Living to prolong life

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 06:46 pm
Now this may sound like a confusing statement. But setting aside the idea that to ascend we must die and for the purposes of this idea, let's say this earthly life that we're living is the only one. Some of us spend most of our life even our whole life living in fear and being overly cautious. Therefore we are spending our only life trying to prolong our existence. We could spend every waking moment in extreme caution up to our dying day. This just doesn't make sense to me. Living life to it's fullest seems like an appropriate statement to describe the way i believe you should go about your life. Now let's make sure we draw the line between just being plain reckless and practically searching for death, and then just living your life with out many of the constricts and limits. Life is all about risks, that is how we grow. Humanity's evolution thrives off the failures we endure. Our society and environment has become so safe that almost anything involving risk is either illegal or wrong. When we only have one life, making it the most fulfilling you possibly can seems to make the most sense to me. Living in a bubble is unhealthy and will only cause our lives to become more boring and repetitive. By our society's standards and expectations everyone is expected to be raised to adulthood by your parents, being spoon fed everything you want along the way and then go off to get a job, live your life and then of course, pass away. That's not to say that there are some people out there that manage to really and truly live life. But for the average person, the lifestyle is extremely ordinary. If you were to try and avoid every possible cause of death, you would not function. There are so many things to fear, you cannot possibly avoid every little thing. I say, why not just live your life and and don't let fear and caution take over and control every aspect of your life. To conclude, back to my original statement, i believe that you should live to grow and contribute regardless of the dangers and perils, instead of spending your valuable time trying to avoid and imminent demise. Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 03:51 am
@Yogi DMT,
For me I know what to do when my life becomes too routine and ordinary-step out of my comfort zone. I think many people are not willing to do this. For me life is taking risks, calculating risks because it brings about a whole word of choices and opportunites, kinda snow balls. It's like fear of death, i dont want to die even at 96, (I plan to die at this age), but you spend so much time living in fear of it that when it does inevitably come knocking you've wasted all that time living in fear and now you're goiung to die, was it worth it? I think i have a healthy fear of death but why spend time worrying about it when life is for living, wouldn't it be weird if the reverse happened that when you die you fear living! Sorry folks in one of those funny moods today.
0 Replies

rhinogrey

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 09:30 pm
@Yogi DMT,
Death anxiety is an inherent quality of life.

Life is constant motion rebelling against non-existence.

Death anxiety is a mechanism for evolution, adaptation, the Will to power.

Death is what necessitates our individual existence.
0 Replies

ltdaleadergt

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:04 am
@Yogi DMT,
Who was it that said I hope I die with a loud Bang?
0 Replies