Super bowl

Elmud

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 07:14 pm
I am still hurting over the super bowl. My Cardinals lost. It ain't fair. They were the better team. If not for that interception in the first half, I believe they would have won going away. No disrespect intended for you Steeler fans but, you musy admit. Cardinals had a better offense. Best receiver in the league. Their defense? Well,,,,. But still, they were the better team. No one gave them a chance. I wish that Chris Collinsworth had not put the bad luck on them by choosing them to win. He always picks the losers. That is why they lost you know. It was his fault. He put the whammy on them. I would appreciate it if Chris would not choose them to win anymore so they might have a chance to win. Still, Cardinals were the better team. Maybe next year. hope Chris Collinsworth retires by then.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,154 • Replies: 13
No top replies

xris

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:32 pm
@Elmud,
I could never understand how you colonists got so carried away with a game of rounders..A good beach game or in a freshly mowed meadow but in a stadium..:perplexed:
Elmud

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:22 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
I could never understand how you colonists got so carried away with a game of rounders..A good beach game or in a freshly mowed meadow but in a stadium..:perplexed:
Its just an escape thing Xris. A little entertainment every now and then to take the mind off of all the serious matters in life. Sports, music, movies every now and then. In the case of the Super bowl, it was good to see an underdog exceed everyones expectations like the Cardinals did. Just wish they could have won one more time.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 08:51 pm
@Elmud,
Defenses win championships, Elmud.

I was pulling for the Cardinals, too, but that age old football wisdom can't be ignored.
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 07:26 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:

By the way Xris, we are not all colonists. My folks came from Ireland many years later.
Aedes

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 07:46 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud;58193 wrote:
I am still hurting over the super bowl. My Cardinals lost. It ain't fair.
I'm still hurting over the 1986 World Series, the 1999 divisional series, and the 2003 ALCS, even though my Red Sox have won the World Series twice since then.

The Superbowl last year hurt as well. Ouch. Eli Manning ... ugh.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 08:01 pm
@Elmud,
I am still sad about Super Bowl XVI and XXIII which my beloved Bengals lost to the 49ers (well I was too young to remember the one in 1981). The thing that makes it worse is I have had to watch dismal football since 1990, and the one year that they were actually good, Carson Palmer had his knee blown out on one of the first plays of the Wild Card game against the Steelers.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 02:55 am
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
By the way Xris, we are not all colonists. My folks came from Ireland many years later.
Sorry i call all Americans colonists.My great grandparents came from Ireland during the potato famine, do you know what part of Ireland your folks are from?
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 05:59 am
@xris,
Oh, and Xris, football has nothing to do with rounders. You're thinking about baseball, and in that sense, I agree. It's a fun game to play with some friends, but in a stadium? No way. Football, on the other hand, deserves... no, demands a stadium.
xris

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 06:28 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Oh, and Xris, football has nothing to do with rounders. You're thinking about baseball, and in that sense, I agree. It's a fun game to play with some friends, but in a stadium? No way. Football, on the other hand, deserves... no, demands a stadium.
Sorry my ignorance of American sport is only to obvious.Thanks for the lesson. Xris
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 03:49 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Sorry i call all Americans colonists.My great grandparents came from Ireland during the potato famine, do you know what part of Ireland your folks are from?
I don';t know. i've looked on several sites trying to find out but, no luck. I'd like to be able to find out.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

xris wrote:
I looked again. All i could come up with was county Leitrim. Interesting stuff geneology. wish i had a time machine.
xris

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 02:30 am
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
I don';t know. i've looked on several sites trying to find out but, no luck. I'd like to be able to find out.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I looked again. All i could come up with was county Leitrim. Interesting stuff geneology. wish i had a time machine.
Do you know when they left Ireland, they could have been escaping the famine , like my Irish family.My family came from Cork, but no chance of finding exactly where. So many left Ireland in the 18 and 19c,it was us damned English landlords.Ireland is a wonderful place, i did have many friends there before the recent troubles, they could not be known to have served in the British army.The IRA would have purged them or made their life hell.
Elmud

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 06:49 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Do you know when they left Ireland, they could have been escaping the famine , like my Irish family.
I don't really know Xris. that may have been the case but, I'm just guessing. I recall watching the movie Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. don't know how accurate the movie was but what struck me was how badly those Irish Immigrants were treated. Anyway, as the movie goes, some traveled to the southern US ,Oklahoma in particular , for an opportunity to settle on free land. Anyone who watched the movie knows the particulars, or anyone who has studied the history of this. Maybe my descendants were a part of this generation but, like i say, i don't really know. Be good to know though.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

By the way. My grandfather who I never met, always regarded profanity as something that was forbidden to be used around women. He called it, "Black Guarding". are you familiar with that expression?
xris

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:08 am
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
I don't really know Xris. that may have been the case but, I'm just guessing. I recall watching the movie Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. don't know how accurate the movie was but what struck me was how badly those Irish Immigrants were treated. Anyway, as the movie goes, some traveled to the southern US ,Oklahoma in particular , for an opportunity to settle on free land. Anyone who watched the movie knows the particulars, or anyone who has studied the history of this. Maybe my descendants were a part of this generation but, like i say, i don't really know. Be good to know though.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

By the way. My grandfather who I never met, always regarded profanity as something that was forbidden to be used around women. He called it, "Black Guarding". are you familiar with that expression?
No ive never heard it but Ive worked with the Irish and profanities slipped of their tongue like ship off a shovel.I never new my Irish grandmother she died when my mother was six.I remember my Scottish grandfather he hated the sassanachs,english, but married one.
0 Replies