rap is crap

dragonfly13184

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:11 pm
PDiddie wrote:
'Cept fo' the Monkey, you people all gon' die.

this is exactly why i do not like rap. it causes able people to sound like idiots. we're all going to die? i mean come on. a threat like that isn't just mean, it's also reaking of creative and imaginative lack. that threat is actually probably straight out of some rap song.

but... before everyone gets all mad at me for my very strong oppinion, i do like some rap. i like that rap that actually IS poetry, and not just some guy (or girl) making up rhymes about all the stuff they have, or all the drugs they do, or all the people they've killed. i like rap when it has positive lyrics. i know linkin park isn't rap, but i like the rap part of their songs. i enjoy will smith he's just friggin awesome. i also like POD.... they rap a little.. i really like rap that's mixed with rock because it shows musical tallent as well as tallent with words.

but rap today.... well you can't spell crap without rap.... ( and a c from country) sorry.. i don't like country either... it rots the brain.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:59 pm
dragonfly, I don't really hear much rap, but the rap I do hear is usually on the subway, and it's usually some idiot rapping along with his headphones as if he were the only one on the train. You can't even hear the music, but you can hear the head-bobbing moron doing his thing loud and clear. Yes, in that case, it DEFINITELY makes people sound like idiots. Or maybe they were already idiots.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 11:34 am
country rules. The only genre of music that keeps going up instead of going down like all others. Record prices.

Read it somewhere.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:35 pm
There's a lot of variations in rap. The poetic kind, like 8 mile. I really like eminem, his lyrics aren't positive but atleast he's saying something.

Rap is the modern jazz IMO. It's jazz with words

It's passionate and soulful. It's not like other music. It's not about the message, it's not about the background music. But it gives you something to move to and beat with.

Both rap and jazz (and some alternate songs like enya) are very different from other genres of music IMO.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:59 pm
This man did an experiment on rats or mice. He had sperate groups and one group listen to classical music, another country, another Rock, another Rap. Now they each had to go through a maze. Over time it was the classical that became the fastest. Each time they would be come faster and faster. There was moderate change in the Rock and Country group. But over time the Rap group couldn't remember how to get through the maze and they became worse. They ended up fighting with each other and killing each other by the end of the test.

What raper where they listening to? 50 Cent.
0 Replies

dragonfly13184

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:54 pm
mice
Mice are stupid.

I'm not so sure that classical music has any real intelligence booster. Although it does seem to calm the nerves. I think it is more of the fact that it doesn't have words in it that makes it better music to think and learn to. I don't think it would be any different if the mice were listening to matrix themes or beethoven.

But since that's not the argument that we're discussing then I'm going to comment on the dead Fifty cent mice... i bet they wore bandanas and they had little guns and knives. one of them was prolly going around to the other mice and was like "i've been shot 9 times" and then the other mice were like. ha ha ha ha ha yeah rizight lil' craka mouse.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:55 pm
There is some interesting Rap out there.
I like listening to rap from around the world, I've
heard some Japanese,French and Mexican stuff
Some English language stuff that I like;
Cex, Aesop Rock, and 2 Skinee Jays
But most commercial stuff leaves me cold
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 11:42 pm
Mice maybe stupid but name a gagster raper that hasn't had a rough life? I don't think you can.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 04:28 am
F-ck rap. I just saw the most amazing jazz trio in my life. A drum, bass and piano trio that totally blew me away. Good jazz musicians are like artists. I mean, they almost become the instrument. Rap is just a bunch of guys playing with their dicks as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure there are a few rappers who might be exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, they are not serious musicians, and therefore, they suck.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 09:24 am
That reminds me...last summer I dated this Japanese girl who made me a cd, and she threw a Japanese rap song on there. When I popped it in my car, it was so hard not to bust out laughing. I tell you, nothing sounds "gangsta," until you hear little Japanese guys rapping.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:25 am
lol! Do you remember who it was, Slappy? Nothing looks & acts gangsta until you see Japanese rap music videos. Razz

As silly as Japanese rap usually is, I quite like a few songs by Dragon Ash.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 12:28 pm
I have no idea who it was...it's on a mixed cd I have though. I could listen to it and see if they say their name...it's mixed English/Japanese.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 05:50 pm
(LOL at dragonfly's "mice are stupid")

Slappy, you should hear Albanian rap! <big grin>

"We are Albanians and we are real G's -
You don't wanna f*** ... with Albanians ...
You don't wanna f*** ... with Albanians!"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 06:02 pm
"Listen my brothers and sisters ...
The time has come to unite
The time has come to take back whats ours,
Kosova
To all those who wanna stop us
All those are gonna die
F*** you, Milosevic
F*** you, Serbia
And f*** peace
We waited long enough
We're Albanians
We will die as Albanians

Yeh - its time to ride these motherf***ers outa town
Its time to rally up the troops
From Derniz to Prishtin
From Prizren to Pej
From Klina to Gjakov
To all of Kosov'
Its time we united and
take back whats ours
What belongs to us
You mothafuckers 've been playing too long
You want war?
Then come and get it
Cause the red & black will leave you hopeless
Kosova Republic!"

Rap is universal ... <evil grin>
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 02:21 pm
That's pretty good. Who is that, nimh?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 02:29 pm
I had never heard Nelly's stuff, but when I saw his preformance of "Hot In Herre" on Saturday Night Live with a full band, I was blown away. They just funked it up. So later, I downloaded the song from the album, and it just didn't compare. Live, he's fantastic.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:38 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
That's pretty good. Who is that, nimh?

LOL! Those two? That was DMK, You dont wonna **** with Albanians; and Lil' Buni, Serbs. Both verry amateuristic, though. More like a curiosity.

I got one Albanian hip-hop track that actually is good, tho: "Bota është e jona", by Ritmi i Rrugës.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:49 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
This man did an experiment on rats or mice. He had sperate groups and one group listen to classical music, another country, another Rock, another Rap. Now they each had to go through a maze. Over time it was the classical that became the fastest. Each time they would be come faster and faster. But over time the Rap group couldn't remember how to get through the maze and they became worse. They ended up fighting with each other and killing each other by the end of the test.

well i dunno, but if i hadnt been listening to hip hop these past three hours, i would never have been able to get through this 14-hour
workday on 6 hours sleep
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 10:00 pm
I liked some of the French stuff they used on La Haine.

What's the one they used in the scene where some dude was blaring it out of his project window in the hood? It sounded something like "Hate la police! Hate la police!" And the pigs were frantically trying to track him down.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 10:45 pm
The hard part of rap is not making a song (hell i could do that) but making a GOOD song. Ever wonder why there are a select few BIG rappers? Its because surprisingly it takes some skill to write. Lyrics, beat, and yes there is a melody usually. I've tried and its alot harder than it looks. I'm in a rock band, and while ill agree rock songs are harder to play they are not harder to come up with.
0 Replies