rap is crap

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:47 am
Why hasn't the rap fad died?

It really should have remained nothing more than means of expression and reciting poetry by some inner city ghetto kids. It should never have become such a big part of the mainstream musical landscape that would linger on for 20+ years.

Creating a rock song is way harder than busting out a rhyme...

discuss
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 15,697 • Replies: 180
No top replies

kerver

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 02:39 am
I totally agree, I basically can't stand rap. Although, I like missy elliot. Not so much for her music(even though i don't mind it) but for her being a woman rapper. I admire her for that. I don't think there are too many woman rappers out there, she's done a great job.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 03:46 am
I hate rap myself, but to each their own. Lots of people out there hate country music, but I wouldn't appreciate it being taken away from me.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it ;-)

Live and Let Live!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:17 am
I agree. It's garbage.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:21 am
Me too !!! And I detest the hand movements which go with it !!!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:21 am
Rap is like some foreign food, it is an acquired taste. I don't like all rap and I can see why people would like rap. It has some great beats to move to. It takes a lot of talent to rhyme.

When they "flow" that is what they think of at that exact time and moment. And it is amazing to hear how quick the human mind, and their mind, can move. It does take talent to write lyrics in any genre.

What amazes me more then writing, because I am a writer, is music. People who can write music are so awesome because it creates the song, the mood, the feel.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:36 am
'Cept fo' the Monkey, you people all gon' die.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:39 am
I think you made a very ignorant and stupid statement.
Making a rock song is way harder? Like there isn't plenty of sh!tty rock bands out there?
I like all types of music, and my feeling is this. If I don't listen to a certain genre of music, I don't go bashing it because I don't like it. I just never got into that type of music, so I refrain from making uneducated opinions about it. For instance, I never listen to Country. I might hear one or two songs, and think it doesn't take talent...but the truth is, to excell in any type of music, it does take talent.
Considering how you don't like rap, I'm sure you haven't really heard it all that much. There's plenty of talented rap artists, who probably have more talent than you'll ever have.
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:39 pm
Like the great white boy rapper, Luke Ski . . .

I'm sorry Golem
I never meant to hurt you
But you can kiss that ring bye-bye
'Cause tonight
I'm stealin' like a hobbit . . .

Check him out here[/color].
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:09 pm
Tehe. . . yes, I think rap pretty much bites. . . I do have to admit that I'm into German hip hop, though I think it's much cleverer. . .

The thing I can't stand most about rap, actually, is the music videos and image they cast. . . the objectification of women and such.

And the encouragement to wear those weirdo clothes. . . :-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:12 pm
Ska is cool. Gansta rap pretty much bites.

Outkast is undefinable.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:28 pm
I think Outkast is the new P-Funk, and I like them. Most of the rest I can take or leave, and I agree with Slappy, there are tons of crappy rock bands out there.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:34 pm
Outkast! P-Funk! Yes!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:37 pm
Just when I lose faith that we are gonna lose rock, a group like Outkast comes along.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 03:57 am
wel wel well people do we clown the music you listen to? no we all have our own taste and how can you say rock is harder to make? have you ever tried flowing rhyming? trust me it's not as simple as bro doe it's much more complex first of all it's like poetry except brought up with beats and such theres much more to it, bUt see i hate rap too but i love undeground rap thats more me they talk about politics more about the society instead of women because i dislike that too money hoes and such thats just bogus but i suggest you listen to good rappers and you will see it's not easy as it seems. Music is not simple it's all music.
0 Replies

dahe24

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:36 pm
MisterEThoughts wrote:
wel wel well people do we clown the music you listen to? no we all have our own taste and how can you say rock is harder to make? have you ever tried flowing rhyming? trust me it's not as simple as bro doe it's much more complex first of all it's like poetry except brought up with beats and such theres much more to it, bUt see i hate rap too but i love undeground rap thats more me they talk about politics more about the society instead of women because i dislike that too money hoes and such thats just bogus but i suggest you listen to good rappers and you will see it's not easy as it seems. Music is not simple it's all music.

Yeah I totally agree. Hip-Hop, not this modern crap but old skool might be my favorite type of music so dont go creating threads bashing diffrent types of music.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:53 am
I don't care where it comes from. It's monotonous beat is like Chinese water torture. Except rap only takes minutes to drive me out of my mind.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:11 am
I'm not so sure it's the beat that bothers you Wilso. The beats used in hip-hop are diverse, and often sampled from rock and pop songs.

Since you do not express the same vehemence about rock and pop beats I can only conclude that there is something else that is the real factor for you. If it were just the beat why have I never seen you so angry about trace, disco and techno?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:15 am
Because they're not being played ad nauseam on the radio stations. some stations here now play up to 60% rap.
The monotonous vocal tones are also like sandpaper over my nerve endings.
0 Replies