rap is crap

BWShooter

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 07:20 pm
MisterEThoughts wrote:
wel wel well people do we clown the music you listen to? no we all have our own taste and how can you say rock is harder to make? have you ever tried flowing rhyming? Music is not simple it's all music.

I have tried rhyming and it is very simple. Rap is all about degrading women, drive by shootings, smoking blunts, bling bling and hating the white race. It is not music, it is noise and the only reason it is so popular is because its angry and our culture thrives on that crap and also the black population is growing at a rapid rate.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 07:37 pm
Hoooo, I would like to see you battling it out on stage with any of 'em ...

Quote:
also the black population is growing at a rapid rate

No its not. African-Americans have been more or less about the same percentage of the US population for quite a while now - +/- 12%.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:47 am
Hmmm. I were thinking, in my formerly west coast notion of things, that lounge was pretty much what those "Ultra-Lounge" people had it as -- the stuff our grandfathers who had been stationed in the South Pacific listened to in the 50s and sixties (like Don Ho, Herb Alpert, Yma Sumac, etc.), and later stuff (like Stereolab and Combustible Edison). Somewhere between serious music and Spike Jones.
0 Replies

loserkid182

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:36 pm
Lets destroy rap! i hate it was it has no meaning only if they are talking about peace and helping the world! no murdering and stuff like that!

You cant spell crap without rap.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:50 am
<posted in wrong thread>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:06 am
You can't spell crock without rock.

You can't spell pope without pop.

You can't spell pretention without jazz.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:35 pm
Quote:
Rap is all about degrading women, drive by shootings, smoking blunts, bling bling... It is not music, it is noise

What he said.

Bumper sticker seen in Boston:
"I'm not too old...your music just sucks."

I want one of those.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:59 pm
it's funny, people only know rap for it's worst

there is some very good rap and hip hop, socially responsible and very musical

try de la soul, blackalicious, the avalanches, arrested development
0 Replies

ANU Rep

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 05:59 pm
Rap is born out of a culture...out of the struggle...it is something i relate to and can understand...being hungry, having no money, racism, violence... i cant relate to rock, country or punk, even tho some of 'dat stuff is aight (all night long, my immortal...)

some thoughts to BWshooter...yea u can rhyme, and i bet u do it all the time...but i can bet u probly dont sound that good...

i.e.(<-if u kno what 'dat stands for "that is") listen to Biggie, then Tupac, then Nas think u can come up wit a rhyme i wont laugh at?...

born and raised in the struggle...a maze...
workin' hard to find a little hard work that pays...
you can chit-chat, you got a happy family and bank trust...
while my people livin' gutter, wonderin' why christmas still missed us...

peace
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:53 pm
Biggie...Tupac...Nas...are ANY of them even breathing?

When a rapper can sell out a 50,000 seat arena 20 years after his first hit, I'll be impressed.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:24 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
When a rapper can sell out a 50,000 seat arena 20 years after his first hit, I'll be impressed.

When a singer sells out a 50,000 seat arena 20 years after his first hit, you can usually bet your bottom dollar that he's creatively dead. Thank the Lord for rockers who die young. And may no rapper go the path of the Dead and the Stones.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 03:33 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Biggie...Tupac...Nas...are ANY of them even breathing?

Rappers (and hip hop DJs) tend to move away from the limelight and work behind the scenes, more.

Dr Dre is the best example of this. He has been creating music since the 80s and, while he's never been the biggest name in performance, he continues to get HUGE success with production of artists including Eminem.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:52 am
Speaking of 20, 30 years later, I saw the Who last night. Damn good show, for a bunch of geezers.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 06:20 am
cool.
did they play anything out of the ordinary? how was the new bass player?
we saw them 2 years ago, right after entwistle died.
they seemed a little off that night (understandably so)...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 06:37 am
Most 'Rap' is crap; but that is true of any genre of music (anything).

There is always an elite at the top of any form of music, even 'country' (says he exposing his prejudiced underbelly - love Bonnie Tyler!), which leads the field making truly artistic, and innovative works.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:47 pm
nimh wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:

When a singer sells out a 50,000 seat arena 20 years after his first hit, you can usually bet your bottom dollar that he's creatively dead. Thank the Lord for rockers who die young. And may no rapper go the path of the Dead and the Stones.

Billy Joel. No two songs sound the same--from 60's style pop to blues to classical music.

New Year's Eve, 1999, he SOLD OUT Madison Square Garden (2000 Years: The Millenium Concert). His first album was Cold Spring Harbor (1971). His first #1 hit was Piano Man (1973).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:59 pm
I think I'll take the creative vibrancy of De La Soul (also already over 10 years, reinventing themselves quite a bit along the way) over Billy Joel any day, thanks ...
0 Replies

jazzy1

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:13 pm
wut an dum a** its not hard to make a rock song all you have to do is yell in the the mic aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see its a hit song already. lol but try to bust a flow and u might choke.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:21 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
cool.
did they play anything out of the ordinary? how was the new bass player?
we saw them 2 years ago, right after entwistle died.
they seemed a little off that night (understandably so)...

I don't recall them playing anything out of the ordinary...they sounded very good. I saw them last year too, at the time I was surprised how much energy was in the crowd. Great show.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:25 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
jazzy, you are a waset of skin and oxygen. Kill yourself.

Right. Cause saying hip hop "sucks" and "is not music, it is noise" is a sensible expression of adult reflection, but to say that "to make a rock song all you have to do is yell in the the mic" makes someone a waste of oxygen, better off dead. Obviously.

At least jazzy's probably got the excuse of being just a kid. What's yours?
0 Replies