Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 07:44 pm
The graphic novel or the movie.

Graphic novel:

"Things have their shape in time, not space alone. Some marble blocks have statues within them, embedded in their future." - Jon Osterman, Chapter IV

"Without me, things would have been different. If the fat man hadn't crushed the watch, if I hadn't left [the fixed watch] in the test chamber. Am I to blame then? Or my father for chosing my career? Which of us is responsible? Who makes the world? Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. Perhaps it is, always has been, always will be there. A clock without a craftsman."

"God exists- and he's American." -Professor Milton Glass

"Raped. Tortured. Killed. Here. In New York. Outside her own apartment building. Almost forty neighbors heard screams. Nobody did anything. Nobody called cops. Some of them even watched. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Some of them even watched. I knew what people were then, behind all the evasions, all the self-deception. Ashamed for humanity, I went home, I took the remains of her unwanted dress and made a face that I could bear to look at in the mirror."
Walter Kovacs/Rorschach - Chapter VI - commenting on how he got his mask and what motivated him to be a masked hero.

"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate taht butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us." Rorschach- Chapter VI

"I sat on the bed. I looked at the Rorschach blot. I tried to pretend it looked like a spreading tree, shadows pooled beneath it, but it didn't. It looked more like a dead cat I once found, the fat, glistening grubs writhing blindly, squirming over eachother, frantically tunelling away from the light. But even that is avoiding the real horror. The horror is this: in the end it is simply a picture of empty meaningless blackness. We are alone. There is nothing else" - Dr. Malcolm Long

Movie:

"A symbolic clock is about as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man" - Jon Osterman, during TV interview
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,515 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Jose phil

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:29 pm
@The Dude phil phil,
Seeing that The_Dude is a fan of Dr Manhattan, here's a quote from him:

"A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts."
Joe

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 06:26 am
@Jose phil,
I always liked this qoute, I think its from Dr. Manhattan:

"Your mind goes to dark places, and you wonder why I keep the rest from you."

That to me is a good summary of the Elite mind set.
0 Replies