prefer a barter system over this system we have now. I'm a fan of, you do a favor for me and i'll do a favor for you. Beyond that, things get to complicated and that's when arguments and disputes start over technicalities. Our government and system is far too complicated. It doesn't need to be that way. Put aside accommodation and luxuries that don't contribute directly to your mental and physical health, and you don't have to worry about setting up such a complicated system to have access to all these conveniences ect. Learn to live on your own and we don't need a law. This doesn't not mean in anyway not to socially interact with others, just not to depend on them for your needs.

We must learn to live together as one. Share the land, share the resources, it's really not that hard. Don't take too much, but make sure you take enough. Back to what i said before, greed has to be overcome.

Human mental discrepancies make law necessary but we can overcome this disability. With the right mentally we can live peacefully without a law or system.

As i said before just brainstorming, thought it would be an interesting topic. Anyone else have anything to add?

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with the highlighted portion. I believe our system of laws allows people to be unethical without qualm, as they reassure themselves with the knowledge that what they are doing is "legal".

To simply take the point of respect, look at inner-city culture versus suburban culture. Disrespect is far more rampant in the suburbs, where people feel there are no consequences to their poor manners. After all, being rude is not "against the law." Try behaving this way in the inner-city, and you will likely die there, and rightfully so.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:26 am
@TheSingingSword,
TheSingingSword;116312 wrote:
I have to disagree wholeheartedly with the highlighted portion. I believe our system of laws allows people to be unethical without qualm, as they reassure themselves with the knowledge that what they are doing is "legal".

To simply take the point of respect, look at inner-city culture versus suburban culture. Disrespect is far more rampant in the suburbs, where people feel there are no consequences to their poor manners. After all, being rude is not "against the law." Try behaving this way in the inner-city, and you will likely die there, and rightfully so.

That the law does not deter people from being rude does not mean that it does not deter people from stealing.
TheSingingSword

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 10:39 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;116316 wrote:
That the law does not deter people from being rude does not mean that it does not deter people from stealing.

It may deter shoplifting, or larceny, but it sanctions other forms of stealing.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 11:13 am
@TheSingingSword,
TheSingingSword;116349 wrote:
It may deter shoplifting, or larceny, but it sanctions other forms of stealing.

"Sanctions"? How? But, in any case, even if it fails to deter one kind of bad behavior, it does deter other kinds of bad behavior. Moreover, the notion of rudeness is probably too vague and subjective to pass a law about that would be constitutional.
0 Replies

bmcreider

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:13 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I agree with YogiDMT - as you usually have posts I like anyways.

Especially education, but anywho...

Humans, on average, as a society, are very immature. They seek instant gratification, have shallow, short sighted objectives, and most importantly - they have no self discipline, no desire to change.

Until that day comes when, as a society, we almost instinctively have trained ourselves by a certain age to actually abide by the "Golden rule" instead of falsely praise it but not practice it - we will be a society dictated by laws, laws given to us (these days) by people who are as guilty as the citizens they govern.

(For example, tax cheats legislating tax policy)

I expect to hear disagreement regarding my "pessimistic" (I'd say, realistic) view of humanity as it is today. But - remember, we the members on this forum, or the friends and family we have are not representative of the average person.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 03:21 pm
@Yogi DMT,
As humans can undergo trauma and therefore change behavior, like headinjury, seeing a child die because of carelesness, moral laws and good upbringing may have a high chance of failure.
Therefore selfregulating societies may fail in the long run, and laws is the best lasting regulator of societies.
0 Replies