Trying to, em, understand? postmodernist views of science

odenskrigare

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:37 pm
@odenskrigare,
Yeah I think the whole field of psychoanalysis is some empirically unsound codswallop
0 Replies

Theages

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:36 am
@odenskrigare,
odenskrigare;68206 wrote:
Are either of you defending the equation of the penis to the square root of negative one? I just want to be clear on this.

Asking for explanation from someone who has never read Lacan is a pretty good clue that your attempt to understand is a complete joke and that you don't have any interest in learning anything.
odenskrigare

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:48 am
@Theages,
Theages;68305 wrote:
Asking for explanation from someone who has never read Lacan is a pretty good clue that your attempt to understand is a complete joke and that you don't have any interest in learning anything.

I repeat:

"How is the penis equivalent to the square root of negative one?"

I am not going to change the subject until this question has been answered satisfactorily. My quest for penile truth will not be deterred.
Zetetic11235

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 12:14 pm
@odenskrigare,
Well, I guess you will have to devote your life to study and become one of the: Peddlers of Lacan.(A bad place for a Settlers of Catan reference?)

I don't have the patience to devote myself to outmoded linguistics just to figure out what Lacan was talking about(which is probably the psychoanalysis of desire). If he wants to use the logical structure of mathematical terms to explain how he views the logical structure of the human mind, fine, even if he's being tongue and cheek. I just wouldn't spend my time pursuing it as I have little interest.

So far this looks like a trolling thread. Thats fine, but it will get deleted.

In the meantime, if you had anything else you wanted to discuss, I'm bored so I'll probably chime in.
odenskrigare

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 12:46 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235;68313 wrote:
I don't have the patience to devote myself to outmoded linguistics just to figure out what Lacan was talking about(which is probably the psychoanalysis of desire). If he wants to use the logical structure of mathematical terms to explain how he views the logical structure of the human mind, fine, even if he's being tongue and cheek.

If he's being tongue-and-cheek, why are his writings and his supporters so po-faced?

Zetetic11235;68313 wrote:
So far this looks like a trolling thread. Thats fine, but it will get deleted.

Trolling in the sense that Diogenes trolled Plato when he (allegedly) held up a plucked chicken and said "Here is Plato's man" (featherless biped)

What are the standards of decorum for discussing the writings someone who has already compared the penis to the square root of negative one?

Anyway, Theages' consternation in posting in my thread can be seen as the complete graph K_5, according to φ(the signifier) / φ(the narrative) = e^2, which, of course, as anyone familiar with postmodernist psychoanalytic critical theory knows well, is also the image of the image of the vulva.
Zetetic11235

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:05 pm
@odenskrigare,
odenskrigare;68325 wrote:
If he's being tongue-and-cheek, why are his writings and his supporters so po-faced?

I don't know, maybe they indulge in douchebaggery as a form of art?

odenskrigare;68325 wrote:

Anyway, Theages' consternation in posting in my thread can be seen as the complete graph K_5, according to φ(the signifier) / φ(the narrative) = e^2, which, of course, as anyone familiar with postmodernist psychoanalytic critical theory knows well, is also the image of the image of the vulva.

SmileSmileSmileSmile
SmileSmileSmile
SmileSmile
Smile
odenskrigare

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:06 am
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235;68389 wrote:
I don't know, maybe they indulge in douchebaggery as a form of art?

Ahhhh yes I can identify with that

In times like these, douchebaggery is the supreme art form

Zetetic11235;68389 wrote:

SmileSmileSmileSmile
SmileSmileSmile
SmileSmile
Smile

You know what the Pythagoreans said: even numbers such as 10 are female!
0 Replies