Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 08:36 am
There once was a warrior called Big Bear named after his size who had lost his queen. He travelled to the woods to seek her and came to a cottage surrounded by a vast river. Knowing the queen was there he did not know how to cross the river for there was no bridge, he looked around and had an idea, he threw big rocks into the river and waited. Seeing the rocks the queen passed over but Big Bear wasn't there, the animals led her down a path until eventually she came to a cave, the warrior was waiting inside.
"Come in queen", he said and sit by the hearth. She sat down by an unlit fire surrounded by a small circle and Big Bear picked up one of the rocks, "somtimes" he said, "you have to chip away the rock to find the gem inside." "And somtimes" said the queen, "all you find his dust."

"Why did you desert me?" she asked the warrior. "You fell from grace" replied Big bear." "You let me", she said, "I looked over my shoulder and you wasn't there, gone!" The warrior looked at the queen and rose his mighty sword above his head and said, "come queen lets ride into battle together and I will never forsake you again." "You sure", she said, "I mean you are a man aint you", (sorry, joke). "I'll pretend I never heard that" he said, and with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye, he lifted her up onto his horse and they rode back to the castle.
The End.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 12
No top replies

xris

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 08:40 am
@Caroline,
One day your prince will come, Caroline.Just be aware of his bear faced lies.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 08:42 am
@Caroline,
Lol loud xris, think I've been there already.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 10:41 am
@Caroline,
I think the good part was about to begin at the end...

I honestly think people love being lied to even though they will openly admit they dislike lying or dishonesty. We are obsessed with non-reality. Just look at how many movies are made, and books of fiction. It's not so much about being misled but instead it is dealing with the truth of reality. Many people would rather not hear the truth and when they can't have that option, they would prefer to be lied to.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 10:50 am
@Caroline,
I think I must be the exception, if I catch someone lying I'm not impressed but I see what you mean in that I'd rather not know some things but they are generally harmless things.
0 Replies

Catchabula

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 11:59 am
@Caroline,
Hey Caroline, I read this a few times over and I really like it (and you know I never flatter Wink ). It's slightly surrealistic, one could call it a koan. When we start laughing we'll get it. In the meantime I would suppose this is not a fable about lying but about misunderstandings and missed chances. What do you think?
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 11:22 am
@Caroline,
Hey Catch, well the bit about the stone is about life in general, well people really that I've come across, the joke at the end just came to me as I was writing it and yes I guess people do let me down but I forgive them because it's no big deal, you're right it's not about lying but about people being human and not being there when you need them.
xris

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;120477 wrote:
Hey Catch, well the bit about the stone is about life in general, well people really that I've come across, the joke at the end just came to me as I was writing it and yes I guess people do let me down but I forgive them because it's no big deal, you're right it's not about lying but about people being human and not being there when you need them.
We are all subject to our failings Caroline. When I look back at my youth and remember how horrid I was, it hurts me. Regrets, Ive had few, too many to mention.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 01:27 pm
@Caroline,
We all make mistakes xris and you're only human, at least you see the error of your ways now, it's hard to forgive oneself when you have hurt others but as long as you don't do it now then you have learned.
xris

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:02 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;120521 wrote:
We all make mistakes xris and you're only human, at least you see the error of your ways now, it's hard to forgive oneself when you have hurt others but as long as you don't do it now then you have learned.
it was more the arrogance of youth rather than intended harm.
Caroline

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:04 pm
@xris,
xris;120534 wrote:
it was more the arrogance of youth rather than intended harm.
Well that's just part of growing up.
xris

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:07 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;120535 wrote:
Well that's just part of growing up.
Yes but what unnecessary pain we do inflict. I suffered by it to.
Caroline

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:13 pm
@xris,
xris;120537 wrote:
Yes but what unnecessary pain we do inflict. I suffered by it to.
Yes we do. Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that.
0 Replies