Stress. Portrait of a Killer.

Elmud

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:22 pm
Interesting documentary on the public broadcasting channel on stress. Can't remember all the details but,,apparently stress does not cause things like peptic ulcers,,but,,stress does produce two corrosive hormones which compromise the immune system which allows the bacteria that cause peptic ulcers. I suppose that could apply to many things. Kind of weird that Japan has the heaviest smokers in the world ,,yet,,one of the highest life expectancies. Wonder if their lack of stress has anything to do with it. Don't really know. One things for sure,,,worrying will kill ya.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,417 • Replies: 10
No top replies

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:22 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud;97497 wrote:
Interesting documentary on the public broadcasting channel on stress. Can't remember all the details but,,apparently stress does not cause things like peptic ulcers,,but,,stress does produce two corrosive hormones which compromise the immune system which allows the bacteria that cause peptic ulcers. I suppose that could apply to many things. Kind of weird that Japan has the heaviest smokers in the world ,,yet,,one of the highest life expectancies. Wonder if their lack of stress has anything to do with it. Don't really know. One things for sure,,,worrying will kill ya.

Great. Now I have one more thing to worry about.
0 Replies

Subjectivity9

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 01:49 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud,

In Japan, they have one of the highest suicide rates directly attributable to stress. Adolescent children are known to frequently take their lives, simply because they got a low mark on a test.

I believe that attributing longevity to a race, because of one thing either done or not done, may always prove out to be rather simplistic.

But, it is probably a good idea to search out the why of their longivity. Perhaps someday the disease of death might become curable, or not.

S9
Elmud

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:19 pm
@Subjectivity9,
Subjectivity9;99065 wrote:
Elmud,

In Japan, they have one of the highest suicide rates directly attributable to stress. Adolescent children are known to frequently take their lives, simply because they got a low mark on a test.

I believe that attributing longevity to a race, because of one thing either done or not done, may always prove out to be rather simplistic.

But, it is probably a good idea to search out the why of their longivity. Perhaps someday the disease of death might become curable, or not.

S9

Maybe its in their diet. Lots of iodine I've heard. Don't know.
0 Replies

Subjectivity9

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 05:07 pm
@Elmud,
Lots of green tea, too.

S9
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 08:29 pm
@Subjectivity9,
Subjectivity9;99065 wrote:
Elmud,

S9
Thought their suicide rate was due to their honor codex.
0 Replies

Subjectivity9

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 05:15 am
@Elmud,
Hex,

Don't bother speaking with me. I know you to be just a bully.

S9
HexHammer

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 05:54 am
@Subjectivity9,
Subjectivity9;140224 wrote:
Hex,

Don't bother speaking with me. I know you to be just a bully.
You do not resort to reason, only to hate, only to discrimination. You have never once proposed a reason for why you speak with such hate and anger.

You are ruled by emotion, therefore can't say anything constructive, put me on ignore, instead of acting so puerile.
0 Replies

Subjectivity9

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 06:49 am
@Elmud,
Hex,

Bully Boy...I never reason with a bully. Because I know that he is just looking for an opening to hit me, like so many others.

I knew if you followed me somewhere and showed up again coincidently, and rather quickly from our last discussion, that my summing up of your basic character was correct, and that you simply smelled a chance to draw blood from someone else. A favorite past time?

Lo and behold, here you are. I will take that as a confession to your vast lack of self esteem. : ^ (

S9
0 Replies

bmcreider

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:51 am
@Elmud,
Apparently, we have two fine examples of stress caused to/by each other in this thread.

Ironic, but is that surprising?
0 Replies

Subjectivity9

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:57 am
@Elmud,
Bm,

Quite so. : ^ (

I think if I had taken a time out, b/4 answering, I would have let this suffering person go in peace.

Namaste,
S9
0 Replies