Technology

Elmud

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:20 pm
"It is appallingly clear, that our technology has surpassed our humanity"-Albert Einstein, from the movie, "Powder".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:33 pm
@Elmud,
Well, just look at us. Humans have the ability to obliterate all sentient life in an instant. As literacy rates increase (the number of people who are capable of reading) our society becomes increasingly non-literate (ie, we read less and less); people prefer television.

Before I ramble on for pages, I'll leave it here. Look, I'm a huge fan of technology. That's not the issue: the issue is how we decide to use our technology. When the Chinese invented gun powder the government made a conscious decision not to use gun powder aggressively. They used gun powder to fight off invading force, but that's it. When we in the west got hold of the stuff we proceeded to conquer nearly ever square inch of land and subjugate a multitude of foreign people on every inhabited continent. I love fireworks. Wouldn't we have been better off, humanity that is, had we followed the Chinese example?
0 Replies