thysin

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 09:08 pm
It was a dark road, the one you were on.
Its darkness isn't like a shadow, more like an oil slick.
It encroaches on the light, not the other way around.
Don't look at the darkness, it wont help, it only makes it worse.
Keep going the other way, your smile will grow along with your pace.
It's good to see you again, welcome back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 878 • Replies: 8
No top replies

thysin

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 05:08 am
@thysin,
Any feedback for this one? Is it alright? I've never really written anything before and I don't think it's in any specific style or anything...just thought it once. Anyways I'd like some feedback to see if this is alright, it feels good to me but I just need some confirmation
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 05:53 am
@thysin,
Yeah it's good, interesting, personally i'd like to explore the dark side further, (a bit more interesting).Smile
thysin

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 09:53 am
@Caroline,
Yeah, those paths are interesting and they tend to blind you. But from my experience you are much more aware of a lot of things if you can come back from it.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 09:57 am
@thysin,
What so you mean 'blind you'?
When you say you're much more of aware of things, what do you mean?
0 Replies

thysin

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 10:10 am
@thysin,
To clarify a bit, by being blinded I mean that the dark path in my case hid a lot of things from me that should be important, like my marriage and relationship with my family, but this isn't important to that path so it blinds you to continue feeding itself. And by being more aware after the fact I mean you really understand yourself a million times better and I *believe* I've gained a strong knowledge of human nature because of it as well. I'm being vague as to what my path was because this is in the same thread with that 'poem' and I want to give them the change for it to be 'about them' if ya know what I mean, kinda weird.
Caroline

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 10:24 am
@thysin,
thysin wrote:
To clarify a bit, by being blinded I mean that the dark path in my case hid a lot of things from me that should be important, like my marriage and relationship with my family, but this isn't important to that path so it blinds you to continue feeding itself. And by being more aware after the fact I mean you really understand yourself a million times better and I *believe* I've gained a strong knowledge of human nature because of it as well. I'm being vague as to what my path was because this is in the same thread with that 'poem' and I want to give them the change for it to be 'about them' if ya know what I mean, kinda weird.

Yes i thought that's what you meant. Yes i definately understand what you mean when you say you understand yourself at a depth when you realise you're feeding it. I definately gained a stronger insight to human nature. What poem? (im little vague today due to a night on the juice and i've read so much stuff i forget what it's called?). No i dont really know what you mean when you say you want ot give them the chance for it to be about them, you mean the reader? Yeah but it always helps if you've got the choice to know the author's thoughts, i mean i liked your poem in this thread but i like to explore the authors thoughts too sometimes especially if i enjoyed/liked it. Is that what you mean?
0 Replies

thysin

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 10:41 am
@thysin,
I meant the poem at the beginning of the thread. I believe everyone has had some experience with dark paths so when they read the poem I want them to be reminded of their own, to evoke that emotion. You're a beautiful person by the way, your honesty and genuineness is amazing Smile
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 10:53 am
@thysin,
Yeah i after i re-read it i thought i mis-understood that bit so sorry. I definately have had some experience with dark paths and i believe i came out of it the better for it. Thank you for the compliment.
I liked your poem and as im interested in exploring the dark side, (more to what makes it tick rather than putting myself in danger), that's why i said it would be interesting to explore but that's just me. It's an interesting subject and l like the poem.
0 Replies